main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Am I Allana or Amelia? - Completed 10/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by FelsGoddess, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Ah, man, poor Allana. Guess they threw the Kenobi Method out the window. At least she'll go through that pain in childhood instead of adulthood. And while she goes through Jedi training, maybe she'll understand it a little more.

Mom gave me a box of trinkets and letters she had kept for me. There?s some stuff he gave me when I was really little and letters.

Please don't let one of the trinkets be that damned Sith tassel that seemed to have been forgotten halfway through LOTF. Maybe Allana can interpret it correctly, unlike her father did.

This is becoming an excellent piece of work instead of just a gimmick of a child writing in a journal. Wonder if Allana will keep this datapad throughout her Jedi training and beyond.

Sad and excited about the end.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Awesome post and great detailing of emotions there. =D=

I can feel both Amelia's anger and confusion at the beginning that transitions into real excitement and anticipation over her training. :)

3. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    That was so beautiful. I love this story. I can't believe it's going to end. This is the only fanfic I've ever read and stayed up to date on. Guess I'll have to find a new one.

The only problem I had with the latest chapter was Ben flirting with Jysella. Other than that it was great.

P.S. Ever thought of doing this with other characters? Maybe Chance?

4. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    JediMara77
    Uncle Luke saved Anakin Skywalker. Why couldn?t my Father be saved? I keep hearing he was too far gone. I don?t know what that means.
    Oh man, I have sooooo many problems with Jacen's fall, and this is one of the major ones.

Yep. Thank you!

madman007
    Ah, man, poor Allana. Guess they threw the Kenobi Method out the window. At least she'll go through that pain in childhood instead of adulthood. And while she goes through Jedi training, maybe she'll understand it a little more.
    They can only keep it hidden for so long.

Please don't let one of the trinkets be that damned Sith tassel that seemed to have been forgotten halfway through LOTF. Maybe Allana can interpret it correctly, unlike her father did.
    Nope. Nothing like that.

This is becoming an excellent piece of work instead of just a gimmick of a child writing in a journal. Wonder if Allana will keep this datapad throughout her Jedi training and beyond.

Sad and excited about the end.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thank you!

Jade_eyes
    Awesome post and great detailing of emotions there. applause
    I can feel both Amelia's anger and confusion at the beginning that transitions into real excitement and anticipation over her training. happy

Thank you very much! [:D]

Zorkel567
    That was so beautiful. I love this story. I can't believe it's going to end. This is the only fanfic I've ever read and stayed up to date on. Guess I'll have to find a new one.
    Thank you very much. :)

P.S. Ever thought of doing this with other characters? Maybe Chance?
    I've done diary stories before. I've tossed around the idea of doing another. If I do, it will be months down the road.

5. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Here it is, the final post. Thank you all for reading this little fic. I appreciate it greatly. @};-

And thank you, Jade_eyes for taking a look at this. [:D]

[b]Age 17[/b]

Oh, datapad. This is awful. I can?t believe it. I want to wake up from this nightmare.

Grandpa Han is dead. He?s gone.

The doctors said that all the stress had finally caught up to his body. He died in the [i]Millennium Falcon[/i], in the pilot?s chair. He refused to stay in a hospital. I was staying with them when he asked Grandma Leia to go on a flight. I think she knew right then that the end was here. Uncle Luke and Ben were there. We traveled away from Coruscant.

We just drifted through space that afternoon. Grandpa Han stayed in the pilot?s chair. Eventually, Uncle Luke made Ben take me to the galley to eat. A half-hour later, we felt his presence disappear. It was horrible. The galaxy felt so much smaller and less safe.

Aunt Jaina called then and Uncle Luke had to tell her he was dead. It was awful. She knew. She had felt it. My cousins Lillian, Arin and Chace felt it.

Grandpa Han wanted to be burned on Hapes, like Uncle Anakin and Father. Aunt Jaina and her family came to Hapes. Being on the [i]Falcon[/i], with him dead, was one of the worst experiences of my life. I stayed holed up in my cabin.

He?s being burned in the morning. I need to sleep, but I can?t. He was like my father. He raised me. He taught me so much.

I miss him. I miss him so much.

------------------------------------------------

Today is the day I take my place in the Hapen Court as Princess Allana Solo Djo. I know that Hapen women don?t take their father?s last name, but being a Solo is important to me. It matters.

Grandma Leia is here. Since Grandpa Han died, she been splitting her time between here, Bastion and staying with Uncle Luke. I think they have been helping each other. Both have lost a spouse. Aunt Jaina is here, too. She only brought Lillian, thank the Force. My hair has finally grown out from where Arin and Chase burned it.

And Aunt Jaina wonders why I won?t babysit when I visit.

I?m ready for this. Mom asked me if I wanted to and I do. It?s my birthright.

When I wasn?t training to be a Jedi, I went through ?Princess training? with Grandma Leia. She put Aunt Jaina through a similar course when Uncle Jag became Emperor of the Empire. Grandpa Han came up with the name.

I wish he was here today.

My gown is waiting for me. Grandma Leia and Mom around going to be in here to do my hair.

I will finally be able to drop the name Amelia. Grandpa Han said years ago that when I was able to use Allana again, I could keep Amelia for disguises. Amelia was the Jedi trainee, adopted daughter of Han and Leia Solo. She was nobody; an orphan with famous parents. She helped fill a hole left by two dead sons.

I get to be Allana, daughter of Tenel Ka Djo and Jacen Solo. I know it will be hard. Mom will continue my Jedi training as much as possible.

Father, I am going to help Mom keep peace in our part of the galaxy. I?m going to make your dream come true, the right way.

I grew up with two different identities. Today, they become one.

I am Allana and Amelia.

[hr]

6. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004

Grandpa Han is dead. He?s gone.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Grandma Leia is here. Since Grandpa Han died, she been splitting her time between here, Bastion and staying with Uncle Luke. I think they have been helping each other. Both have lost a spouse.

It is nice to think that they have been able to comfort each other throughout the years. There's never enough good Luke/Leia interaction.

When I wasn?t training to be a Jedi, I went through ?Princess training? with Grandma Leia. She put Aunt Jaina through a similar course when Uncle Jag became Emperor of the Empire. Grandpa Han came up with the name.

I love the idea of "Princess training." It makes me wish for a novel with a teenage Leia, or to even see her during the long-anticipated live-action series, although they said no major characters.

She helped fill a hole left by two dead sons.

:_|:_|:_|

I?m going to make your dream come true, the right way.

Maybe one day in the galaxy, people will stop trying to control other people in order to have peace.

....Nah!

I grew up with two different identities. Today, they become one.

I am Allana and Amelia.

Sniff...oh, that was lovely. You're making me want to read novels with Allana now. Darn you! ;)

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    You are quite welcome :D and thanks for this wonderful story seen through Amelia's eyes.

Great merging of her two identities. I can feel her pride and confidence in being her true self.

:)

8. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    He died in the Millennium Falcon, in the pilot?s chair.

If Han had to go, and he was nearly 90 by this time, that's exactly where he should go.

I liked that Allana didn't have to choose a name. She could be both Allana and Amelia.

Perfect ending.

I really enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing it!

=D==D==D=@};-

9. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    A perfect ending to a wonderful story. :)

So sad to see Han go, but I'm glad he was on the Falcon with his family when it happened.

=D=

10. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Wow, what a great ending! I like how you tied it all up and showed what a smart, strong young woman Allana has become. Wonderful work.

But oh, Han is dead?! No! I wish he could've been there with his granddaughter too. Aww.

Still, I really enjoyed this story, it's brilliant!

11. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010

Oh my gosh. I had goosebumps the entire time I was reading that latest chapter. It was fantastic, I truly loved it. Poor Han... sniff...

If you decide to end up doing another diary/journal story, please PM me when you start. Thanks for a wonderful read.

12. bender42

bender42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2010
    Good job. it sounded like a six year old, espeacialy the way she adressed it as "Datapad" You nailed the Han/leia relationship perfectly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.