main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Am I right or wrong? please tell me

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by KRISTEN, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KRISTEN

KRISTEN Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2001
    Hi everyone
    Last night I was wacthing my Classic Trilogy DVD's and my friend said that when he saw the 1997 edition the theater he saw it in they showed the part where Biggs is talking to Luke on Tattooine. I told him that that could not be true, that he must have been dreaming, but that is his story and he is sticking to it. There is no way that he could have seen the Biggs/luke Tatooine part in 1997 right? Please help!

2. Obi_Lon

Obi_Lon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    that wasn't in the SE i saw in the theater in '97.

3. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Only time I saw that scene was on the Behind The Magic CD and the stills from the Star Wars Storybook and other sources.

4. heathdaniel

heathdaniel Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 24, 2004
    I think your friend is wrong.

5. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I think your friend is hallucinating. That scene wasn't in the 1997 SE.

6. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    nope. it wasn't there. i remember being very disappointed back i '97.

7. Crow_T_Robot

Crow_T_Robot Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2002
    It was never available for the public to see until the Behind the Magic cd-rom came out in late 1998. I'm not dissapointed that it didn't get put in the movie because it would seriously disrupt the flow of the movie, in my opinion. I will admit I'm a little dissapointed that it and other deleted scenes didn't make it onto the DVD's, though.

8. alasander

alasander Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2004
    The scenes your mentioning were shot but were dropped in post production and never made it into any release of the film.

Luke talks to Biggs at Tosche Station after witnessing the battle in the skies above Tatooine between the Star Destroyer and Blockade Runner.

Various stills of the scenes shot made it into the DVD extras disk.

9. Orionsangel

Orionsangel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Your friend might think you're talking about the brief Luke and Biggs scene at the X-wing hangar, right before the attack on the Deathstar. That was added in 97.

The Luke, Biggs scene from the BTM CD is on Tatoonie and has bad dialogue and bad acting, but it fits right in with the rest of the movie's style and it's a shame knowing this footage exist and it wasn't included on the DVDs.

10. lord-darkhelmet

lord-darkhelmet Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    For a long time I thought I saw that scene in the pre-SE edition in the theatre, but of course I hadn't. I had, however, read the scene over and over again in the comic adaptation which caused my memory to play that little trick on me. It's really funny what you "remember" about things in your childhood. The scene was included in the radio drama, but has never been part of any release of the film.

11. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I saw the SPECIAL EDITION of STAR WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE in at least three different theatres and a total of twelve times in a theatre in 1997 and that scene wasn't included in any of those viewings I experienced.

12. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    There was nothing wrong with the Biggs scenes on Tatooine, but the lead characters were supposed to be the droids, so Lucas cut them out for that reason. I agree with that decision, since it means that he stuck to his original idea. The early Luke/Biggs scenes were suggestions by his friends who thought that the main hero should be introduced earlier.
    I think it's nice that the droids have their own episode, sort of.

13. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    This is a well known and wide spread mass hallucination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.