main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Am I the only one still bothered by Hayden in ROTJ

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthMyBoy, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMyBoy

DarthMyBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2003
    Before people yell "LOCK", hear me out because I havent seen and threads specifically about this.....

Super Imposing HC into ROTJ bothered me for a few reasons...

1. It looked unatural, in the original Jedi, Yoda, Anakin, and Obi all look at eachother and smile. In the DVD Anakin just appears and then has a forced grin on his face while an old Obi and Yoda smile at eachother.

2. Why not just have Ewan in there if your going to have Hayden? I know, people have been saying Anakin essentially died at the age he is now shown at. Still, why not just have EG?

3. If your going to put in HC, how about put in some of the Jedi from the Council? Mace, Fisto, etc.? Just have all of the smiling at Luke.

I feel that this just disrupts and otherwise fantastic ending to Jedi, anyone else feel like this?

2. AAMD11

AAMD11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    no youre not the only one, I preffer the original actor being there, it does indeed make the ending feel better. Since OB1 is in has latter years why not keep Anakin in his latter years as he would of looked like if he had still remained in the good side. But I guess its what Lucas wanted us to see so I dont mind however I still think the other actor should of been there instead.

3. cr0wbar

cr0wbar Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2004
    I like the new ending. If you watch the original ending again Hayden's mannerisms are the same as Sebastin Shaw's. I though the color on Hayden looked off but it looks exactly the same on the original where Anakin has more color than the other two ghosts. Anakin reverts back to the time where he felt most comfortable as a jedi, not when he was more machine than man. It makes perfect sense to me.

Honestly the only change I cannot stand is Luke's line in ESB where he tells R2 he is lucky to get out of there, instead of He is lucky he doesn't taste good.

4. Ididitall4thewookie

Ididitall4thewookie Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2004
    I hate the idea of the change anyway, but I especially hate it since it looks like HC missed his mark or they started filming before GL yells action or something.

5. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Honestly the only change I cannot stand is Luke's line in ESB where he tells R2 he is lucky to get out of there, instead of He is lucky he doesn't taste good."

Absolutley right.

I believe another reason for the change is when Anakin seased to be Anakin and became Darth Vader, essentially Anakin Skywalker died. Hence the reason Hayden is now the Jedi spirit of Anankin Skywalker.

6. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Well, the reason we'd lock something like this is that DVD Thread #2 was set up to talk about all the DVD changes - of which Hayden appearing as Anakin in spirit form is one of them.

And I wouldn't say you're the only one, no.

7. MANDALORIAN

MANDALORIAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 1999

Anakin reverts back to the time where he felt most comfortable as a jedi

That would be be the mass murdering, Jedi betraying, deceitful, evil young man who tries to kill his Master while taking tips from the Sith?

Gives you warm feelings inside doesn't it?

8. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Before people yell "LOCK", hear me out because I havent seen and threads specifically about this.....

Where did you look? i see 10 on the first page already....And all are locked...

[face_laugh]

CLone

9. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    It still kinda bothers me, but I'm willing to just deal with it and believe the BS answers going around about "Why" it's hayden.

Although it does really bother me that he looks evil in that scene. Isn't he supposed to be happy?

but waddya gonna do?

D_M_S_L

10. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    *whispers* lock..... *whispers*

:)

And I'm not bothered at all by a change that makes the overall story flow together more smoothly. I have no idea why some people place their own childhood memories over what's right for the story.

11. MANDALORIAN

Mar 15, 1999

Not right for the story.

Anakin died on the Death Star. Hence the sad music and the teary Luke.

12. Death-Vader

Death-Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2002
    Anakin reverts back to the time where he felt most comfortable as a jedi

That would be be the mass murdering, Jedi betraying, deceitful, evil young man who tries to kill his Master while taking tips from the Sith?

Gives you warm feelings inside doesn't it?

All of that happens after he turns to the dark side. None of those things happen when he is still a Jedi Knight. This is how he appears as a Jedi Knight. Remember, don't associate Eps. III Anakin with evil, especially if you haven't seen the events that cause him to make those decisions. You will feel more for the character, instead of just assuming, "Anakin in Eps. III is all evil, all the time."

He's reverting back to the time before he turned to the darkside, which is what he would look like in ROTS.

13. Overwhelmed_Jedi

Overwhelmed_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2004
    Hayden was one of my favorite changes in ep.III because it shows Anakin dies young

14. MANDALORIAN

Mar 15, 1999

All of that happens after he turns to the dark side

Actually, in AOTC he weds in secret and kills men, women and children.

Hardly the model Jedi. ;)

15. jediart

jediart Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    I think as a force ghost you can choose how you will appear.

Obi-Wan and Yoda appear to Luke the way he had seen them.
    It is how Luke will remember them.

Anakin appears as he wants Luke to remember him.

Yes it's to simple,but sometimes simple is best.

16. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    Anakin must be removed. It is the worst change Lucas ever made.

17. BobaFett261

BobaFett261 Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2004
    Lord Darth Vader wrote:

"I believe another reason for the change is when Anakin seased to be Anakin and became Darth Vader, essentially Anakin Skywalker died. Hence the reason Hayden is now the Jedi spirit of Anankin Skywalker."

Yes but it can be argued that Anakin was brought back by Luke at the end of Jedi when Darth Vader threw the Emperor down the energy shaft. I always believed that luke brought out vaders good side at the end, even vader says so in so many words...So... if vaders good side is brought out in the end, he ceases to be Darth Vader which means it is appropriate to keep Mr. Shaw in the picture.

Thats one way I look at it.

18. sulaco

sulaco Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2004
    I still think the new Anakin 'force ghost' looks like a costume test for ROTS that the 'restorers' plopped into the shot with GL's recommendation...... maybe its just me.

19. Angela_Russell

Angela_Russell Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 6, 2004
    That is the only change I absolutly hate with a passion!!! I don't like the new dialogue for Emperor and Boba but at least its still bearable.

Ciao!

20. Det_Pak

Det_Pak Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2003
    yea the theory of young Anakin as the Jedi Spirit because he died young is BS..Anakin had returned to the Good/Light side BEFORE he died as a a man in his 40's..so he should of been an aged Anakin..Period

21. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    why would anakin want to join the force as the old man who died as mostly a machine and spent 20 years as an evil sith lord? if given the choice wouldnt it make more sense that he would join as the man he was before he turned evil? i think it makes perfect sense, and i think it adds more emotion to an already emotional scene. its touching that luke is able to see his father as he was when he was close to luke's age, when he was a hero of the republic. obi-wan and yoda, on the other hand, have no reason to appear as they were when they were younger because they have no reason to be ashamed of who they were when they died.

22. DINVADER26

DINVADER26 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    If it should be of aged Anakin should he not have the scars too? I mean he has to look exactly like he did after Luke removed the helmet?

23. BobaFett261

BobaFett261 Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2004
    wrong post -

24. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    just because anakin is redeemed doesnt mean that hes forgiven for all the horrible things that he did. he joins the force as member of the light side, hes good again and he fufilled his destiny to destroy the greatest evil the galaxy has ever known, so yes hes redeemed. but that still doesnt erase all of the things that he did. besides, if anakin can appear as a complete version of himself when he died (that is without scars, with limbs, hair, etc) then whats the big leap with him appearing as himself before he turned.

edit: neeeeeeever mind

25. martyz24

martyz24 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2001

Did Lucas betray and destroy Sebastian Shaw, from a certain point of view?

Probably.

I really don't like the new closing theme of RotJ either, I'd prefer to hear the original Ewok victory theme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.