main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Am I the ONLY one who feels the SW Trilogy is better than the SW Saga?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Brody, Mar 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    The point of the Yoda scene is that we meet this funny creature who is the total opposite of Luke's idea of a great warrior. THe audience is generally in the same frame of mind until the revelation that this little, green, funny man is the master. Knowing this beforehand takes away the tension.

The asteroid scene used to be a suprise, original and amazing but in order it is rehashed. The Vader scene was a revelation but now is void.

2. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I find it all equally enjoyable. Each Episode, each Trilogy, the Saga. :) :cool:

3. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    While you can't judge the full effect of the Saga until you've seen episode III,
    I think you can rightfully say you like the OT better than the PT already:

Let's say I rate the movies like this:

ANH - 10/10
    ESB - 10/10
    ROTJ - 8/10

- average: 9.3

TPM - 8/10
    AOTC - 7/10

- average: 7.5

For the PT to surpass the OT, episode III needs a score of at least 14/10...

and that's not possible. ;)

4. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    I have to agree with PMT on this those suprises are no longer suprises. If you have not seen the movies then you have heard about what happened in them.

Then you get into that other area of those who have not seen the OT yet are not going to know. My sister has not seen the OT and will never see the OT. She hates any thing and ever thing Star Wars. She only saw one SW movie and that was TPM. I was shocked she even saw that movie.

As much as we would like to think a lot of people out side of the fan base really like SW. It's just not so. A lot of people don't even like SW they hate ever thing about it. I'm the only one in my family that even watchs the movies. My mom does not watch them. My dad only saw them because he took me to see them. If not for him taking me he would never have seen them.

So really I'm not to worried about who know's the suprises or not.

And as for the OT and PT thing. There is not PT or OT there is only the Saga to me. As for the movies themselevs this will shock peopel but:

1)AOTC
    2)TESB
    3)ANH
    4)TPM
    5)ROTJ

Yes I like AOTC better then TESB but so what. I feel the PT is just as good as the OT. But I don't see it as that any more. I see the Saga.

5. Plo_Koen

May 23, 2001
    Let's not make this a rating thread. :)

I wonder how many people have actually tried it... watch all episodes in order on a rainy Sunday and pretend you know nothing when you start with TPM.

6. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    I wonder how many people have actually tried it... watch all episodes in order on a rainy Sunday and pretend you know nothing when you start with TPM.

That's really hard to do because I work ever Sunday and I want to get the OT on DVD in Sep. I also want to wait tell Ep3 comes out. That way I can do it the right way. I don't know going from watching two DVD's right to watch VHS just does not feel right to me.

7. Saul_Iscariot

Saul_Iscariot Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2004
    So far I think that the OT wins out for me, even though AOTC is my second favourite of the 5 films so far. It seems to me, that as we all know how certain things will play out, there is a lot less to get excited about the PT. I remember after seeing ANH how excited I would get about another SW movie. When the special editions were released, I remember chatting to all my mates about which showing they were going to, they were all bragging about having tickets for the 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm showings, which at that time had sold out. I had a 9:00am ticket, I couldn't wait, why wait till that night? With TPM, I saw the first showing, walked out and bought a ticket to the next available showing. AOTC, I saw in Manchester (UK), and after I left, I went and got another ticket straight away again. Actually, now I'm more excited about the finale of the PT. Thank you for reminding me how much I love these films.

8. Plo_Koen

May 23, 2001
    I don't know going from watching two DVD's right to watch VHS just does not feel right to me.

lol...

The first time I did this with 5 episodes went like this:

- TPM: excellent DVD quality
    - AOTC: crappy bootleg quality
    - OT: good old VHS quality

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.