main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Am I the only person who likes all 7 films?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Wrenegade, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Fandalorian

Fandalorian Jedi Master star 3

Apr 18, 2015
    I for one love all seven, i even put TPM above ANH, and RotS is almost tied for first. (with empire)

2. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I love all 7 as well, this might just be my opinion but from what I've seen its the people who grew up with the older ones who don't like the PT because it feels to different which is just silly imo. But I understand, doesnt mean they have to hate on actors though thats just silly.

3. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    Love all 7 films too! I have complaints about some of them of course, but nothing like sitting down and getting that GFFA "feeling" which all 7 give you in spades. I LOVE STAR WARS!!!!

4. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I love all six, but I am very conflicted by TFA. I enjoyed it, but I have to wait until 2019 to know if the continuation of the story really works for me. The almost-nostalgia-reboot this trilogy starts off on didn't help make it seem like a worthy reason to continue (story wise), although I was entertained and moved by certain scenes.

5. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    hm if I had the choice between PT and any other non starwars film I would still watch PT but if I had the choice between PT or OT i prefer OT. I loved 7 too.

Skellybobs likes this.
  6. rey09

rey09 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2015
    I think all films have something to offer. The OT is well-written and the minimalism is cool. The Prequels are obviously not the best well-written. I guess when you're trying to talk about the transition of a republic to an empire, it gets very political, so I don't know how you can make it that exciting. Anakin's change to the dark side could definitely have been more interesting, but also, it's hard to write a character who has it all but wants something more. Comes off as whiny, which is what some people found Kylo Ren to be.

Also, most importantly, the prequels give you a sense of the world before the jedi were gone. You see how vast their universe is. That's my only issue with TFA, that it just stuck to planets pretty much copied from ANH. I want to see the cool planets like Coruscant, Naboo. I want to be awed by new places.

Skellybobs and morrison85 like this.
  7. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Definitely not! I love all seven equally, although if I was told to pick only one I'd either say ROTS or TFA. But still, I can't choose which ones are better. To me, they all tell a single story, each one playing its part. Like I could never just say "Hm, I'm gonna just watch ANH". I have to watch them all in chronological order.

8. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I love them all.

9. Plan741

Plan741 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 22, 2015
    Nope, you are not alone at all. I saw SW in 77 and have loved every film since. I am one with the Force.

Olibar1 and Skellybobs like this.
  10. Dareth

Dareth Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2015

Agreed, I have been saying this for a month now. I like them all. Some I love more than others. But as a SW fan I love the shows, the movies, all of it. Well except any of the old specials.

Olibar1 and Skellybobs like this.
  11. Olibar1

Olibar1 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    Count me in as someone who loves all 7. A New Hope will always be number one to me, and all 6 others pretty much share the same space right below. I love the dark turn of ESB, the adventure of RotJ, the poetic weirdness and brilliant world building of TPM, the love story that is truly a tragedy and story of obsession of AotC, the operatic grandeur of RotS, and the fast paced love letter to the fans that is TFA.

My big fear moving forward is will the success of TFA mean that Kathleen Kennedy is more likely or less likely to take risks with the series. Lucas was right to continue to push boundaries of storytelling and visuals with the prequels, and to continue to break new narrative ground. If Dinsey pushes to hard to just keep remaking the same film, it won't take long for people to become bored with the series.

Skellybobs likes this.