main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Am I the only person who listens to Star Wars music in their car?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by squir1y, Jun 10, 2013.

1. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    I can't be the only one. I find it does really help if I have to take a long drive and I'm feeling sleepy. Crank it up and I'm good to go. Anyone else?

2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Hahaha, no. I do that all the time myself :p

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  3. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    It would be dangerous to drive listening to "Asteroid Fields".

4. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    I always put "Binary Sunset" on repeat when driving home from a stressful day at work. By the time I pull into the driveway, I am mellowed out. Works wonders and is much cheaper than therapy [face_laugh].

KSkywalker, Thuro, Jade_Pilot and 2 others like this.
  5. RainTrooper

RainTrooper Jedi Knight

Jun 4, 2013
    Me too! I also listen to it on my iPod while I'm at my desk at work. Usually with only one ear-bud in. I'll also put SW music on the iPod dock while I'm in my basement working on my Stormtrooper armor. Is there ever a bad time to listen to SW music?? I don't think so!

Sock and Awe likes this.
  6. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    I often listen to padme's ruminations music. It's weird and you easily lose yourself in it.

Sock and Awe likes this.
  7. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I sometimes listen to the music from the films and The Old Republic on my tablet. It's great music.

Han Burgundy likes this.
  8. man of steel

man of steel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    i listen to it when im in the bathroom:p

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    You people are weirdos :p just kidding

10. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    90% of what I listen to in the car is movie soundracks. I've done SW to death, unfortunately.

11. TheDarkLordess

TheDarkLordess Jedi Padawan star 3

Jun 5, 2013
    I have some SW soundtracks in my iPod and I listen to them every now and then (but not in the car, 'cause I don't have one). :p Anyway, it's not weird! (I think...) [face_worried]

12. Sock and Awe

Sock and Awe Jedi Master star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    "Duel of the Fates" makes for a great "pick me up" on the way in to work...

Firmus Jagdon likes this.
  13. TOSCHESTATION

TOSCHESTATION Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    [face_laugh]@ squir1y's avatar pic...

squir1y likes this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm currently listening to the second CD of ESB on the way to and from college in my car.
    Imperial March, Attacking a Star Destroyer, Carbon-Freezing Chamber, Clash of Lightsabers, Escape from Cloud City and Rebel Fleet/End Credits.

15. Theron Solo

Theron Solo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I listen to Star Wars and Indiana jones all the time !!!

16. starwarsjunkie7

starwarsjunkie7 Jedi Padawan

Jul 16, 2011
    Lol, you have no idea...you're never alone in this world, man. My dad and I crank up the radio drama and Shadows of the Empire soundtrack a lot!

17. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    Oh hell yes, back when I used to drive cab and had nothing to do, I'd pop in the radio dramas and they'd take me to that galaxy far, far away....

starwarsjunkie7 likes this.
  18. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    This is a permanent fixture on my iPod

19. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Thank you, DarthRelaxus, for making my day with that post:)...I actually had Meco's ESB music on vinyl back when it came out but had totally forgotten about it! I remember that my friend and I even made up a whole set of dance moves to go with it and would put on "performances" for my mom in our living room (we were 10 at the time)...including a complete "air lightsaber" battle choreographed to match the sound effects in the later part of the track...gotta love those childhood memories!

Ok, to complement the video above, I just have to add this one from Meco's original SW album...I especially enjoy the ridiculous dancing and costumes that don't seem to have anything to do with SW. A classic moment of 1970s TV:

Barriss_Coffee and DarthRelaxus like this.
  20. starwarsjunkie7

starwarsjunkie7 Jedi Padawan

Jul 16, 2011
    My favorite scene is probably the infamous Leia interrogation scene. Still not sure to this day what they did in there...if you know what I mean, haha.

21. katesaber

katesaber Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2013
    I would regularly crank the volume on my John Williams in Concert CDs around town. Listened to plenty of Star Wars, Indiana Jones, ET, Superman, etc. Oddly enough, that's not the weirdest thing I've been caught listening to in my car. Just a few months ago, I was listening to Skrillex's "First of the Year" in my car...very loudly. Just before the beat drops, all the music cuts out and a guy yells, "SOMEBODY CALL 911 NOW!" Well I just happened to be stopped at a light during this part. I was rocking out (translated "going berserk") to the beat when I see a lot of movement on my right side. I looked over and this older japanese man was freaking out thinking that something was wrong with me. I quickly turned the music down and rolled down the window to let him know that it was just the song. He still looked confused but I couldn't wait around because the light turned green. Oh well. By the next street I had the volume turned up again. Anywho...back on topic...the Star Wars score is one of the most normal things I listen to on the road.

Grievousdude likes this.
  22. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    [face_hypnotized]

Meco did Empire as well??? How am I only just hearing about this now?

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  23. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I listen to SW music and some of the parodies all the time.

24. dark_jedi32

dark_jedi32 Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    On my way into work to quit a job I had for one day, "Anakin's Dark Deeds" came on during shuffle and I let it play.

KSkywalker and Firmus Jagdon like this.
  25. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    If I could play Star Wars music in my car I would, unfortunately my car has a lack of CD player or i-pod dock. One day I will listen to it in the car.