Am I the only person who listens to Star Wars music in their car?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by squir1y, Jun 10, 2013.

Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. jedinightwing Force Ghost

star 3
    Seriously. you're on a Star Wars message board. We ALL do this. (and if you don't , try it. nothing like cruising down the highway to the Death Star Assault. Admit it. If you haven't, you know you want to try it).
  2. Sarge Chosen One

star 4
    This can mean only one thing: choreographers dropping acid.

Seriously, how did we survive the 70s?!
  3. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    I'm going to sue you and all of your next of kin for making me watch that.
    Pensivia and Hando like this.
  4. Sarge Chosen One

star 4
    Let's pool our resources and make it a class action law suit. Have your people call my people.

But first, make sure none of them has THAT for a ring tone!
    Pensivia and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  5. Hando Jedi Master

star 2
    Most definitely not the only one.

A blast of "Here they come" and "Asteroid Field" on the way to work or doing the school trip has been advised by my doctor.
    Han Burgundy and jedinightwing like this.
  6. DarthRelaxus Chosen One

star 5
    You took your fate in your own hands when you clicked play.:p
    Pensivia likes this.
  7. Mr. K Moderator Emeritus

star 5
    I have a 6-disc CD changer in the car and I always have at least a couple JW soundtracks loaded. I think right now, it's Led Zeppelin, Blues Brothers, ROTJ, ESB, ST2: TWOK, and Otis Redding. Quite a ride in my car!
  8. Thrawn1786 Force Ghost

star 5
    I used to, when the CD player in my car still worked. It was quite fun to listen to Revenge of the Sith and Shadows of the Empire on long drives to/from college.
    DarthRelaxus and DarthBoba like this.
  9. RainTrooper Jedi Padawan

It sounds like I need to get this Shadows of the Empire soundtrack. Haven't heard it yet. Need new Star Wars music!!
  10. Sarge Chosen One

star 4
    I was disappointed with that one. Don't remember who composed it, but it wasn't John Williams.
  11. RainTrooper Jedi Padawan

I previewed the songs on iTunes last night... Yeah, I'm not so sure about it either. It's definitely NO John Williams! [face_not_talking]
  12. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    SotE is fine if you give the music a chance. It's not JW, but it had some new ideas in it that would never have come into being otherwise.

Anyways, about the car bit, I occasionally listen to SW on road trips/long rides, but only when I need to mix it up with the rest of the playlists I have.
  13. AnakinColodin Force Ghost

star 2
    Did the same thing my last two years of college. I would Blast the ROTS and ROTJ soundtracks the entire time it took me to get from Dover DE(were I went to School) to the Upper part of the Jersey Shore( were I am from) which due to traffic takes two hours.
    Last edited by AnakinColodin, Jul 25, 2013
  14. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    It's better if you're a fan of the book and have played the game from which it comes. Joel McNeely made two clever moves when he orchestrated it, which make it so popular: firstly, he made an incredibly memorable theme for the main villain. Second, if you listen to the track enough you'll hear how he subtly changed or altered the original movies' themes to fit the game, so that they didn't sound like rehashed ESB soundtrack over and over again (Dark Forces I and II, I'm looking at you there :p).

Here's Xizor's theme, probably one of the best in the game:

And here's an example of McNeely working from Williams's score. This one's mostly working with the Imperial March. But dang, those last 20 seconds. Subtle stuff like those last 20 second made it so good.

(But no worries if you don't like the track -- it look me years to actually appreciate it. It's similar but distinctly different than Williams)
    Thrawn1786 and RainTrooper like this.
  15. RainTrooper Jedi Padawan

I’ll give it another chance, for sure! The 1 minute previews just didn’t grab me like I’d hoped. I’m just waiting for an official announcement that sounds something like... “John Williams to score new Star Wars films... Forever. All of them. He signed a contract. Disney owns him...” :D
  16. Sarge Chosen One

star 4
  17. RainTrooper Jedi Padawan

@Sarge ....Music to my ears!!
    Sarge likes this.
  18. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9

He's doing E7 at least.
  19. Wookie27 Jedi Youngling

I jam out to Star Wars in my highschool parking lot after school. everyone gives me funny looks. its awesome
  20. Sandtrooper92 Jedi Master

star 2
    It us in my Rhapsody yeah

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  21. darthfettus2015 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    well me and my 3 yr old son were in the kitchen listening to the Revenge of the Sith soundtrack on the ipod as I hung out the washing the other day whilst he jumped around with an imaginary light sabre (his 'real' ones were upstairs)
  22. Airdave Jedi Jedi Youngling

You're not alone. I'm working may way through the 4-disc OT set right now. Just finished ESB. And I'm only in the car for 5-10 minutes at a time for my commute.
  23. Rogue501st Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    My kids and I often enjoy our Star Wars CD collection on long drives. I have to use cruise control on I-95 or I find myself approaching hyperspace speed!
  24. Mr. K Moderator Emeritus

star 5
    To quote our good friend Kool-Aid Man, OH YEAH!!! I'm doing that on I-84 through the Pacific Northwest tomorrow!
  25. Darth_Nub Saga, Classic Trilogy and Film Music Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Bit off-topic, but the SW radio dramas are brilliant for long car trips, as well. The OT ones are a bit naff, but that sort of adds to the charm.

I'm looking at some very long commutes some time next year, going to tackle the EU radio dramas - Dark Empire, Crimson Empire, Tales of the Jedi. I'm sure they'll be pretty silly, but Billy Dee Williams voiced Lando in Dark Empire, so there's a bit of authenticity.
Moderators: Darth_Nub