main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Am I the only person who listens to Star Wars music in their car?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by squir1y, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Star Wars music while driving is great, but this while driving is perfect:

CT-867-5309

Sarge likes this.
  2. sbk1234

sbk1234 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    Of course, I listen to it all the time. Perfect to relive the movie in my mind. really makes the drive time flow.

If I don't have the soundtrack with me, I often just hum the music from the trench run if I'm driving down a narrow alley. I do have to watch myself, because if I let myself think about the music from Ben's Death and TIE Fighter Attack, I get to be a downright dangerous driver.

3. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    Nope. Here is my favorite "Star Wars music in my car" story. Picture it: rural Canada,1991. It was the tail end of the "dark times" when Star Wars was all but dead in the public's eye, but at the tender and very awkward age of 17 I was still a huge fan. It was definitely NOT cool to be a fan of the Saga then, especially when you were in high school. I had a copy of a Star Wars music compilation casette I had ordered from Columbia House that I liked to listen to on my Alpine casette deck on the way to school in my first car, a 1977 Pontiac Astre (notice the coincidental model year and that "astre" means "star" in French, even though that car was anything but). I would promptly eject that casette and hide it under the car seat when I parked my car so as to be sure no one saw it. Anyways, one day I had forgetten to hide the possibly embarassing casette. So when one of my buddies and I got into my car at noon to go out for lunch, as soon as I started the car the Star Wars main theme came blaring over the speakers. Red faced, I ejected the casette but he said "no no leave that in, you're a fan also???". We had been friends for over 2 years but had kept completely quiet about being HUGE fans. We now look back at it as our Star Wars "coming out of the closet" moment haha. From then on I never denied nor hid how much I loved Star Wars, and I still love to crank Star Wars music in my car.

Apologies for my Golden Girls style story intro.

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker and Sarge like this.
  4. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Am I the only person who listens to Star Wars music in their car?

No

5. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Film music is the only music I listen to in the car (or anywhere else for that matter).

DBPirate likes this.
  6. Lanoree

Lanoree Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2015
    No sir, you are not the only one. Why, just this week I'm listening to The phantom menace soundtrack in my car going to and from work.

7. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    I listened to the Star wars disco song while learning to drive.

8. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I learned I have to be careful doing when I was listening to "Duel of the Fates" and suddenly realized that I had unconsciously accelerated my car to about 20 MPH past the speed limit. Such is the power of music.

heels1785 likes this.
  9. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    I listen to it everywhere. Car, House, when I am taking a walk. When I go on the computer it's playing now.

When I am with certain people and the covo gets stupid or boring I play it in my head.

10. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    Lol! Not only in my car, but also sometimes when I work out. The three tracks rotating on my ipod include "Sabine Suite", TFA trailer song, and the 2nd Rogue One trailer music.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

11. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I don't really listen to music with vocals to be honest. It's always instrumental music from movies, video games, or just classical stuff.

Sarge and Howard Hand like this.
  12. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I do as well.

13. Larsonator

Larsonator Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2016
    I have a "car music" playlist that I always shuffle when I'm driving and it's unintentionally become mostly stuff from movie scores. A lot of it being Star Wars

14. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I do not listen to Star Wars music in the car. But only because I don't have any CDs of Star Wars music.

15. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    My favorite place to listen to Star Wars music is in the barn. My mini horses love "Yub Nub".

Howard Hand likes this.
  16. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    You're never the only one.

17. Darth-Football

Darth-Football Jedi Master

Apr 21, 2002
    I accidentally discovered how much fun driving to the SW soundtrack can be, while listening to the Battle of Yavin theme and driving through a long construction site narrowly lined with Jersey walls. Felt like I was flying down the trench. Now I'll sometimes play it when my 8-year-old and his little buddies are riding in the car with me. We'll pretend we're under attack, and chatter back and forth like we're in the Falcon to turn the ride into an adventure.

Larsonator likes this.
  18. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I listen in my car to whatever I am focused on at a given time. So when I am listening to Star Wars a lot, I listen to it in my car as well. Have for decades.