main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Amanda Knox is Fluent in Italian

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabbadabbado, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Let's be honest, this probably would not have happened for her if she had not been wrongly convicted for a brutal rape murder. A semester abroad can be a notoriously poor way to become fluent in a foreign language. One of the best ways to ensure you get the most of a foreign exchange program is to find a lover who can improve your language skills. Another of course is to spend four years in prison among people who are unlikely to be fluent in English.

Amanda did both, and the results I think were obvious in her final statement to the court.

2. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    That's a spicy meatball!

Am I doin it rite?

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Too bad Americans only care enough about a pretty white woman wrongly convicted in a foreign country rather than a black man wrongly convicted and executed in the state of Georgia. [face_flag]

4. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    She's very pretty. I can't be angry with her. I don't care what she did. I would have waited 26 years for her and invited her into my home. Even in her late forties, Amanda will still be beautiful, at least relative to me 26 years from now. I feel like her acquittal really diminished my chances with her.

5. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Hmmm, she is kinda hot and she should be moving back to the NW soon.[face_whistling]

6. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    She and I have a lot in common too. Another exchange student died a horrible death on my year abroad too, although it wasn't anyone's fault but his own. He was very drunk and stepped out in front of a train. Drinking is also I think helpful in learning a foreign language, but in moderation. There's a trick to being just drunk enough to feel like you're fluent in the language without crossing the line into incoherence.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The worst thing is that the media are so obsessed with focusing on Knox that this whole thing has become about her rather than Meredith Kercher who was the victim.

8. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Dunno who this is, but I'm guessing some white media darling.

9. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    Tbh it's pathetical.
    Who cares if Knox is pretty, so was Meredith.
    Very sad.
    My cousins all go/went to the same school (Old Palace) as her, local girl. It hard to imagine what her family has been through.

Knox may or may not have murdered her, but I think its highly likely she was involved in some way.
    The most laughable thing is, the only person still in prison is the token black guy. GG white media...

10. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    You know what would have sucked? If she had been executed and Italy hadn't given her rights under the Vienna Convention.

11. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Hayden Panettiere should probably go to jail for 26 years for such a cruel, tasteless portrayal of Knox in that made for tv movie. I have news for you Hayden: Knox is better looking than you are even without makeup and even with the deterioration to her health from lack of exercise and the poor nutritional content of prison food.

12. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Cancelled out by the fact that the same day, the racist who chained and dragged James Byrd to death behind his pickup was also summarily executed.

Negative plus Positive equals Neutral. :D

All she had to do was appeal to their hearts.

Or maybe their genitals.

Honestly, nothing in this world surprises me anymore.

13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    OF COURSE, it's basic math!

14. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008

AND....Always look on the briiiight side of death. *whistle*

15. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Despite the fact that James Byrd's son, Ross Byrd, actively opposed the death penalty and did not want the men who murdered his father to be executed.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    oops, I guess that means the jury's still out on the cold, inhuman practice of treating people like numbers. darn.

17. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Knox will come out of this a multimillionaire. Book rights, interviews, paid speaking engagements, or even a reality tv show. Maybe a seat on The View? The sky's the limit.

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    She was held guilty for slander which holds a maximum sentence of 12 years.

1. Slander = 12 years? wtf

2. I bet it is dropped as they would rather this went away.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  19. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Her sentence for the slander was 3 years, and I believe it's considered time served since they said that she was to be released immediately. But yeah, 12 years for slander is a pretty insane sentence. The most/only interesting thing about this case for me has been discovering how ****ing terrifying the Italian legal system is.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It's all crazy there, probably mafia controlled too :p

21. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    I got pulled over once in Italy for failing to turn on my headlights in a tunnel. Luckily the Italian police officer only wanted a bribe.

22. alt0233

alt0233 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 4, 2002
    QFT

23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    One day I hope to visit Florence and Venice. If I do I shall tread carefully. I do relize that me walking down the street and into museums and drowining in culture is a far shot from a murder suspect and most liely I have nothing to worry about. But I have been first hand witness to two incidents in foreign lands where:

1. I had to pay a bribe to a cop in order for my shipmate to not be taken away for nothing more than haggling.

2. One guy was sitting with friends when a native struck him just for being there and because he chased him for 30 feet he was arrested.

ugh. I don't like to sit back and act like the U.S. is The Ultimate, but sheesh, one must watch their steps and cross their T's when in a foreign land.

24. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    Yeah god forbid if someone who helped kill someone get arrested in a foreign land !

25. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    Book deal coming...rich chick...latch on and live the good life!