main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Amanda Lawrence (Commander D’acy) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ender_and_Bean, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Figure she deserves some discussion. Obviously only a few scenes but she was moving in each of them. I especially liked her update to the crew when the leadership was nearly wiped out.

[​IMG]

I also liked her delivery of “Let’s not make a scene on the bridge” and Poe’s “No, let’s.”

2. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Thanks for giving her this thread! I liked her character. And she survived to the end. A very capable commander who helped Leia and Holdo.

Another action figure I need. Give me Holdo and D'acy.

3. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    FYI: At the end of the film D’Acy also states that she has a contact in the Outter Rim. So, beyond the allies that they contacted there from Crait in the Outter Rim D’acy herself also knows at least one contact personally herself.

vncredleader, TK327 and MarcJordan like this.
  4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Thank you for including her photo (so at least I know who she is). I liked her for the reasons you said.

MarcJordan likes this.
  5. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    Lawrence was excellent in this role and I hope her character appears in IX, perhaps in a leadership role after Holdo's sacrifice. In fact, I'd like to see her continuing with a mix of Holdo and Leia's styles.

6. thehighground

thehighground Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 7, 2016
    Same here, she has such memorable features and delivered a great performance, hope to see more of her in IX !

7. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    One Commander talking to a demoted one. :D
    MJ

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  8. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
  9. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    All these commanders just reduce what's important--admiral Ackbar screen time.

10. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I loved almost all the new characters of TLJ, minor to major.

She really captivated me. She felt like the kind of "real" Rebel commander from the OT.

Good grief I love the Resistance plot in TLJ!

11. exciter1

exciter1 Jedi Master

Jul 26, 2004
    Her character was almost as distracting to me as the space cow milk scene. Her delivery and presence totally throws me off.

12. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    I suspect she’s going to take on a huge role in IX and that the contact she’s speaking of on the Falcon that they are headed to is her military father who was critical of the decisions related to disarmament.

Without Leia or Holdo in IX I see D’acy becoming the senior leader and diplomat among the survivors and that she will be a bridge builder almost like Mon Mothma. She’s a theatrical actress and I like her voice. I think she’ll do great.

13. Lost_Hope

Lost_Hope Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 15, 2018
    Really liked her character and hope we will see her in IX!

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    As long as there are no shortage of extreme closeups of the bridge of her nose, count me in...

15. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    And with her accent, she adds that "Core World" connection. I really liked her in TLJ. Hope to see much more of her in IX as part of the leadership circle.

SensationalSean likes this.
  16. dingleborder

dingleborder Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2019
    Has anyone heard any word of her involvement in the film? Would love to see her back.

17. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    I really liked this character too. Just a cool, calm & capable officer type, "generic" but in a good way, just someone who sort of flies under the radar and gets no glory but keeps the machine running.

I haven't seen anything about her returning either, but I'd hope she does. A nice throughline between TLJ & tRoS (it's not like Abrams is distancing himself from it anyway, that's the usual fanboy myth/hysteria), have returning characters from both, Wexley & D'acy alike. A bigger role for Connix wouldn't go astray either, especially with Carrie gone I think it'd be nice to have Connix sort of step up with a promotion, a new brass/commander type.

That being said, I'm sort of blanking on whether D'acy even survived the shuttle stuff. Was she even on Crait at the end? *Shrugs*

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  18. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    I can guarantee she was in the Falcon :)

19. dingleborder

Apr 14, 2019
    It already sounds like Connix's role will be as big as, if not bigger than TLJ, considering JJ said "scenes" in reference to writing her in with her mom.

20. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, for sure. Hope that's the case.

21. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    She was on the MF.

22. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    She will take over the special mission from Snap Wexley and will not be in the movie at all.

23. dingleborder

Apr 14, 2019
    Has anyone seen/heard anything more on her? Still hoping she pops back up.

24. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
  25. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]

d'Acy - aka Darth Acy