main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amarillo Fan film shooting this Spring/Summer

Discussion in 'Archive: Lubbock, TX' started by beafet, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beafet

beafet Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2001
    Hi my name is beafet. I live in Amarillo. I am planning on shooting my fanfilm "The Enemy Within" this spring and summer.
    I am looking for all kinds of help, mostly actors/actresses though. Just as a brief synopsis, this movie is a about an adolescent Jedi Padawan learning to deal with the death of his father/Jedi Master. It is set about 900 years before A New Hope.
    I have a Script written, and was just curious as to what kind of support I could get from Lubbock...

[face_plain]

2. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    I'd be happy to act in any role! I can't offer any prop, costume, or technical help, but I wouldn't mind reading the script and making some directorial and/or editorial comments if you so desire. Just so you know, I've never acted on stage officially, but my wife is has her bachelors in Theatre Arts and is persuing her masters right now and I've run tons of lines and helped her with getting ready for many performances. Who knows, maybe we could even use her connections to find costume designers at Texas Tech who would be willing to lend their needles and sew to the effort. Anyway, let me know.

3. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Count me in, too.

I'm in the 501st, so can definitely help with props and costumes. I have some custom lightsaber props built and a ton of parts and widgets for more.

Also, I run a movie theater and have a general knowledge of the film industry if that helps. I am working on a film of my own right now, a documentary, so I can help with the shoot and sound. I have a good source for renting/buying good sound & stage equipment here in Lubbock, and a couple friends who know sound production real well.

In addition, a good friend of mine works for the state parks department and I'm sure can secure permission for you to film in Palo Duro or any other north Texas state park.

Keep us posted here or you can email me at bullseyetie<at>yahoo.com, and good luck!

4. dinochick

dinochick Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    I might be able to help after March. Just keep us updated on your plans [:D] Good luck!

5. beafet

Mar 12, 2001
    Awesome ya'll. My biggest needs are, in fact, besides actors, costumes, and sound. I've done some location scouting and found some great places in Palo Duro Canyon. I've entered the lighsaber choreography contest over in the fan films forum. I can't tell you which one it is unfortunately, but you all should go check it out. And I don't plan to start shooting until May at the earliest. I reformated my hard drive and forgot to back up my script. I do have a copy printed out, but I haven't had the time lately to type it back on my compter, with work and all. Also I'm currently editing my wedding video. But my movie is next! I am excited by the amount of interest shown from Lubbock...

beafet

[face_plain]

6. beafet

Mar 12, 2001
    Ok, I scanned my script today. Now I just need to touch it up a bit, and then if anyones interested, I can have a couple people read it and give me some feedback.

[face_plain]

7. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    I'd love to see it! You can email me at ryan.scheckel@ttu.edu

8. beafet

Mar 12, 2001
    will do.

[face_plain]

9. --Darth-Snow-Storm--

--Darth-Snow-Storm-- Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2004
    If you are interested I am a graphic artist and if you like some promotion on your film like poster e-mail some ideas on what you would like it to look like and any other things like a logo for you or the film. While you at that send a copy of your script to me and I can see what I can come up with for your film.

E-mail= black_sub@hotmail.com

Snow

10. beafet

Mar 12, 2001
    That sounds cool. Do you have any samples of your work online?

[face_plain]

11. --Darth-Snow-Storm--

--Darth-Snow-Storm-- Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2004
    Here is a website that I have design and my portfolio is on there for you to look at.

http://spc.cc.tx.us/decom/soph04/ramirez/snowh.html
    I could if you like i can take some picures as your taping to show the parts of your film. I do it for free that is if you pay for the film and for them to be devolop. I have a digital camera as well but there times when it dosent want to work right.

Snow

12. beafet

Mar 12, 2001
    Finally, most of my script is up.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=18856426

post any thoughts there or here, wherever.

Thanks

[face_plain]

13. auroranightsky

auroranightsky Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2004
    I'd like to be able to help. It's probably have to be with teh acting or really just carrying stuff around.;)

I've been in a few plays for school.

14. TonyGoodwin

TonyGoodwin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2005
    It appears that life has made this impossible to shoot in the time frame I wanted to. I made a simple film for a contest over at NP2K.com and I thought my wife was going to leave me because of the time I sepnt working on it. This is most unfortunate. Between that film, my sister's wedding, work, and having no actors; this will be a next-to-impossible film to shoot this summer. I am extremely saddened by this, as I have been working on the script since December 2001. I will not let it die though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.