main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AMATEUR MOVIE PORTAL - Back Online

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by PadawanNick, Sep 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    THE AMATEUR MOVIE PORTAL is back online.

Some of you have already caught my early posts about this, (deliberately burried in other threads), but now that the server move is finished and everything is back online, here's the "official" announcement.

Feel free to stop in at the Amateur Movie Portal (or if you don't like the colors try this link) for a searchable index of internet resources related to amateur movie making.

There's not a whole lot there right now.
    Just a little over 100 links so far, but more will be added every day.

Hope you like it. Feel free to post here, PM me, or just send an email if you have any ideas, suggestions or other feedback on the site.

Have fun!

2. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    AIEE! Please, fix the color scheme! That dark text on red is VERY hard to read, and the green and red clash to high heaven....

Seriously... it gave me a headache just looking at it...

Fenn

3. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Are you getting those colors on with the default link Fenn? I'm not seeing that combination using the default or skin_number 2 in the links above.

Skin 1 uses red in the header, but I never use that one myself. 3 is pretty busy also. I'll see what I can do to clean those up.

Should be coming up with mostly blues and grays.

Did you try the secondary link?

That should look cleaner. Please let me know if that works better, and I'll edit my main link above before time expires.

Thanks.

Have fun.

4. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    When I tried the second link earlier, I got the red/green nightmare... looks normal now...

The second one is a LOT better, IMHO... :D

Fenn

5. mpfjr

mpfjr Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    looking good!

I need to start writing some 3ds max tutorials for your site. Maybe I'll get around to it tonight.

6. BrentK7

BrentK7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    dont know if you want to but you can link to any of my tutorials on my site (in my signature) i have some AE, Premiere, and 3DsMax tutorials in there.

If you do please don't just copy my stuff over to your site just link to mine 'cause i like to keep statistics on my site. thx

7. Saintstoryteller

Saintstoryteller Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 6, 2000
    Wow, what a great site. If you spend enough time looking, you can find just about anything you need at one of these links.

Good job Padawan.

Saint

8. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Thanks Saint!

The main idea is to provide a search engine for tutorials and other movie making information. This has kinda been my secret weapon for providing quick answers around here when various questions turn up.

If there is something that you discover takes a while to find or doesn't seem to be in there at all, please let me know. It means I either need to add more information to the search fields or find more resources.

Thanks again.

Have fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.