main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amazing August

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Marold, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    At the activity this month we came up with some pretty cool ideas for upcoming events. So I just need to check with someone to see about somestuff and the August activity will be planned. :D

2. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    So now that it's August what weekends work best for everyone? I'll be out of town on the 11-12 so that one is out for me and this weekend is my mothers birthday. I know she loves people but I don't think she wants all of us at my house for her birthday.

So how about everyone else?

3. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    As far as I know, I'm free each weekend. That could change though, this being the first of the month and all.

4. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    I'm not doing anything the 19th... that I know of.

5. JADES_FIRE

JADES_FIRE Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I'm free the last weekend of August :) I'm forgeting something...... Oh yeh, I live in Australia :oops:

Not a problem is it? ;)

Actually I haven't been around the boards for about 18 months, and only a few times in the last 4 months. [face_blush]

So I mainly dropped in to say hello to Marold [:D]

The last time I caught up with you was in the StarGals thread, where I believe you said you were coming to Australia for a massage :D I'm still waiting for you to arrive =P~ ;)

Hope all has been well and life's good. :cool: I'll be lurking and keeping an eye on you. ;) Catch you later @};-

6. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    soooo... anyway, how are the plans coming along?

7. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I so want a massage.

As for plans, um... yeah family is gonna be out of town on the weekend of the 19. Don't know if I have a projector yet.

Okay here's what I would like to do for this month is an outside viewing of the fanfilms people were suggesting a few months back. It's been really nice in the evenings so why not enjoy it outside while watching movies?

I'm hoping the person with the projector agrees to it, if not I'll have to find another one. So start finding your fanfilms and list them here.

What I have at my house are:
    Hardware Wars
    Thumb Wars
    Season 1 of Clone Wars

8. weemansith

weemansith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    If the projector thing doesn't follow through, I may be able to borrow my dad's. He also has a 12'x9' screen. No guarantees, just thought I'd throw that out there.:D

9. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Thank you for letting me know. The screen isn't a big deal really.

so would anyone object to the last weekend of the month doing this?

10. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    That works for me.

There aren't any garrison events the 19th or the 26th so they can come if they want. I'm not sure if any garrison members still check in on us from time to time but if they do, they should come too. You know what they say, the more the merrier. :D

11. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Still waiting on the projector.

12. SovereignKnight

SovereignKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    I guess I should chip in here. I'm the owner of said projector, and I've been a horrible person by not getting back to Mary sooner. Um... so I'm in Los Angeles now until the 1st of September, so I won't be able to join you for an outing this month. Sorry, but let me check something and get back to you. There still MAY be a chance you can borrow my projector, but I need to see if ondiv would be able to go. I'll get back to you soon...

13. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    It's alright I've got one lined up that I was waiting on.

So this is a go for this weekend at my house. If you need the address please PM me. For those of you that know where I live, come around the back through the arch on the North side of the house.

Let's shoot for 7 and we can start viewing the fanfilms at 8 ish.

So far the fanfilms that I have are:
    Hardware Wars
    Thumbwars
    Clone Wars Season 1 (if someone has season 2 please bring it)
    and Episode II

So who is planning on attending?

14. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    Whoa, you're gonna watch Episode II again? Is the sky falling?

Not sure if I can make it, but I will if I can.

Can you PM your address again?

15. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Oh yeah, bring some snacks or something to share with others. I'll supply cups and I'm thinking of making homemade root beer. sorry, having a root beer craving like no other.

16. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    I can bring a big bag of popcorn.

I can also bring Troops and some other Star Wars shows.

17. YodaSmeagol

YodaSmeagol Jedi Master star 1

Mar 22, 2005
    I really would absolutely LOVE to come to this activity. Fan films are the best. I love, and I mean, LOVE them.

Unfortunately, I have a bunch of family reunion activities this weekend. Sounds like you guys will have fun. It's really a shame I can't go. I have dozens of fan films on my hard drive and I would burn some of the great ones on a disc and bring 'em. I still hope to attend events in the future.

Have fun!

18. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    This isn't a one time thing, we can always do it another time as well. I'm excited for it.

19. SovereignKnight

Dec 17, 2001
    I wish I could get Pitching Lucas to you guys. It won both awards this year in San Diego, and I'm proud to have worked on it. Alas, I am stuck here in LA. Maybe in a couple more months...

20. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    If you are planning on bringing a fanfilm please let me know if it's DVD format or if it's VHS so I know which player to hook up.

21. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    I'll try & make it (if work isn't too crazy). If I come I can bring "The Skywalkers" which is on VHS, if anyone hasn't seen it already.

22. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    Mine are all dvds except for George Lucas in Love, which is vhs.

23. YodaSmeagol

YodaSmeagol Jedi Master star 1

Mar 22, 2005
    I have some good news. Well, actually, it's GREAT news!

I talked to my parents and found out that there's nothing going on with the family Saturday night and that I should be able to go! Fetch, yes. Oh, man. It's gonna rock!

I'll definately bring a DVD (or 2 maybe) with great fanfilms on them. I wish I could bring Pitching Lucas (great film), just in honor of SovereignKnight (you got to work on it? Awesome!), but I don't have it on my computer. Oh, well. Or maybe if you guys want, I could bring some of the films that I have made. You'd probably like them. If you're into cool special effects and creative humor. Star Wars themed, of course.

24. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    You should bring them all. I suggest that we start early because we may or may not have a few hours worth of videos to watch all together.

However, anyone can show up whenever they can and leave whenever they want... they'll just be missing out on some great fanfilms if they aren't there for the whole thing. So even if you can only show up for an hour, you should still make an appearance to show your love of Star Wars and to let us know you're still out there.

25. SovereignKnight

Dec 17, 2001
    Man, I really wish I could come. Sounds like it's gonna be a good time. Grrr...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.