main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amazon.com

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by MysticTrunks01, Aug 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Okay, as it turns out they have all the books of the NJO up to Rebel Dream on tape. But this being OK the only place i'm ever gonna get them is online and Amazon.com has them. I've stayed away from Amazon till not, so has anyone else used it and is it pretty reliable?

2. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I've never had a problem with them.

3. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    How about that "Buy it used" option? That's like an E-Bay thing isnt it? individuals that have it for half the price kinda thing.

4. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I've never done that either, but I've used eBay plenty and haven't had any negative experiences yet. So, if Amazon's standards are comparable, I'd say go for it.

5. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Sweeeet, i'll have to order some then and let you all know how they are (i have the books, but tapes are a good way to refresh the memory)

6. tx1573

tx1573 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2002
    I have used them for books, toys, and video games and I have not had a bit of a problem. I picked up my Star Wars Chronicles book from them, and I got it for 53.00 in Near mint Condition. The only thing I would say is that Buy it used option you are not dealing with a store or Amazon it is much like Ebay. Hope that helps your decision

7. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    I too have used them a lot. The last two Christmas', I did most of my shopping through them. Yes, I am a woman who HATES to shop. (I can feel the souls of countless women rising up and beating me to a bloody pulp. :) ) Any way, if you give them plenty of time, try to catch it when they give you free shipping/handling, it is a really good deal. Of course, don't have them store you credit card number or any personal info. I don't care how safe they claim to be, someone will always get the upper hand.

8. ExeterIsLame

ExeterIsLame Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    I've purchased things off Amazon through both the store itself (new) or thier network of vendors (used) and had good results. Anything I've bought from the store itself I've gotten same week, and from the used vendors within two weeks. But I am sure results on the used vendors will vary since it is just like ebay. Only online auction type place I have had bad results with is Yahoo. They DO NOT regulate thier auctions at all, so buyer beware. If you cant afford to lose the cash you are about to spend then dont bid. On a side note though since they arent regulated you can get alot of "backup" VCDs of 80's cartoons as such. Got my series run of Robotech, Trigun, Outlaw Star, and Cowboy BeBop that way. There are folks out there that sell the entire run of the Simpsons even on VCDs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.