main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amazon exclusive "Vintage" vehicles up for pre-order

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Juke Skywalker, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Slave I - $99.99 (I knew it :mad:!)

TIE Interceptor - $49.99

Rebelscum.com story

I really wanted that Slave I, but there was no way I was going to pay more than $60.00 for it. Certainly not $100. $50.00 is reasonable for the Interceptor. Particularly since it's an exclusive.

2. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I was very interested by the slave I but at this price NO THANKS ! I will wait for a good seller to put it on Ebay at a good price.

3. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, a big 'ol [face_phbbbbt] is the reaction I'm getting from my friends as well. I'm not sure what kind of numbers it was produced in, but even though this price makes it seem like it'll be a tough sell, I still don't think it's coming down any time soon.

I could be wrong, and six months from now Amazon may be stuck with a bunch of them and drop the price. That's the only way I'm getting one I know that.

4. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    And us poor UK buyers will effectively pay £99 which converts back to $149.

Yes we see the desk, drop our draws and bend over all obliging like. ;)

Or not, lol.

5. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
  6. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I didn't end up ordering it, but I've been reading the horror stories about Amazon's shipping on this one.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I saw those. The follow-up on Rebelscum implies Amazon have mended their ways now.

8. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, I just saw that. Hopefully its a lesson they don't have to learn again. My Sister-in-law's younger Sister works at Amazon. I can't wait to give her a little grief over this :p.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    According to Rebelscum, the Slave I situation is getting worse.

According to Rebelscum reader Will Melay, a number of Slave I vehicles are arriving with several missing parts, and Amazon customer service is calling the issue widespread. Whats worse is the Slave I is now showing as currently unavailable on Amazon.com and refunds are being offered in lieu of exchanges.

You can see the full story at the link. Apparently the missing parts come in a baggie in the box and the baggie is what is missing.

Language Note - the comments section is getting whacked by trolls so I'm issuing a language warning just in case. The article itself is fine.

10. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Looks like we spoke too soon! Oh, brother. This is turning into a giant disaster :oops:

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It's at least the second time a Slave I has had issues. Back in 2004 there was an OTC Slave I that came with the 300th Boba Fett figure inside. When mine came the Fett figure was missing his pistol, jetpack and missile. However, I contacted Hasbro's UK customer service and they sent me the missing items. I opened just enough of the Slave I box to put the jetpack and pistol on Boba. Pics of this version are here on Rebelscum. I think I got mine from r2dtoys here in the UK. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Amazon UK.

12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    That atually fetches about twice or more of its original retail on eBay these days.

I've never had to deal with Hasbro directly like that, but I read somewhere a while back where a collector recently opened something that they had bought back in 2009 and there was something wrong with it (A problem I believe that Hasbro had corrected in later shippments of it) and they contacted Hasbro customer service, who apparently went above and beyond. I know mistakes happen, so all I ask is for any business to try to make it right within reason.

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Funny thing is that I managed to get the parts that were missing from Hasbro UK. Quite a few of the US folks who tried weren't able to. So I may have one of the only complete versions (unless other people cannabilized their 300th Fetts to complete the included figure).

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Here's a pic of Boba (now complete) inside the Slave I package:

slaveI2.jpg

15. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Nice! I bet that was a delicate procedure.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It wasn't that hard, actually. There was a taped part of the box right near the figure. I was able to slice through the tape without damaging the box and used tweezers to get the pistol in. Jetpack was a bit harder but I managed to do it without damaging things. (Of course if I ever put the item on eBay I'd have to explain that it was opened to put the missing items on Boba).

And yet another Rebelscum update on the Amazon Slave I. There's a note at the end: Finally, a tip for the bargain hunters. Amazon frequently lists refurbished and damaged boxed items, that are otherwise in working order, at discounted prices in its Amazon Warehouse listings. While there was no guarantee that the exchanged Slave I's would end up in the listings, it's worth keeping an eye on.. So if you don't mind a damaged box, it might be worth checking the Warehouse.

17. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Sounds a bit like playing that old game Operation! :p

Excellent info, thank you for sharing. I do love the box, but the fact that it's a TESB-era repaint of that larger mold would make it desirable even with a damaged box. If they knocked it down to, say, $49.99? I might have to pick it up.