main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Ambush at Corellia," by Roger Macbride Allen [Bantam, 1995]

Discussion in 'Archive: Literature Review Forum' started by Errant_Venture, Jan 25, 2004.

?

"Ambush at Corellia," by Roger Macbride Allen [Bantam, 1995]

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. 10 (Excellent)

19.2%
  2. 9

15.4%
  3. 8

19.2%
  4. 7

19.2%
  5. 6 (Average)

3.8%
  6. 5 (Average)

3.8%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

3.8%
  10. 1 (Poor)

15.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
  2. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Ambush at Corellia by Roger Macbride Allen

[image=http://www.theforce.net/books/images/c_allen1.jpg]

Synoposis

A trade summit on Corellia brings Han Solo back to the home planet he left many years before. Arriving on the distant planet with Leia, their children, and Chewbacca, Han finds Corellia overrun with agents of the New Republic Intelligence and finds himself part of a deceptive plan whose aim not even he understands. One thing is clear: the five inhabited worlds of the sector are on the brink of civil war and the once peaceful co-existence of the three leading species -- human, Selonian, and Drallan -- has come to an end.

Suddenly all that Han, Leia, and others of the Alliance have fought for is threatened. As jammerships block all communication with Luke Skywalker and the outside universe, Han and Leia find themselves trapped on a world about to explode in violence unless they can meet a fanatical rebel leader's impossible demands...

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I give it an 8. I really like the premise of the book, and the only thing keeping me from giving it a higher rating is that Allen often used long-winded explanations. He had paragraphs going on for pages it seemed.

4. GeithJiseo

GeithJiseo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2003
    8/10.

The best book of the Corellian Trilogy. It was nice to see Han's homeworld. I enjoyed the subplot where Lando tries to find a wife, the climax was kick-ass, and Thrackan Sal-Solo made for an enjoyable villain. I also liked seeing X-TIE fighters; pretty interesting concept.

5. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
  6. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I only got 30 pages into the book. It was horrible. I'd rather put a spike through my head than read this again. 1 out of 10.

wolf

7. WWE_jedi

WWE_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    5 years ago i picked this book up in a book store not knowing about the seires or the other. I think i just got lucky. this book was pretty good. I like the whole begining. i havent read it since then i just remeber the movement and drall.i keep getting the series books mixed up.

memories gone even though i am only 13.

8. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    This was the first Star Wars book I ever read. It is set long after the OT and there were a lot of new characters etc. I just loved the idea of everyone moving and growing up, having kids and everything else. It really seemed to catch the feel of the OT too.
    I give the book a 9

9. Dillon_23

Dillon_23 Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2004
    It was a great book.Like some people have said though he took a little long to explain things.It was also great to get a feel of what Han's Homeworld was like.

I give it a 10/10

10. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.