main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL AMC 30 South Barrington OPENING NIGHT

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Fisting_Furbies, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    You know, as cool as it may be to see ROTS digitally, I think that what you want to shoot for on opening night is the theater with the best atmosphere.

I know that sounds weird, but what I mean is you will undoubtedly have far more fun at AMC 30 South Barrington or at the AMC 21 downtown than you will at some other theater. Why? Because those two theaters are where the fans will be at in Chicagoland.

You can see ROTS digitally anytime. You can only see it at midnight with hundreds of crazed Star Wars fans once.

If you have to choose between seeing it digitally and seeing it with a crowd of fans, go with the fans. :D

2. jps78

jps78 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    I agree with you Sith midnight show yu have to see with the diehards it maked the experience so much better i do have some updated info about the kodak projecter an ad in todays daily hearld time out section(great star wars article in it by the way) does confirm elk grove theater will be showing sith on there kodak projecter

3. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    I too, agree with Sithman,

You must see this with as many fanatical fans,
    as possible.

or

Once I saw a film that was not of great
    interest to me, but I had a chance to see the
    midnight showing.............with fans,

even tho the movie was weak, the fans were GREAT.

Ed

ps, of course there was no line to stand in,
    it wasn't STAR WARS

4. Fisting_Furbies

Fisting_Furbies Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2005
    Man there's only 5 days until we are all standing in line.....its all happening so fast, Wed is almost here and I have so much still to do. I have class in the city until 5 so that means I can take the earliest 5:30pm train to get back up here at 6:30 which means I can't get there until like 6:45-7ish.....not nearly early enough. If you guys standing in line early look to northwest and see a crazed Plo Koon driving across the lawn with his lightsaber swinging out the window.....you'll know I'm there lol

Bringing the game eh? I bought that the day it came out, but its so spoilered filled I just couldn't bring myself to play it. As soon as it started playing the opening scroll I felt guilty and had to shut it off....I mean reading spoilers is one thing, but actually seeing footage is another. For those of you who have played it, is the dueling similar to X-box's Obi-Wan or better? There better be an unlockable Plo Koon character.....

5. Lando36

Lando36 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 1999
    I'll also be coming sometime in the afternoon, without costume.

JPS78 , that is sweet about the dvd projector and the x-box. I'd love to get into some EPIII dueling action, if that's okay. I've also been holding off on renting or buying the game to remain spolier free, so it's a good thing the dueling doesn't contain any spoilers. :D

I cannot wait, I can hardly believe we are so close!

6. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "I can't get there until like 6:45-7ish."

Hey, when I got there at 7PM for AOTC, me and my 8 friends got great seats. So if you are coming by yourself, you should easily be able to find yourself a awesome seat. :D

"I've also been holding off on renting or buying the game to remain spolier free, so it's a good thing the dueling doesn't contain any spoilers."

Well, if you don't know who is duelling who in ROTS, then there will be spoilers aplenty. I, for one, have no idea who fights who in ROTS and will not be watching you guys play the game for one single second. :p

7. Lando36

Sep 14, 1999
    Hmm... That's a valid point. Does anyone know if on the character selection screen, characters that aren't already well known and considered spoiler-free are available?

8. jps78

jps78 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    well thinking about it guys there migh be a minor minor spolier in the game for duelling what i will tell you is that there are 9 characters to choose from out of 9, 6 are in Sith now 5 of them are pretty well know 1 of them isnt though its not a major character infact in the game this person is a major role in the movie though this character is only seen for like 30 seconds and also possiblly maybe some of the places where you fight might be spoliers i dont know how much you guys know about the movie but in the grand sceme of things i dont see them as spolierish but i will leave that up for you guys i must say though awesome that you guys have stayed spoiler free i wanted to so bad but i caved o well if you guys do choose to come over and hang out play your of course welcome

9. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Bottomline: if you're spoiler-free, why risk getting spoiled a mere couple of hours before you finally get to see the movie by playing silly video game?

Just wait a few hours and watch the flipping movie. Isn't that what you've waited these last few years to see?

<---- Tired, spoiler-free fanatic who, after six years, will finally not have to worry about hearing spoilers around every corner of the internet. My apologies for the rant.

10. shwanzi

shwanzi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    I'm seeing RotS at the AMC in Barrington opening night at 8pm. Maybe I'll see some of you there.

11. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    As in, Thursday night (after the midnight showing on Thursday morning)? I may return to see it again that night after the midnight showing.

I hear the opening night showings have pretty good audiences, but I don't know as I have only been to the midnight openings.

12. shwanzi

shwanzi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    Yup. Thursday night. I'll be wearing my Celebration 3 shirt.

I would go to a midnight showing, but I have bad luck with them. You want me to explain that??? OK.

Everytime I see a midnight showing of a movie ('Lord of the Rings', 'Dawn of the Dead', 'Matrix Reloaded') I can never stay awake. For some reason my body shuts down around 12:30am if I'm in a movie theater. The only time I was able to stay awake was a midnight showing of 'Mortal Kombat' back in '95 (I was working nights at that time so I was used to it).

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see Episode III so I decided just to see it at an evening show so I can enjoy it all the way through.

I've been to opening day showings for all three prequels and all the original films and I've had great experiences at them all. LOL. I'm remembering when I saw Episode II at Barrington the Thursday it opened and there was a big family of African Americans sitting next to my group of friends. When Yoda went into his lightsaber siezure scene the middle child stood up and began screaming "That's my boy! Yoda my n***a!". I laughed so hard I spilled my drink all over the floor.

I hope to see some of you there and get to experience the final SW film with Chicago Force!

13. Johnnyboiwalker

Johnnyboiwalker Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    Hey ya'll, This is my first and presumably last opening night for a Star Wars film. *Tear* I got my tickets as soon as they were available, im picking my tix up tuesday, I hope to see that Plo Koon outfit. Ill be there with 2 other guys who arent diehards but we will be crackin jokes all nite. I guarantee you you will be able to see me since i have STRIKING resemblance to Bobby Hill from King of the Hill! especially the hair.
    Do any of you suggest a time thats best to get there, if i get shotty seats im gonna flip. im thinking around 8 or 9pm.
    By the way, i work at a pizza place, If any diehards out there want some pizza reply ASAP and ill get ya some, it would be better than POPCORN POO-DOO especially at midnight.

14. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "Ill be there with 2 other guys who arent diehards but we will be crackin jokes all nite."

Not during the movie, I assume? That would really piss me and just about everyone else in the the theater off.

As far as arrival time, I'm getting there around 5PM, and most people seem to be getting there around 6PM-8PM.

9PM is pretty late.

15. jps78

jps78 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    hey johnny what pizza place do you work for i might be intrested

16. Lando36

Sep 14, 1999
    I don't want to risk getting spoiled so I won't be stopping by to play Ep III after all. But JPS78, I'll probably stop by at some point in case you guys are watching the movies or using the xbox for something else. :)

Sithman, I'll be there around 4 or 5 too so I'll keep an eye out for you. My younger bro is gonna be joining me around 9 or so I think.

By the way, the line will be forming up outside the theaters until it gets closer to midnight, correct?

17. Fisting_Furbies

Fisting_Furbies Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2005
    Good question, because I know for the Matrix Opening nights, the lines where in that space between the ticket booth and the actual theatre. You know the place with all the benches, they had us line up there until they let us get in line in front of the theatre...man those were good times, too bad the movies were a let down. ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT!

18. Johnnyboiwalker

Johnnyboiwalker Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    "Ill be there with 2 other guys who arent diehards but we will be crackin jokes all nite."

No, No not during the movie......thats like sacreligious.....

Just alot of "Star Wars" like speech, Livin' each other up a bit. They dont really understand dressin' up and such for these things because they view them pretty much only as movies and nothing more. But we give props and respect to anyone who has the guts to put their hearts on their sleeves.

And yea i work for Rosati's pizza, thin crust, double dough, pan and even chicago style.....

19. jps78

jps78 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    hey guys i just got off the phone with managment and they told me that as of right know the line will be outside and unlike AOTC when there was a seprate line for each theater the line for Sith will be one long line and when they let us in they will tear tickets and and seprate us into are own theaters i do not know though where exactly the line will start

also a weather report well it looks like all of us that where at C3 and those that weren't are going to be expericancing MR. RAIN again current forcast is rain during the day with a temp of 72 and 30% chance of rain
    night cloudy and temp of 51 so dress warm

Hey Lando thats cool i understand spoliers suck its cool of course because its one huge line everyone is welcomed to stop by hang out and watch the saga

20. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "By the way, the line will be forming up outside the theaters until it gets closer to midnight, correct?"

Correct. They will let us into our respective theaters around 10:00 or 10:30PM.

EDIT: If you happen to see me, I will be wearing my C3 costume for part of the night...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/Monkey2ewok/Xanga%20and%20Forum%20Pictures/JarJar1.jpg]

21. jps78

jps78 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    Hahahahah Sith I remember seeing you at C3 while i was wating in line on opening day

22. Lando36

Sep 14, 1999
    Sweet, should be easy to spot you in your costume. :p

23. Lando36

Sep 14, 1999
    Edit: Double post

24. jps78

jps78 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey guys just thought y'all would like to know Target has SW line survial gear and all the stuff they have is only 9.00 they have folding chairs w/bag-(vader,clonetrooper,and jedi) they also have a 30"-60"towel that can also be used as a backpack and finally they have a fleece blanket that can also be used as a picnic mat I picked up a vader chair very cool

25. jps78

jps78 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    just checked something they just added two more shows for midnight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.