main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL AMC 30 South Barrington OPENING NIGHT

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Fisting_Furbies, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Famsen

Famsen Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    I, along with my husband, daughter, sister and mother are going to be at the midnite show at AMC Barrington.

I was hoping to find a thread like this. I have been wanting to know what to expect as far as if people will be dressing up, if everyone is cool and how early we should get there.

We are in theater 24. I was going to get there at 10:00 but thanks to you all, I guess we need to get there much earlier.

Does anyone know of a place to get good Star Wars
    T-shirts?

2. Fisting_Furbies

Fisting_Furbies Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2005
    Glad to help Famsen.

Guys I can't believe I did it, but I just finished putting together everything for my Plo Koon costume. I'm usually a hard critic, but I think it looks pretty damn good if I say so myself. Sorry no pictures though...I don't have a camera or a scanner.

So far I saw we had a jedi or two, a stormtrooper, STOP THE HATE Jar-Jar....but who else is out there? Cmon guys I know there is going to be more than only 10 of us dressed up.

Only two days until Plo Koon is rocking a theatre near you.....

3. jps78

jps78 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    hey Famsen the only place that i now that sells T-shirts is Suncoast Video in Springhill Mall you can also check Toys r Us bit those are kids shirts you can also check out Hot Topic which is another store in the mall I think they had a couple

4. Famsen

Famsen Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    Alright, if I can come up with an awesome costume idea in 24 hours, I will do it too!
    You have inspired me.

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "So far I saw we had a jedi or two, a stormtrooper, STOP THE HATE Jar-Jar....but who else is out there? Cmon guys I know there is going to be more than only 10 of us dressed up."

Last time there were only about ten people dressed up at the AMC 30 South Barrington. There were like six or seven stormtroopers, a Jango Fett, a few Jedi, and a Padme.

I think the vast majority of the 501st/Rebel Legion will be at the AMC 21 River East downtown.

But hey, that just means more attention for the few of us that are in costume. ;)

6. Fisting_Furbies

Apr 29, 2005
    awww that means less lightsaber fights....well for sure I'm going as Plo Koon and my friend decided against Anakin and now going as the Emperor, so we'll pry be fighting like the idiots we are. Famsem if you are looking for a good idea just dress up as a jedi. It is fairly easy if u just play around in your closet. The way I did mine was I bought the robe star wars made on accident, by accident I mean it was a silky material and wanted something more rough for an outer robe.

However when I was trying to decide how the hell to make a tunic for the jedi costume, I just put on a beige shirt brown pants, then the crappy silk robe I wrapped like a tunic around myself and belted it down, then just put over a monk-type robe. The reason this works so well is because with the 2 robes on then, you can't even tell what kind of beige shirt, brown pants or boots you are wearing. Then just pick up a $7 lightsaber at toys 'r' us

7. Fisting_Furbies

Apr 29, 2005
    Hey if anyone has theatre 7 or 8 tickets could you please contact me, because I'm looking to trade. You see I have 5 theatre 7 tickets and 1 theatre 8 and we are a group of 6, so if anyone could help out that would be awesome.

8. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Sorry, I can't help you, Furbies. :(

Anyways, I have finally decided that I will arrive at 5:00 PM! Not too early for me to get tired and cranky, and not too late! :D

9. Famsen

Famsen Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    This is UNBELIEVABLE!
    Every person(except for my husband) that I bought tickets for has bailed out on me with less than 12 hours before we were scheduled to leave for the theater. I'm just waiting for my husband to try to get out of it too somehow at the last minute.
    Just wonderfrickenful.

10. shwanzi

shwanzi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    Famsen, you could most likely get SW T-shirts at any Spencer's store. Suncoast and music stores have carried them too... check Tower Records. I hope that helped.

11. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    ref
    This is UNBELIEVABLE!

sorry to say, I have had the same experience,
    tho on a smaller scale.

Unfortunately, this is just a movie for some,
    and not a once in a lifetime event that
    will/might not happen again,
    especially the midnight showings
    with sincere Star Wars fans.

Ed

12. javien

javien Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Wow, this is quite an undertaking. My kid sister wants to go, and I thought it would be fun. But I won't be able to get there till around 11. There's just three of us going...reckon we'll get to sit together? Does anyone want get rid of tickets in prime theater? If not, will there still be tickets available at the door tomorrow (at 11pm?)

13. jps78

jps78 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    well guys the day is finally here after 28 years, 6 movies, two full lengh and two mirco cartoons, a ton of books, one very bad hoilday special, and a crap load of money spent are long strange but fun trip has a long last come to a end. in 24 hours we will all be cramped into AMC theaters to witness the event that all of us have wanted since we all first saw ANH its a sad time for us but still a time to reflect we've all grown up on the saga its been a part of lives like a friend thats with us every second and like life Star Wars will go on we got a new cartoon and a new live action tv show plus a ton of more books and I'm sure a ton more money spent by us so lets have fun later its going to be expericance none will want to forget I look forward to seeing you all and celebrate what has aleast been for me an insperation as well an escape from my life THE FORCE IS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!
    LONG LIVE THE SAGA!!!!!!

14. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    So true. So true.

Today will be one of the most awesome, yet saddest days in Star Wars fandom. My emotions are certainly confused.

Either way, this will be a day long remembered!

15. Lando36

Lando36 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 1999
    Indeed, very well said guys! After all this years, the circle is now complete. And you know what? This may be the last movie, but we will continue to celebrate the Star Wars Saga forever!!!

Episode III, here I come! :D

16. Fisting_Furbies

Apr 29, 2005
    Ok so lets now take this forum into recap mode...

I only saw one tfn-forum person there and was stop the hate Jar-Jar, and that was only for a second. I didn't see any projection screens nor any X-boxes. However I did see an abundance of dressed up characters to my delight, and made quite a few photo ops. I was there from 8pm-until 11:30 (when I sat down) Did anyone see me? I was dressed as Plo Koon. If anyone took pictures with/of me if you could send them to me that would be awesome. When I can I'll be posting the pics that I have and if any of them have you in it, I will do likewise.

So how was it for everyone else?

17. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    Hey Lando36, I think I talked to you briefly before we went in.

Man that was awesome. It's just soo cool to see this movie with a bunch of other people who appreciate it.

For Episode II I saw it with my company who bought out a theater, and it just wasn't the same.

Thanks to everyone who had great attitudes, and helped contribute to this overwhelming experience.

18. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    GOMER! :D

You posted here! Awesome! :D It was great to meet you and chat a little bit in line!

19. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    Wait, so you were the stop the hate guy right?

20. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yes, I am "Stop the Hate" Jar Jar guy. The one who freaked out when you said that you were Go-Mer-Tonic. The one who kept telling you that you should come to Chicago Fan Force events. ;)

Lando36 was the one in the blue Celebration II shirt.

21. Famsen

Famsen Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    The showing in theater 24 did not start until nearly 12:30am and then after boos from the audience and pleas to start the film we all were treated to an usherette literally screaming at us that the show will start in 5 minutes.

I also was surprised that they let us into the theaters so early. We got there at 8:45 and I saw a semi-long line of people sitting near the entrance. I got into the back of the line( because I am a notorious line joiner. I see a line, I figure it's for something good so I get in it and ask questions later)
    Then I thought that something wasn't right, the line just was not long enough to be everyone for the midnite show. I left my line and to my surprise the customer service agent said my theater was already seating-SWEEEET!

We got great seats but haninging around for nearly three and a half hours before the show started killed me. I actually dozed off and missed a couple of moments of the show.

Overall, I liked ROTS book better than the movie.

22. jps78

jps78 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    hey guys to recap i got there at 10 in the morning was the 5 person in line when i got there they told me that they were going to let us un 15 at 1:00 so i called my group and told them not to bring anything of course they didn't actually let us in untill 7:00 but the guyd that were in front of me in line had an xbox and i let them use my tv (theres broke) but i has there i was dressed in my Jedi robes i did see Sithman, and yes frubies I saw you to walk around in the lobby good plo koon dont know if anyone remebers but i was the jedi that was walking around with DARTH TATER

23. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    I was on the right side for theater 16. I got there at 11, and saw the X-Box setup. I was like: Sweet! We can all watch movies and crap, but then they told me I had to go line up on the other side. It was still a blast just talking to people and getting all exited.

I will have to check out some of the local fan force things, because I love the aura Star Wars people exude. It just feels comfortable compared to the usual animosity of other kinds of gatherings.

24. Johnnyboiwalker

Johnnyboiwalker Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    Hey everyone, got there at around 10 o'clock, i was glad to see the turnout, we got great seats upfront and even tho im not a big fan of sitting up front, i felt like i was 10 years old again rediscovering star wars up there in theater 15. For all who were in theater 15, I LOVED THE LIGHTSABER FIGHTS. I will be able to tell my kids one day those hours of anticipation and about you the fellow fans....when that one guy who was dressed as LANDO was getting applause and screams of "Lando, Lando!"sheer amusement went on my face.
    Really, the only problem i felt the entire time was the traffic after getting out. Im so happy i even got to attend this premeire even tho i never got a chance to see the Plo Koon outfit and the stop the hate jar jar and also since 6 hours prior to the opening I could not even walk and had thrown out my back, I took about 3 vicodins and mixed it with 2 caffeine pills, but its all in the name of Star Wars.
    But now "at the end of all things", as i gaze at the original "The Star Wars storybook" from 1977 ironically that i stole from grade school which started my journey with Star Wars. I realize THIS IS NOT THE END. That this culture will live on forever, because it must.Because I saw old and young come together last night, i saw neither race nor creed nor sex, I saw a perfect world last night, and maybe just maybe that is Star Wars lasting impact.......

25. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    LANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/Monkey2ewok/ROTS%20Midnight%20Premiere/Lando.jpg]

When the Jedi and Sith costumers started fighting down in front, everyone started chanting at Lando, and he stood up with a big smile on his face, ignited his tiny little lightsaber, and the entire theater erupted in cheers! And if the guy would even stand up to go to the bathroom, the entire theater would cheer and start chanting, "LANDO! LANDO! LANDO!" [face_laugh] That was awesome. I still don't even know how the whole Lando thing started, but it was absolutely hilarious.

Here's my makeshift AMC 30 South Barrington photo album. Most of the pictures are of myself in my "Stop the Hate" Jar Jar costume, and my buddies, but maybe you'll see yourself in there somewhere. :p

ROTS Midnight Premiere Pictures!

P.S. I was in Theater 15.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.