main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI AMC Forum 30 Ticket Campout

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by MiraxTHorn, Apr 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Hi Guys,

I was thinking that even though we don't have all the details yet, it might be a good idea to put together our thoughts and ideas for the campout.

So far we've decided where - AMC Forum 30 in Sterling Heights. We've said that various members will be going to a midnight show, an opening night show, or both.

We also talked about using this as a chance to advertise our group. So, if we're going to do that, we need some cool advertising stuff - like signs, flyers, pens with our web address, on-site web hook-ups to our website, airplane banners, the Goodyear Blimp, a parachuting Elvis. You know, all the normal stuff. lol

Seriously, though, what should we do to get attention? And how much attention do we want? Should we alert the media? Does anyone have one of those big pop coolers they had in gas stations a while back that was shaped like R2? Any other big R2 cut outs or collectibles that would make us stand out in the crowd?

As far as the camping out part of this goes, we should start thinking about how we're going to handle food (byo or potluck), shifts for those who don't want to stay the whole time, and activities to do while we wait. Personally, I'm hoping for a serious amount of Euchre playing, along with whatever other fun games you all have in mind!

Oh, I'm getting excited for this almost as much as for Celebration! Please add your thoughts and ideas for how this event should go.
    M.

2. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Well, now that we have an easy URL to use, I can go and change the flyers I made up and repost them to the Yahoo Group files. I'm up for any suggestions on changes or additions to the flyer.

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, it has the same logo that's on front of the T-shirt at the top and goes something like this (and the bullet points are little R2's):

R2-Detroit is looking for new members!

* Do you live in Southeast Michigan?

* Would you like to make new STAR WARS friends?

* Are you interested in costume making? Collecting? Role Playing? Writing fan fiction? Trivia? Reading & discussing the novels?

* Do you live & breathe STAR WARS?

If you answered "yes" to any of the questions above then you?d fit right in!

Currently, we have members from all over the Southeast region of Michigan. So if you?d like to get together with a pretty normal group of people in the name of STAR WARS and have a great time, check us out.

Where to look for us on-line: www.R2DETROIT.com

If you have any questions, feel free to contact our City Representative at: thehuntressdiana@fanforce.net

3. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I know what we could use to promote the group and its even better than the R2 pop cooler. We could kidnap Kenney Baker at CII and bring him back with us. We would get alot of attention then. [face_devil]

If this does not work I will try to think of some thing better or try to find you guys that are camping that will work to.

I'm going to bring my wife to the Thursday night showing to. So I'm in for both. So all I have to do is give my money to get tickets to some one.

4. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    That's another issue we need to figure out:how people are aren't camping out can get their ticket money to the ones who are.Probably the easiest way would be to just bring the money to the May 11 meeting.Of course,if you're not going to that,then the buyer and the buyee will have to work out some other way.

As far as food goes,I say everyone just bring your own.As long as we have at least a couple of people there all the time,then it wouldn't be a problem for people to take food breaks.

I can't really commit to camping out until I know the day that tickets go on sale,but I would love to camp out and I hope that I'll be able to.If not,I'll only need one ticket for the midnight show.

5. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    I will be camping out with you guys, at least for a little while (I have to work in the morning). I handover the money to whomever will be buying the tickets.

6. LukeSolo2003

LukeSolo2003 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2002
    I'm wondering has anyone thought about going to the Southfield Star Theatre to camp out?
    It's the only theatre in Michigan that is outfitted with THX sound. So i'll be watching Episode II on their gigantic screen there. I went to see Episode I at Great Lakes Crossing back in '99 on opening day when the theatre first opened and it was a bad experience. I waited in line for six hours to get tickets and when i got there on opening day no one really showed up because the theatre was new and no one knew about it and we went to an early showing in the morning. Totally destroyed the experience for me. None of that excitement I was looking for. Not to mention I was with a girlfriend I'm no longer with. But I guess that was the general feeling all around for Ep. I. A letdown. But that's another thread.
    I KNOW this is the SW film I've been waiting for(next to Pt. 3) and I'm hyped and excited about this one just like I was for ANH 25 years ago.
    I want to be where the action is this time and that's Star Southfield. Anybody else going?

7. LukeSolo2003

LukeSolo2003 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2002
    Also MiraxThorn, I'd be interested in getting involved in some of your activities. You can email me at stevedougie2001@yahoo.com and give me more details. Thanks

8. Darthfunkasourous

Darthfunkasourous Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2002
    Oh ill be at star southfield for sure

9. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    Okay, the days are counting down, does anybody know for sure when the tickets go on sale? At this juncture, I am assuming 1 week prior to opening day.....so that means that we will be camping out Wednesday may 8th, correct? What time, Early in the day?, or are we going to start the campout in the evening? I am going to try to get that Thursday off, and if I can, I will stay the whole time. I am really getting psyched up for this....I am a true Star Wars geek.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.