main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA AMC MV information for those who haven't been able to get tickets yet

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediG60racer, May 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I understand many people have not been able to procure tickets online for the midnite showing at AMC MV. Here is some encouraging news for you!!! I will post this info in other threads as well, but here's official word from the AMC Sr. Ops. Mgr as of 5pm today (5-3-02):

AMC MV has sold tix so far for ONLY ONE screen... they *will* be adding screens to the website at movietickets.com one at a time starting tonite and going through next week, until a total of 4 screens showing SW are sold out. So if you didn't get tix today, try again tonite after 6pm and keep checking the website! More tix *will* be available!!! Just be persistent and use the force.

2. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    Has anyone yet had luck with this approach? I started trying at 7, the server was down for a bit, it's up now, but no tickets available right now. Anyone else have success?

3. Tyria_Sarkin

Tyria_Sarkin Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    I've been trying since 6 with no luck. I even had my sister keep checking while I walked the dog. (Am I desperate or what?) If anyone has any success at movietickets.com, please post!

4. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    This may be more help: it's the direct line to a human answering the phone at MV: 619-296-2737 (customer service). Ask to speak to a manager and they can probably hook you up with tickets over the phone.

5. Tyria_Sarkin

Dec 9, 2000
    Are you sure there's more than one midnight show? I just called that number and they said there was only one show and it was sold out. Period. Didn't get to speak to a manager, incidentally. The person who answered the phone asked why I wanted to talk to the manager and then told me there was only one midnight show. AMC is too much trouble. I think I'll just wait for Edwards RSD to decide to start selling tickets.

6. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    That's a bummer that they deflected your call like that! Shouldn't have happened. Anyways, the Senior Manager over at ACM MV is named Gary Nixt... if you ask for him directly and just tell whoever answers the phone that it's a matter only he can resolve and to please not waste your time, you should get through right away. They were incredibly busy this weekend with the premiere of Spiderman so I know Star Wars was not even close to being a priority. Anyways, if you talk to peons there you're not going to get correct information, guaranteed. You have to go to management level to make anything happen. Anyways, I'll be giving Gary a call tomorrow to see if we can arrange a way for those who still want tix to get them easily. In the meantime, anyone who tells you there are anything less than 4 screens showing does not have the full story. Still lots of tix available.

7. Sidious_X_Palpatine

Sidious_X_Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2002
    It seemed to me after looking over the Fandango site, that the Regal Entertainment Group sells advance tickets, one week in advance of the movie's premiere.

I'm going get my ticket at the Edwards RSD, on either on Wednesday (8th) or Thursday (9th) for the MidNight Showing.

8. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    Bad news! :( :( I just called AMC and was able to speak with one of the managers. They had been hoping to get information on opening up more screens today, however, that's been delayed. At best, it might be tommorrow. At worst, it could take 'till next Monday!!! ARG!!! This is really lame for me, as my friends are pressuring that we go ahead and buy tickets for Fashion Valley. Sure, we'd still see the movie, and it'd be digital, but not with all of you. :( :( :(

JediG60racer, please please please let me know if you find out anything more from your phone call.

9. Tyria_Sarkin

Dec 9, 2000
    Edwards RSD is selling tickets now. I went there yesterday (Monday) to see Spiderman and was pleasantly surprised to see they were selling Star Wars tickets. I wasn't expecting it because I checked Fandango too, and they only sell tickets a week in advance. I got some for an early afternoon show on the 16th. They do have a midnight show, but I decided against that because of school. *sigh* But I now have tickets in my possession, so I'm happy. :)

I figured the person I talked to at AMC didn't know much. I used to work at a theater, so I know they never tell the peons anything. If it's not on your computer screen, it doesn't exist. So I didn't really feel like arguing and ruining the poor employee's evening. ;)

10. William_the_bloody

William_the_bloody Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2002
    Any new info on this topic? No new tickets are available on the website and the people on the phone have no idea what I'm talking about. Do we even have confirmation of digital projection for the 12:01 showing?

11. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    Okay, update as of Wed May 8th:

Bad news first: Due to AMC corporate snafu's, the AMC MV hasn't been allowed to sell tix for screenings of the other 3 prints they have in hand as of yet. I talked to the Sr. Ops Mgr. again today, and he's trying to get permission to program them into the website. He'll let me know if he gets early permission to do that so I can inform our group! However, if it doesn't happen then the other 3 screenings will be go on sale Monday May 13th in the morning. He's taking personal charge of the theatre the night of the premiere, coming in at 6pm and staying til they close, so we will have a contact at the top if we need anything.

Interesting helpful news: Ask for tix to house theatre #4 specifically... that so far is the only digital print they have in hand. Theatre 17 is the one that has been sold out already and it's a regular print. :( However, we can go trade those tix for theatre 4 tix on Monday.

Other info: as far as the line goes, we are allowed to bring lawnchairs and we can hand out flyers for SDSWS but we can't set up a table with info *officially*. If we happen to set up a card table to picnic and it happens to have some flyers sitting on it, then we may be able to squeak by with that. AMC has a strict policy regarding setting up promotions on site, and we'd be considered that and to do so officially would cost a TON of cash! Back to the chairs... we can't bring them into the theatre, so he suggested we take turns running them back to our cars at about 10pm just before they let us in.

Hallpasses are going to be used to keep people from sneaking friends into theatres they don't have tix to, each theatre will have different passes. He suggested SDSWS make our own special ID passes since AMC's corporate office wants serious cash for them to do it, but he wants to help us out so if we show up with ID that distinguishes us as the offical SW fan club in operation at the event, we'll be treated nicely ;)

12. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Very cool! I talked to Gary Nixt today and he was very nice. Does anyone want to go down on Monday to exchange tickets/purchase tickets as a group?

13. DarthObsidian

DarthObsidian Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2000
    Do you know what time on Monday the tickets will go on sale? Or at least what part of the day (morning, afternoon)?

Thanks!! I have tickets for Edwards MiraMesa18 right now but would love to go to the digital screening instead :)

14. Darth_Vegeta

Darth_Vegeta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
    THe guy I talked to said the box office opens at noon, but it was one of those "peons," not the manager, so I'm questioning the credibility of the info.

I'm all for the group thing...I'll be there anyway.

15. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    My flight doesn't get in till 12:50pm. But I'm stopping there on the way back with my roommate who's picking me up at the airport and is also the one who bought the tickets for me. Hopefully there'll still be seats available for switching. [face_plain]

16. William_the_bloody

William_the_bloody Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2002
    Hey guys,

I'm pretty new here, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up. Sorry if this is old news.

I just saw on Movietickets.com that they have added 12:05(DLP), 12:10(Auditorium 20) and 12:20 showings to Mission Valley. I went to MV to buy tickets for the DLP and they told me that they did not have a 12:05 showing. The ticket seller told me that it wasn't on the system. Some dude in the booth behind the ticket seller said that they were considering moving the DLP projector into the auditorium 20. Whether this is true or not, I don't know. It doesn't make a whole lot of logical sense to me. Can they move the projector that easily? I don't care, I'll see it digitally eventually, but I'd like a straight story. I got a ticket for the 1210 show in auditorium 20.

17. TK_421

TK_421 Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 1998
    I think it time for someone to call everyone's fave Sr.Ops Manager Gary Nixt so that DLP show time can be confirmed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.