AMC MV TICKET ALERT!!!! They're on sale NOW!!!!

Discussion in 'San Diego, CA' started by JediG60racer, May 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK_421 Jedi Padawan

Now that you mention 'hold you a place in line'... I'm curious as to what the line etiquette will be. Can we hold places in line for people and how many max? Will people be offended if someone 'cuts' even though you were 'holding' a place in line? Can we talk about this? I'm concerned for the potential for conflict while waiting in line. As cool as a light sabre duel would be while waiting in line, it'd be kinda scary if things escalate. And what about saving seats once in the theater...whats the max # we can hold?
  2. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    All very good questions indeed. Things like that would be very hard to regulate though. I mean.. what are you going to do if you are in the theatre and someone is holding seats for others? You can't very well punch them in the nose. My feelings are that if it is just for one person, a spouse, significant other, etc. it is okay to hold a place in line or a seat, more than 1 person would be taking advantage of the situation.

I might just get in line early in the day to pass out flyers for the San Diego Star Wars Society etc. but I have to leave at 4pm to pick up my kids from school and to go to the premier being held at another location in town. So perhaps if people see me in line earlier in the day, they will be cool letting me back in the same spot in the evening? My daughter will be in line around 9pm, (I'll see if I can get her there earlier than that) so perhaps she can hold a place for me till I get back.
  3. DarthObsidian Jedi Master

star 1
    I never have a problem with others holding a place in line or saving seats.

For instance, there are 5-7 people in my group on Wednesday night. I will be the only one who can stay in line most of the day. I may have some other members joining me now and then but probably until 7ish, I will be the only one there.

On Friday, I have 17 people going up to Irvine Spectrum. Myself and 3 others will get there first. A few others will most likely be there by 3pm and the rest will show up around two hours before the show.

We all bought our tickets at the same time. We are all watching it together. Last time for TPM, I did the same thing at the Spectrum. Only two people were in front of us. By the time they let the line in, over 10 people were in front of us. Oh well! None of my group minded. They were all part of the group.

Heck, SW is really about hanging out with your friends and having a good time as much as it is about seeing a movie. I would never ask someone's best friend to go to the back of the line just because they weren't there for the past two hours! :)

Hrm. So are most people not showing up until later? I was under the impression there would be a lot of morning arrivers. I don't wanna get there at 1pm if no one else shows up until 7pm! :)
  4. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    My New Plans:

I will get there sometime after 10am. I will stay in line till 4:00-5:00pm or so then my daughter will come down and take my place in line and hold it for me till I get back at 9:30 or so. She and I are seeing the movie together. She is very excited to be seeing the midnight showing with mom. I'm calling in sick for her on Thursday so she can sleep in. Her friends are very envious of her too. She is 13 and her name is "Leia" by the way. :D
  5. DarthObsidian Jedi Master

star 1
    Mara_Jade: that's awesome! I guess I'll see you there at about 1pm. Glad to know I won't be all alone now :) I'm trying to get some of the others in my group to get there early, too.
  6. TK_421 Jedi Padawan

I'm thinkin I'll be there w/ my girlfriend before 12PM but not earlier than 10am. I have 8 friends attending as well but they all work during the day and wont get to join me till 3-ish or later. I will be as courteous as possible to those in line and when I save seats as well. You're right though...its all about friends and hanging out and enjoying the EP2 experience.
  7. Darth_Vegeta Jedi Master

star 4
    I still plan on being at AMC MV between 9:00 and 9:30 AM.

BTW, I read about people going on the radio...what station(s) and what time(s)? Also, did anyone pull any strings with the local morning news shows?
  8. Darth_Vegeta Jedi Master

star 4
    I went on movietickets.com just now, and saw that there are no digital showings at AMC MV after Friday...are they only showing it on digital for a few days? What the hell?!?!
  9. TK_421 Jedi Padawan

Vegeta: You should call the Sr.Ops Manager (Gary Nixt) for an update on that situation you describe.

619-296-2737
  10. JediG60racer Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll also be making a costume appearance elsewhere in San Diego until about 9pm... I'll scoot right back over to AMC MV around then. My wife, sister, brother, best friend, best friend's g/f, and another couple should be showing up there around 9pm with instructions to look for costumed members of SDSWS and join them. They may beat me there. At any rate MJF Leia and I can secure a whole mess of seats when we get into the theatre... I think that would be great! I'm going to tell my friends to not join the line as a group of 8 but to casually walk up one at a time, spaced apart so people in the line behind them don't freak. But if that doesn't work out nicely, having some seats set aside would be a good plan and I think we can handle that.
  11. CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll be attending the 12:01 am showings at the Chula Vista Ultrastar. They have 2 rooms set up with digital projection. I will be there with a group of my friends. Also we will hang out to see the excitement there for the 24hr run of EP2.
    Plus i am hoping that they will hand out an exclusive figure( rumor has it is the Jorg Sacul fig)
  12. Darth_Vegeta Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the #. I've called it so much, it's a wonder I forgot it at all. Anyone know when AMC MV will have a sign signifying the head of the AOTC line on Wednesday? Or if I'm the first one there, should I just call the number?
  13. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    If you call Gary Nixt, just tell him you are a member of the San Diego Star Wars Society. JediG60racer has been in contact with him several times, and I've talked to him as well.
  14. Darth_Vegeta Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright, I'm heading out to MV. See y'all there...I'm the one in the blue Vegeta shirt. May the Force be with us!
  15. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm on my way now too.
    I gotta hit McDonald's first. [face_plain]
  16. Avenger Jedi Padawan

I agree with holding one or two places on line while we are waiting outside but not once we enter the theater. There is nothing more frustrating than to head for a seat only to be told that the whole row is taken. You then have to move
    to another row and by the time you do that you probably end up in the worst possible seat... Not good for the Episode 2 premiere !
  17. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    wait a minute... mara's daughter is leia... i thought leia was mara's sister-in-law...

darn these skywalker family trees

hehe :)

i probably wont show up until after work, when i can go down with my friends

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.