AMC MV update Wed May 8th

Discussion in 'San Diego, CA' started by JediG60racer, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediG60racer Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, update as of Wed May 8th:

Bad news first: Due to AMC corporate snafu's, the AMC MV hasn't been allowed to sell tix for screenings of the other 3 prints they have in hand as of yet. I talked to the Sr. Ops Mgr. again today, and he's trying to get permission to program them into the website. He'll let me know if he gets early permission to do that so I can inform our group! However, if it doesn't happen then the other 3 screenings will be go on sale Monday May 13th in the morning. He's taking personal charge of the theatre the night of the premiere, coming in at 6pm and staying til they close, so we will have a contact at the top if we need anything. His name is Gary Nixt... know it well, he can make things happen.

Interesting helpful news: Ask for tix to house theatre #4 specifically... that so far is the only digital print they have in hand. Theatre 17 is the one that has been sold out already and it's a regular print. :( However, we can go trade those tix for theatre 4 tix on Monday.

Other info: as far as the line goes, we are allowed to bring lawnchairs and we can hand out flyers for SDSWS but we can't set up a table with info *officially*. If we happen to set up a card table to picnic and it happens to have some flyers sitting on it, then we may be able to squeak by with that. AMC has a strict policy regarding setting up promotions on site, and we'd be considered that and to do so officially would cost a TON of cash! Back to the chairs... we can't bring them into the theatre, so he suggested we take turns running them back to our cars at about 10pm just before they let us in.

Hallpasses are going to be used to keep people from sneaking friends into theatres they don't have tix to, each theatre will have different passes. He suggested SDSWS make our own special ID passes since AMC's corporate office wants serious cash for them to do it, but he wants to help us out so if we show up with ID that distinguishes us as the offical SW fan club in operation at the event, we'll be treated nicely ;)
  2. Darth_Vegeta Jedi Master

star 4
    ARGH!!! I ordered tix over the phone and I'm assuming they're for theater 17. Is there anyway I can exchange those? Like take them to the box office on Monday and ask for theater 4? I'll call and complain if I have to. Thank Yoda I'll be back in town by then...
  3. CessnaDriver Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks for the useful info!!!
  4. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    /\
    Are you sure they said "theater 4"???
    Because I thought the digital projector was in theater 3.
  5. Darth_Vegeta Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I called MV and they said that if you purchased tickets online or over the phone for the non-digital showing, it doesn't charge your card until you pick up the tickets. So if you never pick up the tickets, you won't be charged. Looks like I'll be in MV bright and early on Monday...

Edit: I think the no-charge only applies to phone-orders; online orders are non-refundable.
  6. JediG60racer Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, it's theatre 4 that is digital. And if any of you (like me) want to exchange your theatre 17 tix for theatre 4 digital tix, then give Gary Nixt (the senior manager) a call in the next few days. 619-296-2737. If the mindless peon answering the phone asks you why you need to speak to him, just say it's an operations matter and Gary's the only one who can make the decision. (which is technically true).

I will personally give Gary a call tomorrow afternoon and ask to make arrangements for those of us with the wrong tix to exchange them on Monday... it would help me out if you all can post how many tix you have that you'd like to exchange. It shouldn't be hard for him to set them aside and sell our tix instead.
  7. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    I have 8 tickets. But I won't be here on Monday. My roommate will though and he's the one who bought the tickets anyway. He ordered them through the phone.
    Also, is it easier to do the exchange with tickets in hand or without? Cuz we haven't picked up the tickets yet.
  8. CessnaDriver Jedi Knight

star 2
    Got six tix on-line and CC was charged for them. Havent picked them up yet.
  9. Darth_Vegeta Jedi Master

star 4
    Technically, I have 4 tickets that I ordered over (858) 558-2AMC. But I think I remembered that I wouldn't be charged for the phon service until I pick up the tickets. Which would make sense because I never received a receipt of any kind... So should I just not claim those tickets and buy new tickets?
  10. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I just got off the phone with Gary Nixt and asked him about exchanging the tickets, and he said to call Monday and see if they were going to release the tickets for the digital showing on Monday. He said they might not be released till as late as Tuesday however. And if so, I could just come down there and exchange my tickets for theatre 17 for theatre 4.

I also asked him about their policy of bringing lightsabers into the theatres. He said it would be okay to have them ignited outside the theatre, but they have to be turned off prior to entering the theatre, and cannot be ignited once inside. The policy has to do with safety, and also with the fact that it would be a distraction to others.
  11. William_the_bloody Jedi Knight

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll be there Monday morning. I think I will try to get tickets for theatre #4.
  12. Tyria_Sarkin Force Ghost

star 1
    I guess it's a good thing I haven't even bought tickets yet. However, I can't get down to the theater on Monday. :( Is there anyone who would be willing to get 2 extra tickets for the midnight show (theatre 4 of course) when they go to exchange their tickets? I could pay you for both the tix and cost of gas.
  13. DarthObsidian Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm going down on Monday to get myself and some others tickets for the midnight digital showing.

I wouldn't mind picking up a couple more. I guess you could meet me in line on Wednesday and get the tickets from me then. Feel free to email me at coren@san.rr.com and let me know
  14. Tyria_Sarkin Force Ghost

star 1
  15. corran_rouge9 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Movietickets.com has tickets again!!!!!! I just got mine. 12:02am show at Mission Valley 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!
  16. TK_421 Jedi Padawan

Thanks for the tip that MovieTickets.com had add'l showings! I just got 10 tix for me and my pals. If worse comes to worse I think I will have to play hooky from work on MON.5/13 to exchange for the DIGITAL showing = ) of course I need to call first before showing up as DIGI tix may not be available till TUE.5/14 .
  17. William_the_bloody Jedi Knight

What time did you buy the tickets for? movietickets.com says that the 12:05 showing is the DLP showing. When I went to the box office, they told me that that showing was not available.
  18. TK_421 Jedi Padawan

Interesting. I did not at all notice that the 12:05 showing was the DIGI (DLP) version . Neat-o! I bought tix for this time!

The reason I did not notice was because the URL I came up on does not mention this fact:

https://www.movietickets.com/purchase.asp?perf_id=22554659

I got to the above URL from:

http://www.movietickets.com/movie_detail.asp?movie_id=26243&SearchSort=1&SearchZip=91915&SearchRadius=15&ShowDate=5&image1.x=4&image1.y=6

Thanks for the brilliant observation though. It appears the fact that the 12:05 screening is DLP is listed here (in case anyone is curious:

http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?house_id=3146

Maybe someone should call Gary Nixt to confirm this apparent fact.
  19. JediG60racer Jedi Master

star 4
    CONFIRMED: 12:05 showing is the digital screen!!! GO GET TIX RIGHT NOW!!!! They are AVAILABLE!!

www.movietickets.com
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.