main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX AMC???

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by docgordo, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docgordo

docgordo Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2001
    Who here thinks AMC Huebner Oaks will get screwed over yet again come May 2002?

2. Tycho_Celchu-Col

Tycho_Celchu-Col Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2001
    Unless the have come up with a bit better bargining power than last time. AMC has no where near the sheer number of screens that Regal can offer nationwide.

3. docgordo

docgordo Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2001
    It shouldn't be about "nationwide." It should be which is the better theater complex, AMC Huebner Oaks or Regal Fiesta; and everyone in town knows the answer except 20th Century Fox.

4. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    I have to agree with Gordon on that one, Huebner Oaks is WAY better than Fiesta and I was bummed when Huebner got passed over for Episode 1 . . .

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that this time they'll wise up . . .

Besides, I heard that Regal has filed for bankruptcy . . .

We shall see.

Take Care & MTFBWY

John "ObiJuan" Laurel

5. Tycho_Celchu-Col

Tycho_Celchu-Col Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2001
    The word on net says that Santikos may be buying back the locations it sold to Regal. So we may have to wait and see. Granted the AMC theatre is much better than Fiesta, Fox just dosen't tour them all. They look at numbers and dollars.Not the condition of the venue. Sad, but unfortunately true.

6. docgordo

docgordo Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2001
    When I was talking to the manager back in '99 he said Huebner Oaks was the only complex in town who scored perfect TAP scores from the people at THX.

Santikos already re-purchased Northwest, Embassy, Galaxy, and others. Perhaps the intown parity will work in AMC's favor.

And there's no way Fiesta would make more money showing Episode 2 than Huebner Oaks. Whenever AMC has a big movie, that place is a mad house.

7. Darth_Larry

Darth_Larry Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2001
    AMC would be a nice place to see the Star Wars Prequels but it is all up to the Management and other.. I was at the Fiesta 16 for TPM and the FOX people had mentioned that the mid theater to the left recieved 5 feet extra speakers on each side to help radiate the sound.. not sure if any other theaters recieved this same treatment but it was quite nice..

thanks,

Larry Ramirez

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.