main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph AMC's Preacher

Discussion in 'Community' started by Diggy , Apr 17, 2015.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, once more in the past. Then he was obliquely referenced by DeBlanc and Fiore. I figure he'll show up in the present by the season finale; he's in the opening credits after all.

2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

Again, I haven't followed the series proper, but I wouldn't called "the word" mind-control, more like heavily reinforced suggestions. The recipient is commanded to do a thing and - as we saw in the pilot - depending on the context of the wording, follow through on an extremely literal level. For example, if you read the comic, you'll recall that Jesse told Sheriff Root to go **** himself. Root later severed his **** and, well, I think you can guess what followed.

3. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    That strangely sounds like Kilgrave. FWIW, I gave this show a shot in the first three episodes and just haven't gone back to watch the rest of the episodes.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    SDCC trailer for the rest of the season-

5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I'm still watching, but I'm waiting for something to happen. It's kind of boring, and I've no urge to discuss it so far. Ya know?

6. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003

I quite enjoyed the first season. Never read the comics, though.

AplagueOnTheWise likes this.
  7. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    The comics are excellent.

8. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    I enjoyed season 1 and love the casting . Excited for season 2!

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I only watched the first two or three episodes of Season 1. But, I wasn't going to give up on the series since the comic book series received alot of praise. So I watched the premiere episode of Season 2 and much, much better as Preacher has the Genesis power and there's a plot afoot to find God (which reminds me of Dogma). Crazy opening scene of this episode which is so Garth Ennis.

I'm in for the rest of the season.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  10. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I wasn't keen on S1 but S2 is great so far , watched 4 eps .

11. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I missed the last two episodes when they aired but now I'm caught up. I love what they've done with Herr Starr so far. And damn, the SOK on the warpath to find Jesse.

12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Ep 5 was a major stumble - Jesse and Tulip should not be a toxic couple.

Ep 6 recovered from that.

Ep 7's origin for Starr was hilarious, in a gallows sense. And you just know what's going to happen with that nipple chain when he and Custer end up brawling.

13. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    we're going to angleville - jessie's family home

soitscometothis likes this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Gotta say this season has been a big improvement over the last one. So much great stuff going on across about three storylines. Helps that this has been the most comic faithful season yet, but I do like most of the changes they've made as well.

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    How many episodes in is it? I stoped about halfway through season 2. But if it’s good again...

16. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Nine, season finale is next. They've toned down the silly drama and ramped up the absurdity, which is all a show about finding God who may or may not have some weird man-dog fetish really needs.

Diggy likes this.
  17. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    How to sum up that last episode? Oh I know...."POP!"

18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    So, there has to be a season 4, right?

Gonna miss Grandma.

Hitler. Ruler of Hell. I wonder why he gets to just claim it. Will the population of Hell automatically follow him?

I don't get why the contract for Jesse is binding if he didn't have anything to do with it. Did I miss something?

Edit: I did miss it, she still had a part of his soul when the deal was made.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    In the fortress, deep in the desert, the stronghold of the archvillains of the series...

there's a Starbucks

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    The origin of Cassidy's guilt.

He was a coward in war. Left a friend to die. Then got turned on the same battlefield.

And Hitler pays a visit to Preacher.

22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I guess I'm the only one watching this final season. Well, I can post for me.

The Saint and the Preacher on the same island. Australia that is. And Jesus is off with Tulip. That'd be actual Jesus rather than special needs Jesus whom the new ruler of Hell, Hitler, just met and played the piano for.

23. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm watching it too, but live. It's still great, and living up to the comic and then some. They're jam packing a lot of material in this season, but it's working out so far.

24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Letting the eps come out and then, Allfather-style, bingeing will commence.

25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Ah yes, where else can you see a dingo run off with the pixelated naughty bits of a vagina-headed cult leader.

God's plan is revealed!

He is going to replace the human race. 1st the dinos, then mankind, and now something else.

This is a spoiler but I don't think you'll care. Hitler takes 2 sugars in his coffee.