main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Amends (yet another short H/L vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RogueSticks, Nov 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    Here's one VERY short vignette that I wrote a while ago and am just now getting around to posting. Sunshine liked it so I have the courage to put it up right now. It's nothing special. Just yet another rendition of the Balance Point reunion. And just so you know, the beginning poem stanza is one I wrote about Han and Leia. I'm done rambling now. Love it or hate it all you want. :)

Disclaimer: I OWN THEM ALL AND I'M SECRETLY MAKING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS OFF THIS.

Amends

~8~8~8~8~8~8~8~
    together we two will sail the stars
    we'll beat the odds, travel far
    souls joined up in tandem breeze
    a love that brought me to my knees
    ~8~8~8~8~8~8~8~

When they were finally alone, the silence was unbearable, thick and meaty, heavy in its oppressiveness.

"I never meant for it to be this way."

"Who ever does?"

Han Solo looked over the sunken features of his wife, features that had been taken over by a distant sadness that he had once sworn to keep her from feeling ever again. Alderaan was enough hurt for her. Who was he to cause more.

"I never stopped loving you."

"I know."

"That's not good enough now though, right?"

That sad, misty smile he remembered from Yavin whispered out at him, a ghost of her losses. "Han, your love has always been good enough. It's the circumstances that aren't."

"Can I do anything about that?" he asked uncertainly, hopefully.

"You can try."

A smile quirked his lips, tugged at his eyes. "Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."

She smiled then, genuine, tender, caring and electricity cracked between them, a connection of past feelings and future bonds. For the first time since they'd lost Chewbacca, a comfortable feeling of familiarity danced around them, settled somewhere in the middle.

"Since when does the great Han Solo spout Jedi philosophy?"

"Don't tell Luke."

Mock seriousness shrouded her face and she raised two fingers in a traditional spacer's promise. "I won't. I swear."

Silence once more fell between them, this time more a blanket of warmth.

"Are we going to be ok Sweetheart?"

For one long moment, she looked at him, her head cocked sideways in an evaluating manner. Then, in his own lazy drawl said, "Yeah. Yeah I think so."

2. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    This is absolutely adorable, RogueSticks!

You convey so much about their relationship in so short a space - it's absolutely lovely!

3. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jedi_Queen_Mx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    :_| That was beautiful. I'm soo sad now. Why can't I write like that?

4. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    When I saw that you'd post a little viggie, my first thought was, WHY DIDN'T SHE TELL ME SHE WAS WRITING SOMETHING ELSE?

But... *Giggles* I'd already read this! So now I don't feel unspecial anymore... :p

Anyway. I loved it. You said so much with so little, which was awesome. Very beautiful, and a lovely take on their relationship! And as you know, I love the little poem you wrote, too... :)

Keep writing!

5. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    That was a wonderfully emotional little vignette, RogueSticks. I agree with rxchiquita--you manage to convey an incredible amount about Han and Leia in a very short but eloquent passage. Their love, their loss, and even their slight distrust for one another after Han's flight.

This sentence was especially thought-provoking:

"Han, your love has always been good enough. It's the circumstances that aren't."

Doesn't it always seem to work that way? This is an excellent piece of work--I truly enjoyed reading it. (And I liked the poem, too. How applicable to Han and Leia's romance!)

6. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Great thoughts!!!!! I love it!!!!

7. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    RogueSticks: This was a beautiful scene...bittersweet, yet remarkably hopeful! What a nice surprise to find a good H/L piece to read. However, it was so short that it left me wanting more, so I'll just say...GAH! ;)

By the way, I absolutely love your disclaimer: I OWN THEM ALL AND I'M SECRETLY MAKING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS OFF THIS. LOL...too funny. Feel free to share all that loot with the rest of us!

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Great job, RogueSticks! I really liked it. Short and sweet. :)

9. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Beautiful! *sniffs*

10. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Such a perfect snapshot of their relationship!

A. Windsor

11. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Lovely, RogueSticks. A lot of emotion packed into a few choice words. Above all, the tender humour came through really well. Thanks. :)

12. RogueSticks

Feb 15, 2003
    Wow I thought I'd get maybe FIVE reviews but TEN! I'm flattered!

rxchiquita Thanks! I did my best to keep it short and simple. A long drawn out reunion just didn't seem their style. ::scowls:: But neither did that- that-- that THING in Balance Point which is the "official" version.

Jedi_Queen_Mx Awww don't be sad! It's happy! Happy! They wind up back together!

Puggy Muahaa! I knew you'd be upset! I just like to bother you, it gives me something to do in my spare time. Next time I really should post something without telling you. Lol, I'd love to see your reaction then.

Xaara Oh that was one of my favorite sentences that you picked out! I'm glad someone else liked it as much as I did. That was actually the sentence that started this whole thing! And I'm glad you liked the poem too. Thanks for reading!

starwarsfan68 Woo!!!!! You liked it! I love it when people like what I write. It sure beats getting rotten vegetables thrown at me.

QueenOfAces Oh you SO did not just steal my word! ::looks around:: I need a little copyright mark for GAH :p
    And as for the money, well I'm afriad I blew it all on the plastic surgery for the stripper. He was talented and all but I needed him to look like a certain Ford we all know and love. And I'm not talking about the Ford sitting out in my parking space.

HanSolo29 Thank you! Short and sweet is a good motto to live by. My mother always told me that good things come in small packages. Of course...that was just her way to mislead me on Christmas so that I would open the big boxes last (because those were usually the ones she taped shut with fiber shipping tape and took me 30 minutes and 2 rolls of film to open)

GreatOne :) Don't sniff! Everything is all better.
    (By the way, I'm a little upset with you over that challenge thing. I'm going to have to write TWO fics because of you. One to answer the challenge and one to appease my muse.....grrrr). And once more I'll take the opportunity to say this to you: GO BLUE!!!!

A-Windsor Oh 'snapshot'! I love it when people use photo talk (I think this stems from being at a photography/film school but it COULD just be my own warped sense of humor showing).

Tahi Tender humor.....::smiles wistfully:: that's such a lovely way to descrive it. From now on when I need to summarize my fics, I'm coming to you!

13. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I love stories and vignettes about Han and Leia that take place during the NJO. It was a difficult time for them, but I think their relationship gained more strength from what they had to go through. And as you so pointed out in your dialogue, they never stopped loving each other during their separation. Beautiful writing!

14. RogueSticks

Feb 15, 2003
    Solo_Fan Thanks so much! This is the first time I've really ventured into writing during the NJO and I might have to play around there more........after I finish the other pieces I'm writing off course ::Looks around nervously for GreatOne and Puggy, both of whom are aware of my prior fic obligations::

15. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    *Glares at Sticksy*

Yeah, you. You know what I want to see.

16. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Aww. [face_love] I really like how you added that little line of Han's at the end. [face_love]

17. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    AWWWWWW... very cute...
    great job Sticksy! cute but short....
    :D
    see ya around
    DM

18. RogueSticks

Feb 15, 2003
    More readers!! ::swoons::

Puggy ::looks around innocently:: What? Eh? Are you talking to me?

Jaina_and_Jag Glad you liked it!

DM Short but sweet definately has its advantages at times. :)

19. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    'Twas darling, darling, darling, as are you!

I told you it was fabulous!

*squee*

20. RogueSticks

Feb 15, 2003
    Lol Sunny you're always more excited about things than I am. How do you manage that?

21. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Wow, short but amazing!

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

22. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Randomly ran across this little viggy (well, not so randomly, it was in your profile--aren't I creepy?), and just had to tell you that I really, really, enjoyed it. A short little scene, but you captured so much. Nice moment. :)

23. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Beautiful Lyn. :)

~~Jilly

24. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Stormtrooper_Shrink Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Bittersweet in a certain sort of way...

25. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    This was so sweet, it captured the emotions of a long-married couple dealing with some painful issues. The love is there, it's just been having a bit of a rough road lately. Very nice work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.