main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY America loves..........Star Trek

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Cailinn-Sarr, Oct 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cailinn-Sarr

Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    I know this is a Star Wars site but this is related.If anyone watched the show "America loves....Star Trek" at the end of the show when the credits were going they showed scenes from con's with fans saying that they love Star Trek(which I do also but not as much as Star Wars)& the last scene was Kevin & the guys from the Empire City garrison(dressed like stormtroopers,a biker scout & the one & only Lord Vader)& half of them said they love Star Trek but the other half said they love Star Wars.I thought that was so cool that they kept that in.Hey Kevin that was great.Talk later folks.MTFBWY.

2. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I saw that, I thought it was Hysterical. It was Darth Zippy with as an Officer and some members on the New England Garrison. It made the TFN main page.

3. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    America loves Star Trek, and so do I.

Anyone who says it is crap, is a muppet!

'Nuff said!

4. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    Hey, Yoda is a Muppet and he is awesome!!!

5. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I hate star trek :mad: I think its really stupid it has no action.Because i hate star trek am i crap? No.Im a hardcore STAR WARS fan and nothings better then STAR WARS not even star trek.
    Nuff said

6. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    Spino, Why must you start this again. I have been a SW fan all my life and I am just now getting into ST. I do not ever see myself liking ST better than SW. Many Many Die Hard SW fans are Fans of ST as well. Maybe when you grow up you will understand that andf learn what where to channel that hatred you have.

I will not have any tolerance of ST or bashing of anything without a valid reason. Friendly arguements are always welcome.

7. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    I fully support MysterySith here. I consider myself a hardcore, Die hard SW fan. BUT that does not mean I cannot enjoy other movies or things. We know you don't like Trek and that's fine. But bashing is simply not allowed on this board...period.
    And no you are not crap, but you are acting very immature in your closed-mindedness. SO keep your "it's stupid" comments to yourself please. I really don't like censorship, but I can't defend someone who sees certain language can cause trouble and insists on continuing it.

Thanks! :)

8. darthspino

Aug 18, 2001
    Im sorry i just cant seem to control my hatred towards star trek when someone brings it up.I think the same way you do i also think i will understand why people like it when i grow up.Maybe even like it when i grow up.Once again sorry and lets try to keep the star trek talk small.

9. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    spino, show some respect. Please do not tell us what to talk about on our forum. If those of us from NYC that have met in person on several occasions want to talk about Star Trek, we will do so.

Open up your mind, it may do you some good.

I would not dare go into a forum and tell them what they can and cannot talk about. I only try to keep the peace.
    ---------------------------------------------
    So, What does everyone think about the show Enterprise?

I like it, a bit slow this past week, but I am sure it will take off with Warp Speed.

10. darthspino

Aug 18, 2001
    Sorry,kinda ?[face_plain]

11. jandimin

jandimin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2000
    i'll take any sci-fi now over the reality i've been seeing on t.v. lately...really spino take a look at the world and keep things in perspective.

12. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    So far Im impressed with Enterprise MS. Although the opening music sucks. But what I want to know is, how will they explain the Earth/Romulan war which is supoed to take place at this time?

13. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    I must agree, I do not like the Opening theme at all.

14. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    I was thinking, John, that the "evil future dude" who's controlling the Suliban might be a Romulan operative. They've been known to mess around with time before.

15. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Will,

same thing here. Also if you look at him, he has that same bowl hair cut that they & the Vulcans have.

John

16. madmax

madmax Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    I've been into ST before SW. Hell, my dad used to feed me as a baby while watching the Original Series. Hell, I'm doing the same thing for my daughter, Voyager puts her to sleep!

Does this diminish my love for other franchises? No. I still enjoy Babylon5, Andromeda, Buffy, Angel, Forever Knight, UltraViolet, Max Headroom, Stargate SG-1, etc.

If anything ST opened up up a whole new world of sci-fi to be explored for me, including SW.

17. madmax

Nov 29, 2000
    And as far as Enterprise is concerned, The theme song would be better received if they ditch the vocals. The music actually suits the show since I guess from a cultural standpoint, that timefrom is closer to our time that of Kirks time. I love the montage of the history of mans need to explore. very fitting.

Oh, I LMAO when that guy beamed up with a rock embedded in his head! Hahahahaha :)

18. nycdexter

nycdexter Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2001
    >>Hey, Yoda is a Muppet and he is awesome!!!

Thanks for the compliment but although I am short, I am NOT a muppet. If had been paying attention to asax and Scott you'd know that I am a mecca, not a muppet.

19. madmax

Nov 29, 2000
  20. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    He's like... mecha-real.

21. nycdexter

nycdexter Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2001
    At least I'm not super-deformed

Thread Status: