main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

American ESB lobby cards

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Twinky_Stryder, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    Hi

My brother has recently aquired a set of three ESB lobby cards from 1980. One has Vader on it, the others have a Star Destroyer and Vader and Luke on Bespin fighting.

These are original cards from the time, not reprints, and are in pretty good nick. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the value range of this kind of item?

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I was hard-pressed to find anything on these. If they are in my Star Wars Super Collectors Wishbook they are well hidden. I had to go back to A Universe of SW Collectibles which is from 2002 to find a listing. Even then they are not priced individually. As of this book, an 8" x 10" set of the eight lobby cards was priced at 75.00 USD. An 11" x 14" set was priced at 90.00 USD. The book has a pic of one of the ESB cards - it is of 3PO behind a strategy display screen. I think it's when he is telling the rebels on Hoth about the probe droid.

Your best bet is probably going to be searching Ebay for any recent closed auctions on these. If you find any that will probably get you a more realistic price. I don't think you can pay the mortgage on them though. :)

3. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    Nah, any pieces we get we collect to keep and enjoy, not to sell on later. But it''s always interesting to find out.

4. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I have the set. I got them as a birthday gift back in 1980.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.