main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania American government discussion

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by lordvaderFF, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott_M

Scott_M Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2000
    ...But is ultimately a preachy left wing book!

Depends. If one defines 'preachy left wing' as humanitarian, then yeah that's true. It can get very preachy at times. Personally I didn't have much of a problem with that though.

Looking beyond the left wingedness, I still found it very informative.

2. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000

Is it really 'fair dinkum' (for want of a better term) for the US to demand Iraq destroy their missiles by Saturday, without offering any guarantee that they won't invade if Iraq complies?

Think about it. If someone was standing outside your house with a machette, and told you they were about to come in and cut you into little tiny pieces and maybe bbq you up, but first they want to you throw out that kitchen knife you've got to defend yourself, what would you say?

A good scottish f'kew!

I'm not saying Iraq is justified in having these weapons, they should have fessed up years ago and got rid of them if they truly breach the UN resolution, but it seems thing have gone too far to reasonably expect them to destroy them at this date without guarantees of no military action from the US/UK.

3. Ayla_Kenobi

Ayla_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    politics bad :(

too may political threads :(

4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Didn't George Orwell once say, "There's no such thing as "keeping out of politics. All issues today are political ones" ?
    ;)
    e_s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.