main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph American Horror Story: Hotel

Discussion in 'Community' started by darthcaedus1138, Oct 17, 2012.

1. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Yes, this. I really loved Freak Show at first and then it all just kind of became "meh" and underwhelming.

2. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    I am so excited. From what I've seen Gaga may be great in this show.

3. AmidalaLover

Aug 19, 2014
    It's coming out in 4 days!!!!!

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Well, that was terrible.

5. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Hahah I'm glad I gave up after Freak Show, this show doesn't deserve my attention anymore

*realize I started the thread*

This show has seen better days.

6. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    The entire episode was all like "look! Gaga looks weird!". Welcome to like, 5 years ago.

7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I said Freak Show was style over substance. Well that was all (quite boring) style, and no substance.

The only other Ryan Murphy show I watched was Nip/Tuck. That also went steeply downhill after a few seasons.

8. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I'll probably drag myself through this season. Not a great opener. I kind of feel like the success of the first 2 (and I suppose 3rd) seasons was because there was a set number of characters introduced over a period of time. We didn't have a bunch of crazy characters thrown at us immediately in the first ep.

I kind of just felt like this was as if someone watched The Hunger and the Shining and mushed them together, threw Gaga in and then doused it in more 80s. Interesting to watch but not at all scary or suspenseful.

But on the plus side, at least Gaga can act. Enough for the part.

9. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    I'll probably keep watching this as well. I'm liking the Art Deco aesthetic, although everything is too dark. I need light to see more detail.

AmidalaLover likes this.
  10. AmidalaLover

Aug 19, 2014
    Better than last year and Coven. Really brought back the disturbing factor that Murder House and Asylum mastered. Judging by the trailer for the season it looks like it is going to be a great season. Hope that Jessica Lange makes a cameo like rumors say. One critique is that they introduced all the characters in the season openir. Anyway, AHS has redeemed itself from Freak Show judging by critics and fans reception. Saying that, they all have one common complaint: The Drill Scene. The ratings were the second best only to Freak Show, and in all honestly I thought it was going to be worst due to the dislike of Freak Show and Freak Show losing half of its audience through the season.

11. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Really? Literally every review I read today (which was a lot because I was bored at work) said it looks like the worst season so far and probably the killer of the series.

12. AmidalaLover

Aug 19, 2014
    Some critics love it some hate it the reviews are polarizing. But audience reception is high. On Rotten Tomatoes audience reception is 71 which is 4 lower than Murder House and higher than Freak Show. Freak Show had a great season opener but the rest of the season was awful. Until the season is over we can't properly judge it. Also ratings will help decide its success. It opened with a little less than Freak Show, which is good considering Freak Show was panned. Ryan Murphy's intention was to bring Hotel back to its disturbing roots that made Asylum and Murder House the two best seasons. Hopefully Hotel won't lose half of its audience like Freak Show. The trailer for the season looks like it is going to be great, although trailers can be deceiving. Ryan Murphy said they may have a season in the spring, I wonder if its going to happen.

13. AmidalaLover

Aug 19, 2014
    Hotel was the second most watched broadcast in FX. The first is American Horror Story Freak Show.

14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Surprisingly, I liked the season premiere, and it kept my interest. I also liked the start of Freak Show until they killed the clown so we'll see what happens.

15. AmidalaLover

Aug 19, 2014
    Same! I really hope it doesn't end up like Freak Show and fall off the rails. The Hotel premiere is imo the best season premiere since Asylum. Super excited for Lily Rabe and Evan Peters to return this season. Its gonna be a crazy season. They are bringing Jeffrey Dahmer and John Wayne Gacy into it.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  16. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    AHS 601

I liked the first episode. It is very meta, but I wonder how they're going to mix it up because if the one cast is telling the story after the fact then we know they all survive. Regardless, I enjoyed the performances and find myself intrigued so far. I'm hesitant, but we'll see what happens since the show hasn't been good since Season 2.

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'm always late (almost always :p ) in watching things. Been watching this for a couple weeks, up S3 Coven E13 The Seven Wonders. I have to say, while I really enjoyed the horrors of season 1 & 2, I think the cheese of 3 has hilarious addition. Did they really name the contest the 7 wonders just for this song?

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Just finished Freak Show. Really liked it, though as each of the season end with a happy ending, wasn't sure how this would. On to Hotel.

19. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    1 Murder House (12 episodes)
    2 Asylum (13)
    3 Coven (13)
    4 Freak Show (13)
    5 Hotel (12)
    6 Roanoke (10) - really jumped the shark in the final couple episodes. I don't even remember who survived, if anyone. I didn't care about any of the characters.
    7 Cult (11?) - Since Coven to present have been disappointing IMO, I didn't want to watch this new season, but my wife wanted to check it out. We normally watch a TV show on our DVR while eating dinner. Unfortunately, this season you really can't eat and watch this show. The gross out factor is way higher than the scary factor which is probably been true for this series for a while now. I would prefer more scary than gross, hence why I don't want any of the Saw movies. Anyway, we watched 5 episodes and we currently have 5 un-watched on our DVR. My wife said to delete them. Should we give them a shot? I don't even know how many more episodes there are...maybe one or two more. I don't know why the writers don't give us one person to care about. They're all bad people, even the good people.