american version

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by scotlands_chancellor, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scotlands_chancellor Jedi Padawan

Last week i was watching aotc on dvd,but the next day on sky i saw it again and wen i saw it on sky i noticed a different scene!!where anakin chases the changilum into the club he and obi wan have a more lenghtier talk aboot anakin having not learned anything!this was not on my dvd, only obi 1 saying patience use the force then another few seconds an thats it,am i rite and is there any other bits which i dnt have????????

Bob edit: Moving to AOTC forum
  2. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    Really? What exactly was missing on your DVD. I'm curious. I never knew that the British version was edited differently.
  3. WLDB Jedi Master

star 4
    Really? What the hell is wrong with our DVDs? GL has some explaining to do.
  4. Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Am I the only one who is confused here?
  5. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Probably not. I do know in the Jango/Obi fight there was a headbutt scene that was cut in the UK release.
  6. SLAVE2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That scene is certainly not in the UK DVD version (I don't think it was in the US one either), and I don't remember seeing it on the TV one (although it has been a while since I saw it on Sky). Perhaps scotlands_chancellor is just remembering the Forbidden Love trailer which showed the "You have learnt anything Anakin" part of the scene.
  7. vladimir_imp Jedi Knight

star 2
    I believe that the only edit between US and UK version was the 1/2 second "head butt" shot during the Jango and Obi-Wan fight. Our censors here don't like head butting after lots of playground accidents, and so this 1/2 second would have changed the rating to a '12'. For the sake of one shot, Lucasfilm preferred the PG rating.

The scene mentioned above was in one of the trailers, and in the screenplay you can see another edit. Anakin says "I love you" followed by "you're the closest thing I have to a father". In the film I think they just cut the audio because you can still see Anakin's mouth moving.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.