main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

America's Army: Operations

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DUM-4, Jul 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DUM-4

DUM-4 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 1999
    Thought it's time to start a topic about this game since the "Recon" version is being released at Fileplanet the 4th of July. From what i've read, it sounds really interesting. Those of you that want to know more can check out the Gamespy Preview or the Official Site which has links to the "Soldiers" game and the "Operations" game.

2. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    i think its gonna be good. they promised to have the game out by july, but they cant deliver the whole package so they are going in installments. We play this version, then in a month or two they release the next package of maps/schools. i think its a good idea.

finally the army is putting its massive recruitment budget into something thaty would actually do some good. Go Army!

3. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Actually they're claiming that this is not a recruitment device. Whatever.

Anyway, I'm really looking foward to this. Unfortunately, I'll be on vacation for the first four days of its existence.

4. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    Sounds like they have a good policy on TKing.

When asked about the topic of friendly fire (a hot topic for team-based shooters), Capps stated that it's being taken pretty seriously. Players shooting their own teammates will be kicked from servers immediately, and repeat offenders run the risk of being banned completely. "We have persistent characters and unique player names," explains Capps, "if this thing happens to you a lot, or if our in-game server admins are getting frequent complaints, then we'll disable the account ? we'll make sure we can provide a safe experience."

5. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    i just want to play a game with more 'realizm' then cs.

6. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    i ordered it, how can I refuse a free game? So it should be coming any day now?

7. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    MSNBC live is about to do an interview or something about the game with the guy that created it.

8. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    HERE is the MSNBC story.

9. bountyhunter2999

bountyhunter2999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I can't wait!!!

10. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    *cough* Recruiting advertisement *cough*

11. Macho

Sep 21, 2001
    what class are you going to be? Sniper, Ranger, Paratrooper or the otherone i cant remember? I want to be a ranger, but i'll probably try them all out...is there a set date its supposed to be coming?

12. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    unfortunatly in the first installment there will only be BT, rifle range, and command schools. the Ranger, Airborne, Sniper, and SpecOps schools are all coming later. but still i cant wait for a good new game thats FREE!

13. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    "*cough* Recruiting advertisement *cough*"

Ummm, yeah. Tell us something we don't know. You're acting like they're denying that.

From the MSNBC Interview: While it is meant to be fun, the two-game set also was designed as a recruitment tool.

?With this game we hope to educate young Americans and present them with a realistic, engaging view of today?s modern Army and its opportunities," said Lt. Col. Casey Wardynski, head of the Office of Economic & Manpower Analysis at West Point and the originator of the game.

I think it's a good Idea.

14. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    Everyone, you can get Recon on fileplanet now! go download it and dont wait to get started!

15. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    Thanks for the heads-up.

16. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000

Ummm, yeah. Tell us something we don't know. You're acting like they're denying that.

HAHAH well every forum needs a captain obvious.

Free game=WIN, even if it is a recruit ment to go kill whoever the US is pissed at this week.

17. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    From The Official Site:

"In less than 24 hours, the 'Recon' version of America's Army: Operations will be made available for download. For those of you who are counting-off each minute, the game will be made available on Thursday, 4 July at 00:01am PST -- or at 03:01am EST. No need to keep refreshing your browser every 5 seconds for the next 13 hours! Get out of the house while you still can, cause once you start playing AA:eek: RECON -- you won't want to leave! Hooah!!"

Looks like someone decided to put it up early. Fileplanet may have the US Army knocking at it's front door soon. :p

18. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    //walks in with a m-16

FILEPLANET GUYS ARE OUR NEXT TARGET, THEY HAVE SCREWED UP OOUR ENTIRE PLAN OF MAKING THE YOUTH OF AMERICAN ALL JOIN THE ARMY ON JULY 4TH THEY MUST BE ERADICATED AND THE YOUTH THRY TOUCHED!!!!

//points troopers to m-16s and boom bombs

19. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    You can also d/l it HERE

20. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    Why are there army guys at my door with papers for me to sign!!!!??!~ helpz me dum-canoli yours my only hopes~!

21. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    Obviously you didn't read the small print when you hit the download button. [face_plain]

Nooooooooo! I had 5 min left in line, and the window refreshed to a "The Page Cannot Be Found". :mad:

22. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    wheee

a hour left on my download ///////

23. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    yup downloaded and played. unfortunatly i cant do anything other then rifle training until they bring up their registrations. but it was fun to shoot the drill sergant and go to jail ;)

24. Macho

Sep 21, 2001
    41 minutes left dinner and a shower then bam i'm playing. I'm guessing registration will be up tomorrow unless they int working on the 4th. those this version have online game play or is that farther on the road of development?

25. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    this is the full version of the game. as released now. more will be added later, this is just to start people off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.