main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

America's Army: Operations

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DUM-4, Jul 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    what would be sweet but kinda scarry if this was like ender's game and they we are really leading a real group of people into war? Or atleast the best of the best people are

2. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    is the one we got yesterday not the full version? on all the sites it says we should be able to do all the training and I can only do the rifle

3. DUM-4

DUM-4 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 1999
    I read a thread on the official site that stated every month or 2 it would be updated with training for different classes.

4. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    well thats good cause now i can waste two days every 2 months to download that stuff

5. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    has anyone else seen the messages? that the game was more popular then they expected. what where they expeceting? tweenty people? LOLLOLLOL, way more then they ever expected.

6. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    If anyone else is having trouble downloading from the US servers, try the link on the first page of this thread. It's an Aussie site by the look of it, but it's fast. I was getting around 185K a second download speeds from there.

7. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    About to try it now...

8. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    For the Record in the Recon version of Army Opperations:

Rifle Qualifing- attainable levels:
    Marksmen --
    Sharpshooter --
    Expert --
    -----------------------------------
    Obstical course
    US weapons
    MOUT training

Multiplayer-
    About 10 maps include-
    Bridge Assault
    HQ Raid
    Tunnel escape

Edit: As for now Sniper, Airborne, and Ranger schools are disabled. Along with that are the missions that go along with them.

9. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    All I have left for training is the MOUT level. The few times I have found an open server, I haven't been able to connect. I think the best ping I've seen is around 400, but most are 1000 to 3000.

10. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    how well have you done on rifle qualifacation? the best i have done is 35/40 all i need for expert is 36. so close yet so far. the bridge map is the best. my secret, m-16/203, when you see one or two bad guys, put a 40mm right in their face at 75m.

11. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Argh, the servers are still horrible. I beat the basic training shooting on my first try, 25/40 I believe. I'm still waiting to get in some online action though.

12. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    There's a bug that really won't let you do that. It is so damn annoying, too. I can't wait until they get it fixed, so I can move on to the advanced training exercises. Like 82nd Airborne.

I wonder... do they let foriegn countries participate? Obviously they won't be a recruiting canidate.

13. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    I downloaded the game from an Australian server, so they have it and play it, I would guess. They probably get bad pings because none of the servers are over there though.

It always seems like these big online games that come out (EQ, WW2 online, this, etc.) all have screwed up launches with their servers. Hopefully SWG will go smoothly.

14. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    Yeah, it better. I'm going to give half of my life to that game.

15. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Anyone been able to complete the MOUT training yet? Every time I check the servers, the HomeLAN ones are always empty and the 2 or 3 others are full. Also, I've heard that even if you do get in, the server might not register that you passed. Oh well, hopefully they'll get it worked out.

16. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I came to the conclusion yesterday that even if this is a recruitment tool for the army, I'm safe because apparently, I am rock stupid. I'm on the obstacle course, and I cannot seem to get over the part where you have to climb the wall, cross the beam and go down the net. I've climbed down the net, I've jumped off the wall, I've sidestepped down the wall... and no matter what happens, I always here "That might be your way, but it's not the army's way..." and have to do it again. The only way I seem to be able to get up the second wall (the sloped one, after the beams) is to hop up it. I've looked up the wall at all sorts of angles, and can't climb it normally. But, the instructor doesn't stop me when I hop and normally he stops me right away if I have done something wrong. Is there a trick I'm missing?

17. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    Wampas, I had that problem too at first, but it seems that happens if you get too close to the sides of the obstacle. Stay in the center so you don't hit the support logs and you should be fine.

18. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    I actually got into the MOUT training, but my team ended up sucking pretty bad, so I didn't move on. [face_plain]

19. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Thanks Dum, I'll have to try that out, though I would have thought in all my attempts, I would have done it already. So do you just use jump to get up the sloped wall? It was the only way that worked for me... seemed wrong though.

20. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    No, you just climb up it, and when you get to the top, turn around and climb down.

21. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    i just checked the official site and apperantly they are releasing sniper school on july 25! airborne and ranger schools are comming in mid august. too bad i cant get expert on the rifle range. has anyone else made expert?

22. Kenobi217

Kenobi217 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2002
    Well, I just finished downloading Direct X 8.1, after installing America's Army and getting an error when I tried to load it..hopefully it will work after I install DX8.1

EDIT:I just downloaded it, and it's very choppy and hard to aim..I probably have an inferior computer..oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.