main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amidala Gowns

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by SoloLeia, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloLeia

SoloLeia Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2005
    Hello, I'm new here, and wasn't sure where to get started - there's so many pages to go through, so sorry for asking stuff, that's probably been asked a million times and more :)
    I'm desperate to get a Amidala outfit, however, I can't sew, so I'll probably have to find someone who can, and then pay them to do it.
    I've been looking to buy one online, but the only thing I can find is the red gown, that's sold about everywhere - but that's really not my favourite gown.
    Since I can't sew, I don't think I'll be good at making patterns either, so I was wondering - do you guys make your own patterns? And in that case, does any of you have yours still, that I can maybe have or buy? I'm especially interested in Amidalas picnic gown, her packing gown or the water gown from ROTS. (not all of them of course)
    Does anyone have some patterns I can use? Please? :)

2. Jayne

Jayne Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2002
    Any tips or tricks or pattern suggestions are going to be in the threads about the dresses. You don't have to go through all the pages, though. If you look at the first thread in the forum, entitled "READ THIS FIRST - Welcome to the forum and thread index" there is a category on Padme and her outfits by movie, and you can find the threads easily that way. Also, there is a rule against talking about selling unliscenced costumes. I don't think you violated it, but just so you know we can't just tell you the names of people that will make the whole costume for you. I'm pretty sure patterns are game, though, so go ahead and look at the index, and if you have any more questions post in one of those threads.

3. electrakitty

electrakitty Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2005
    All that Jayne said is perfectly right. I'd just like to add welcome to the forums, browse about a bit and perhaps you'll get bitten by the costuming bug and need to learn to do it too :)

4. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, an easy way out is to select the costume you want, find a local tailor/seamstress/costume shop, read up about the construction/parts breakdown of the costume and print out as many clear reference photos as possible of it, maybe get the materials yourself and get the tailor/seamstress/costume shop to do it for you.

I still do that for those Gowns I lack the skills or time in making. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.