main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amidala is the Key : An Amidala in Training History

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Glad is June, Jun 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    Amidala rushed back to the other room. She found Obi-Wan blissfully sleeping. Under his head his upper tunics were neatly folded. Over him was his robe. She had a strange glimpse of what she could only interpret was Obi-Wan as a teenager. Only she somehow knew it wasn't Obi-Wan. She almost knelt next to him to wake him. Then she remembered his warning about waking someone who had been in combat. So instead she called his name before getting too close.

"Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan, wake up."

Obi-Wan opened his eyes. Amidala was struck by the color. Midnight blue. The Force was flowing very strongly in him.

"Umm? Hello Amidala." He said sleepily. "What have you been up to?"

"I think it's more of a case of what have YOU been up to."

"What do you mean?" Obi-Wan stretched.

"How do you feel?"

"Fine. Why?" Obi-Wan sat up. "Whoa, why is the room spinning?" Obi-Wan grabbed his head with one hand and placed the other on the floor to steady himself.

"It's not the room. It is you."

"What?"

"Come." L'eau Toujours called to them. "We must get you hidden into shipment cases before the surveillance droids power up."

Obi-Wan tried to stand but found he needed Amidala's help. She sat him on a crate to help him get his tunics back on. "Maybe you had better tell him what you have done." Amidala looked directly at L'eau Toujours.

L'eau Toujours noticed Obi-Wan's navel as Amidala helped him into his first layer. He swallowed hard and asked timidly. "Is that the Place of Life?"

"Yes, that is what the others called it." Obi-Wan responded. "I suppose you want to touch it too."

"No it is not met for me, child of the Nereid."

"Is that where you put them inside him?" Amidala was now glaring at L'eau Toujours.

"Amidala, what's wrong with you? Why are you so angry?"

"Obi-Wan you may not be happy when you find out."

"Find out what?" Obi-Wan got to his feet to put his robe on. He found the room still insisted on spinning. It made him nauseous.

"Will you tell him what you have done or shall I." Amidala's tone was now very demanding. What Obi-Wan often referred to as her "Queenly" tone.

"Amidala, you don't have to be so-"

"Oh good grief." Amidala took Obi-Wan's hand and laid it on his abdomen over his navel. "Reach out with the Force. What do you feel?" Obi-Wan gave her a look she had seen Qui-Gon use with Anakin. "Just do it." She shot back.

What Obi-Wan felt made him sit down again. What Obi-Wan felt was life. Not just one life or 2. Not even just 50 lives. What he felt were hundreds of lives. At that moment he knew what his grandmother had meant. Yes he had taken her place and he would see the Dryad young ones. There were some 200 inside him.

"When the Force surged. The young ones were being created." Obi-Wan looked incredulous. Then he gaped at L'eau Toujours. "Why didn't you tell me?"

L'eau Toujours frowned. "You didn't know?"

"No."

"I am sorry. It seems that we have taken advantage of you. Please we must hide you so you can leave on schedule. I will send word with your droid not to fake a delay. If the young ones grow too much inside you, you will not be able to hide them. Come. We must hurry. You may be only 1/4th Nereid but you are strong in the Force and they are feeding on it through you."

"I'm not sure how much I can hurry." Obi-Wan moaned getting on his hands and knees to go back through the tunnel.

"If you were full Nereid you would not feel ill so quickly." L'eau Toujours told Obi-Wan as he helped the rescuers into a shipment case. L'eau Toujours turned his head in the direction of the factory entrance. Others were signaling him the surveillance droids were coming back online. For some reason a Neimoidian was coming into the factory. "Forgive me again. I am afraid we must violate you once again and you too, My Lady." With that he and Été Breaze laid their hands on Obi-Wan and Amidala. Both were in a deep trance in an instant.

But this was different. Amidala was surprised in this trance s

2. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    Weird... Your story's getting more and more complicated, Glad is June! But it's good anyway. Very different.

3. Angel_of_Naboo

Aug 18, 2000
  4. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    I hope there's a new post soon! :)

5. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Is anyone else interested in a Dorme or Corde action figure being made? If you are here is a link to to sign a petition.

http://www.petitiononline.com/Dorme/petition.html

Sorry about the long time between post but I seem to only find 15 to 30 minutes to write each day. Now on with the story.

"That's it Mic one more check point down. I'm going to go see our guest." This had to be one for the record books. Nothing could have surprised Lillith more than R2 informing them not to fake a delay. It would have been so easy. The Nemoidian in charge definitely liked Corellian ale. All she would have had to do was offer him a few extra bottles for his permission to stay. One look at Obi-Wan told Lillith it was a good thing they had left. She had only seen pictures of Obi-Wan that green before. After the infamous zoo trip. "You can stop shielding now. We are well past the sensors."

"Thank God." Was Amidala's let out a sigh of relief.

"Padme, do you still want to get Obi-Wan up and walk him around some?"

"Yes. The disc said that it was important he not lay still very long. Keep moving as long as he could." Amidala held out a hand to Obi-Wan. "Come on Obi-Wan up you go."

"No."

"What?"

"No. Leave me alone. I don't want to get up."

"You said you needed to-"

"I do. Just bring me a bottle or something."

"Obi-Wan Kenobi you have to get up sometime. Besides you need to take a shower."

"No."

"Yes. You'll feel better afterward." Amidala coaxed in a sweet voice.

"How do you know?" Obi-Wan shot back.

"Well I know you will smell better. Come on."

"No."

Lillith stood back and let the 2 younger people work it out. They did. With Obi-Wan getting up and being helped to the refresher.

"Sure you can manage in there on your own?" Lillith asked. "A day ago I know several females besides myself who would have willingly volunteered to help you in the shower. Or with something else. My what a difference a day can make."

"Your just a barrel of laughs, aren't you? I'll manage." There was silence except for a few grunts and moans. "Uhh?.Amidala? Lillith?"

"Yes?" the 2 women answered together.

"Maybe you had better send RG and Mic in here. I guess I could use some help. The room keeps spinning."

The women exchanged a smile and got out of the way of the droids.

"Let's go get some '"Joe"' and something to eat." Lillith suggested.

"That sounds like a good idea." Amidala agreed. "Even the smell of food seems to bother him. It's best if we eat now."

The two women settled in the galley.

"Lillith is there anyway we can get out of Neimoidian space quicker?"

"I could push my engines faster. It wouldn't hurt the engines. Except.."

"Except what?"

"Well, I would rather they didn't know how fast I can really go. Just in case we have to out run them. Amidala, are you forgetting the check points? They have all the space lanes in their territory sown with sensors. I have to give a special access code to get past them. If I deviate or move too fast they could pull my ship out of hyperspace."

"You're right I was forgetting." Amidala shook her head. "I must be more tired than I realized. It's just that I'm afraid we are going to have a problem in another day or 2."

"What kind of problem?"

"The check points also scan the ship as we pass, don't they."

"Yes."

"The life forms inside Obi-Wan are growing very fast."

"I noticed. But you've been able to shield them."

"So far we have. They are getting stronger. Developing their own unique connection to the Force. We were told that if they grew too strong the Neimoidians would know about them. He's been running a low grade temperature. That's why he's been sweating so much. I know it may not make much sense but I think it's heat from the life forms in him."

"I don't get it. Are the things inside him just a life force like some kind of energy? Or is there actual flesh to them?"

"From the informati

6. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
  7. Angel_of_Naboo

Aug 18, 2000
    "Come on Obi-Wan up you go."
    "No."
    "What?"
    "No. Leave me alone. I don't want to get up."
    "You said you needed to-"
    "I do. Just bring me a bottle or something."
    "Obi-Wan Kenobi you have to get up sometime. Besides you need to take a shower."
    "No."
    "Yes. You'll feel better afterward." Amidala coaxed in a sweet voice.
    "How do you know?" Obi-Wan shot back.
    "Well I know you will smell better. Come on."
    "No."

LOL [face_laugh] Nice, funny post, Glad is June!

8. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Thanks for the response Angel I was begining to wonder if anyone was out there.

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I loved the shower line too. That was a great post, June! :)

10. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Just a reminder to people. I use ~ " around what someone is thinking and not saying outloud

"Feeling better?" Amidala inquired as Obi-Wan emerged.

"All fresh and flowery." Was Obi-Wan's short reply.

"Well you do smell better I will agree with that." They walked Obi-Wan up and down the corridor until he begged to lay down. They settled him on his bunk again. Amidala laid a cool hand on Obi-Wan's forehead. "Obi-Wan I don't like that you don't even want water to drink. I'm going to start an IV. Understand?"

"Uhmm." Obi-Wan nodded his head slightly.

Lilith watched from the hatch. If she hadn't seen it with her own eyes she never would have believed it. Obi-Wan lay quietly as Amidala inserted the needle. He had to be in a bad way if he took the needle without any argument.

"Try to sleep." Amidala whispered when she was finished.

The whole time they had walked Obi-Wan, Lilith debated pulling out some of her Corellian "tricks of the trade". Watching Obi-Wan accept the IV convinced her. She went looking for Mick.

Always before Lilith could count on Mick being in his place in the cockpit. But on the way to Naboo Anakin hadn't been able to sleep. Anakin had cut Mick out of the bulkhead and disconected him from the Scorpion's main systems. Anakin dug around in Lilith's spare parts and found struts with rotors. Mick was thoroughly enjoying his mobility. Lilith doubted Mick would ever allow himself to be welded in again. She was glad the Scorpion wasn't any larger. It was hard enough to find him as it was. Usually where she found Mick she also found RG19.

"Mick!" Lilith called as she entered the cockpit. R2-D2 was monitoring the auto pilot and beeped at her. That's what Mick should have been doing. He must have convinced R2-D2 to take over. "Have you seen Mick?"

Lilith looked at the screen that translated R2's signals. A beep in the affirmative.

"Where?"

Some more beeps.

"I know on the ship. But where on the ship?"

"Beep, whistle beep squawk."

"Yes, all over the ship." Damn this little droid cold be evasively literal when he wanted to be. "But since Obi-Wan got out of the shower. Where's the last place you saw him?" More beeps and whistles. "In here. Great."

"Is he connected to any of the computers?"

A negative. "Ooooh." Then, "Beep beep beep." And what sounded like a coo with a question mark at the end.

"No. I'll look for him myself. You keep an eye or sensor on the auto pilot. If anything comes up call me."

"Beep?"

"I don't know how. It's not like you're on a first rate ship of the line. Squeal real loud or something."

"Ooohh."

Lilith left R2 tooting happily to himself and started a methodical search of the service corridors. Where the Sith was Mick? Lilith stopped to ask Amidala if RG was doing anything for her. The answer was no. Lilith was 99% sure the 2 droids were somewhere together. Lilith reached the aft of the ship without any success at finding the 2 missing droids. She started back forward. Then it hit her. One of the hidden compartments. That's were they had to be. And it had to be in one of the larger ones. Lilith quietly removed a panel. Droid language and giggles met her ears.

"MICK!!!" Lilith bellowed into the compartment. There was a loud 'thunk!'

Mick's holo image appeared just before his metal body. The image was rubbing his head. Lilith smiled Mick had picked up some human mannerisms.

"Yes, Captain." It was a hard hit from the sound of it. Hard enough for him to act as though his circuits were scrambled a bit.

"Have you checked out the experimental Clone Droid I won from the Neimoidian?"

"No Captain. I've been ?uhh ? busy." Mick's image glanced down into the compartment.

A slight move of his hand got Lilith's curiosity up. It was almost like he was telling someone to stay down.

"What's going on?"

"Going on, Captain?"

"Who is in there with you?"

"Uh .. in there Captain? I am not in there, Captain. I'm out here."

Lilith couldn't belie

11. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, dear, sounds like everything is going wrong that could go wrong. Obi-Wan not feeling well enough to protest against a needle, two droids doing the Hanky Panky, and now RG-19 wanting to call Lilith "Sir". :D

12. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    great postie!

13. Angel_of_Naboo

Aug 18, 2000
    Droid babies, huh? Naaa... ;)

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Great post, June! ;)

15. Angel_of_Naboo

Aug 18, 2000
  16. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    OMG! this is soo goood!

17. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    ( TRACER BUOYS : Since I am referring to the Scorpion's forward sensors I wanted to call the Nemoidian sensors in the space lane that they needed to send a clearance code to something different.)

The prototype of the clone droid was one of a kind. The first and only built. it would work only on a smaller ship. Not only appearing to be the real ship but cloaking the real ship as well. It wasn't powerful enough to emulate a Nemoidian battle ship or large cruiser. Lilith's interest in the experimental droid was about the only thing she hadn't had to fake.

In fact she had had to play rather indifferent to it. Finally allowing the Neimoidian to talk her into a game of cards. She wanted that clone droid as much as the Neimoidian wanted RG19. If not more. The Neimoidians were a devious race. It wasn't as easy as Lilith had thought it would be to win the game. She was glad the Neimoidian had had plenty to drink. Still the stakes got so high she had to bet everything. That included RG19, R2D2 and Mick. When she finally got the cards she needed the Scorpion was the only thing left to bet. Mick had not been happy with her. He had reminded her in code repeatedly that they were on a job already. He also didn't appreciate being put on the table in a card game.

When the Neimoidian handed over the droid he laughed in that sick way of his. "It woooont do you mmmuch gooood. The Dryad who built it is deaaad. Before his deaaath he destroooyed the plans and inssstructions. We haven't been aaaable to get it to work for 20 yeaaars. I got the best of yooouuu, a Coreeellian."

Lilith faked shock. Then poured them both some more ale. "Yes you did. But it was an interesting game never the less."

"We were going to mmmelt it doownn. Do you waant one of the ssslaves to take it to the ssscrap pile?"

"No. I think I'll keep it as a souvenir. Hang it in my cabin to remind me."

"Of whaat?"

"If something sounds to good to be true? It is."

But it was true. The Clone Droid would work. On their other run here one of the Dryad had slipped the instructions to Mick. As soon as they had taken off Mick had spat them out saying they tasted bad and were uncomfortable. He didn't like things jammed into his crevices where they didn't belong.

~ "Maybe my betting him is why he is acting so strange. I'll try to make it up to him later. But then he has been acting strange ever since he first met RG19. All I really know is I want this job over and done with so I can collect my promised reward." ~

"OK. Everyone here goes." Lilith stated. There was a whish as the droid was shot into space. They could hear a hum as it activated cloning and cloaking the Scorpion. "Lets see if this thing does what the instructions said it would. Supposedly because the cloaking is around but not connected to the Scorpion we should be able to see space around us."

"The forward sensors are working but .." Mick searched for an appropriate description. "Hazy? They aren't as clear as usual. I don't think they are powerful enough to read clearly through the cloaking field."

"Humm? That doesn't surprise me. It does that we can see anything at all. The Neimoidian I talked to bragged about how their space lane tracer buoys were so good they never had to change their locations. They have permanent space stations in regular space near each buoy's location. We don't have to worry to much about what's behind us. Mick you'll have to keep a close watch on the forward sensors. If we crash into the back of another ship that will end this trip real fast." Lilith ordered flipping more switches to see if she could make the screen clearer. It did improve but still fluctuated somewhere between complete static and half clear.

"Captain with the speed we will be making, will you be able to avoid ships in our line of flight? We wont have much warning. What if the screen is obscured for more than a second?"

"It will make for a challenge that's for sure. Mick are you su

18. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    wow! love how you put life into the droids!

19. juwannajedi

Mar 23, 2000
    yay! another great post! I love seeing Lilith... And Mick makes me :D

20. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    "How?" Lilith inquired.

"If R2 plugs into the main computer RG and I can connect to him and increase his power." Mick explained. "By connecting to him we also increase his storage abilities and speed his processing time. We will work as one more powerful unit. Instead of 3 separate droids."

"It sounds like a good idea. Why do you and RG seem hesitant to do it, Mick?"

"You have to understand, Captain. If we connect this way R2 will absorb all the knowledge RG and I have accumulated the whole time we have been activated. He will also know everything there is to know about the Scorpion. How willing are you to share that?"

Lilith really didn't like that idea. Maybe there was a way to avoid it. "So if the 3 of you can connect why don't the others supplement you, Mick?"

"It wouldn't work."

"Oh, come on. I know you and RG have been connected to each other."

Mick's holo image looked uncomfortable and RG was blushing again. R2 let out a childlike "OOOH?"

"Well, you see, Captain, RG and I are fairly equal in power. Oddly enough a lot of our components are close the same age. I don't understand how that worked out but it's true." Mick looked pensive. "It might be that we have both been augmented and adapted to various duties over the years. Though I've mostly been a gunner and she a recorder of history."

"Mick forget the analysis." Lilith ordered him. "Why can't they supplement you?"

"Yes Captain. RG and I don't share each others knowledge the same way R2 would absorb ours. R2 is newer than us. His circuitry is made to handle more energy. His memory banks can hold more too. I for one am not as young as I once was. He shouldn't overload. We both think R2's can handle it."

"But you don't know for sure."

"No, Captain. We don't know for sure."

"What's the worst that could happen? R2 overload and short out?"

"We all 4 could overload and short out."

"I take it by 4 you are including the Scorpions main computer."

"I'm including the Scorpion herself, Captain. If the Scorpion goes so does that Clone Droid."

21. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
  22. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Once more Lilith wondered how she got herself into this situation. Lilith sighed. "Seems we're between a rock and a hard place. I can't think of anything else to increase our power. I don't like it but I suppose I could do a memory wipe on anything R2 learns from you and the Scorpion."

A shocked cry in Dorid came from RG and R2. R2 seemed to shiver. RG placed a protective arm around R2 and made some comforting sounds to the little droid.

"NO!" Mick's holo image crossed his arms over his chest. He stared hard at his captain. "No memory wipes."

"Mick! Don't-" Lilith started to order the droid.

Mick holo image held up a hand. "I know what you are going to say. Remember neither of them is in your service. You can not order any kind of memory wipe for them. Only R2 will know all I and the Scorpion know. I won't allow the boy to be memory wiped. You don't understand the terror those words cause a droid. I will read the screen the best I can by myself." Mick's image turned to the other 2. "You 2 go back to your mistress. You'll be safe there away from the Captain." The last 4 words had a hard edge to them. "And both of you stay away from the, Captain." Mick ordered the others in away Lilith had never seen him act before. Droids weren't suppose to have emotions. But she would have had to be made of stone not to feel it.

"But Mick," RG objected. "You need our help."

Mick raised a claw and took RG's hand. "Take the youngster and go. I know what I'm doing."

~ "Take the youngster and go. I know what I'm doing?" ~ Now Lilith shivered. Her father had spoken those words to her mother once. It was a memory she tried not to think about. Usually she could gloss over it. But here it was.

It was the first time Lilith became aware of how precarious a spacers life was. Now she thought. ~ "I was no taller than R2." ~ They were traveling in a group. They were in trouble. Her father had sent her mother and her to another ship. He took their ship with a couple of others and led there pursuers away from the group. In the process her father was captured. Once the group was safe. As safe as spacers could be. Her mother organized a rescue.

No one believed it could be done. Not even the people on the ships that made it back. The odds against rescuing 2 men from a Hutt strong hold? No one wanted to think of the odds. It became a revealing picture of her mother. She argued for the rescue. "We're all in this together."

Lilith wasn't suppose to be there. She was suppose to be asleep. But Lilith wasn't the only "sleeping" child in the room. An old Calimarian who her father had served with as a teenager had taken Lilith into his arms so she could see what was happening.

Lilith's mother stood in the middle of the room. "Don't tell me the odds. If none of you will go I'll go by myself."

"How?" The question was from an older man who Lilith knew didn't like her father. What was his name? Soho? Solo? Sodo? Years later Lilith found out he was a rejected suitor of her mother's. The rescue was successful. Lilith had heard the story told in numerous bars and cantinas over the years. Any place spacers gathered. Usually she sat and listened not letting anyone know who she was. Amazingly the story had stayed very factual. Perhaps because the truth was more exciting and clever than any fiction could create. Only once had a someone said the story was total fabrication. If that Hutt was still claiming the story was a lie, it was from his cell in Hell.

Lilith saw she herself was a strange combination of both her parents. Mick's holo image reminded her of a young version of her father right now. ~ " Dad aged over the years. Mick never will. Is that why I chose that image?" ~ Lilith was old enough to fend for herself before the family was separated again. Her mother wouldn't allow it.

"We're all in this together." Lilith heard herself saying her mother's words. "Hook R2 the main computer. No memory wipes. But I do expect R2 never to reveal his

23. juwannajedi

Mar 23, 2000
    sorry i haven't been on TFN lately June!

heh. I love all the background for R2's unique knowledge base!!!

24. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    I need to let everyone know I'm still here and there is a lot more to write on all my stories. Between Darth Real Life and other obligations I haven't had time to write.

25. Angel_of_Naboo

Aug 18, 2000
    Up!
    No problem June, take your time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.