main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amidala Theed gown

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by jadedknights, Dec 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jadedknights

jadedknights Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2002
    I know this is a bit late, Episode II and all, but this is to those that have made the theed gown. Could someone please tell me what type of fabric that they used for the red of the dress? I've got all the fixins except the red fabric. Please help?

2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I have done the dress, but I used polyester which is the wrong material to use but at the time I was trying to make it look like the matel doll and that is the material they used. I know many people have used velvet or silk velvet to create their gowns. I am redoing my gown in silk velvet as well with the matching cording running through the seams.
    If you have the headdress figured out or how you will make the globes light up, I would be interested in hearing about it.
    My advise: do not buy the Don Post headpiece, I did just because Halloween was around the corner 3 years ago and the latex has now dried up and the headpiece is cracking apart!!

3. jadedknights

Nov 26, 2002
    Thank you! Silk velvet ... hmmm. Nice touch. Thanks for the warning on the headpiece, I was looking at one and couldn't decide on it. But once I figure out the lights on the bottom, I promise to share!

4. JennMadison

JennMadison Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2002
    I too would be interested in making this outfit. Does anyone have any ideas for pattern or headdress?

5. jadedknights

Nov 26, 2002
    I'm making an adult-sized one and also a child size. I found a McCalls pattern #3861 view B for a start. The top needs to be modified and the skirt longer. (I least am trying! ;) Ewww the headdress part... anyone else?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.