main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Amiry's Fan Art. [updated 02.21.06]

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Amiry, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I don't draw nearly as often as I used to because I don't have as much time anymore, but I thought I'd post one of my more recent pieces here. :D I drew this shortly after buying the trilogy on DVD, so it's sort of old...

Princess Leia

I've also got a question; there isn't a general art of Star Wars board, so I thought I might throw this into my post. Does anyone have a decent image of the Star Wars Rocks poster by Hugh Fleming? I've searched nearly everywhere and links to his website turn out to be a 404. :confused:

[edited for spelling errors. >_<;]

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hi there, Amiry! :)

Your rendering of Leia is fabulous. I think you chose a very dynamic pose and the style works well with it. I'm not really a fan of anime or anything near it, but I think it works well with your particular piece. :)

As for your question - I know the exact art print you're talking about. It appeared in an issue of the Insider, correct? I'll see if I can hunt it down.

As for a general art board, I'm working to try and turn Fan Art into a place to discuss anything related to art. There are quite a few threads in the works that reflect on this. Be sure to look out for them in the future. In the mean time, feel free to discuss anything related to art. It's all welcomed here. ;)

3. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Yes, a very nice sketch ;) Make yourself at home!

4. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Thanks guys! :D Whenever I draw it usually comes out either anime/manga, comic book style or a mix of the two. It's kinda weird. ^-^

HanSolo29, I had that issue of the Insider and I pulled out the pages (I donated my old issues to my high school art class) cause I liked it so much. I can't find them though now, so I've been looking for it online to no avail. It was featured with a really cool article about Star Wars in Pop/Rock music. I wish I could find it. -_-

5. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
  6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, I have attempted to hunt down this poster for you and I was unable to find it on the web. However, I do have this issue of the Insider and I took a pic of it with my digital camera, but I'm without Photoshop at the moment and I'm using Gimp. For the life of me, I can't get it to resize so I can post it(I'm up to HERE with this stinkin' Gimp program).

So, as soon as I get PS back(within the next few days), I'll post it up for you. :)

7. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Aww, thanks HanSolo29!!! XD

8. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    You've all probably seen them but here's my submissions for the February and March fan art challenges. I just thought I should update my thread. More to come! I'm working on a Luke sketch presently. :)

February challenge -
    Han Solo

March challenge -
    Darth Vader

...and bonus:
    Amiry & Vader

9. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Oh! That Han is really cool! You did the hair especially well :)

Also your Vaders are very detailed. I really like how you made his cape flow on the second one :)

10. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    These are all very beautiful pieces. :) I particularly like the second Vader.... [face_laugh] The idea is quite original!

11. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Thanks, guys! :D I didn't explain that second Vader in this thread, but I did in the challenge thread. I'll just copy what I said there to here: The second is an old pic that stemmed from a conversaton I had with a friend in high school (and was drawn in high school) when I had been doing a very short-lived webcomic. The girl in the pic is/was the main character, who pretty much represented myself. I am truly a dork.

ThrawnRocks, I remember I loved how the shading and cape turned out on the old pic. I'm glad you like it. When I draw Vader, I get very picky and anal about detail. ^-^; I'm glad you like!

corellian_chic242, LOL, thanks! Original idea indeed! I don't remember what the original joke was that started it, but I still laugh at the outcome of the pic.

12. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Well, I just finished it. Here's the Luke piece I mentioned in my previous update. :D I love how his hair and saber came out. I started this sketch on Saturday, during a FF meeting where we watched the OT. drawn with .5 mechanical pencil and coloured in Photoshop. :)

Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight

13. Ty_Ordell

Ty_Ordell Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2002
    Wow, I wish I had done that. Awesome! I Really like the pose.

14. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Very cool :cool:

Once again you did a great job on the hair esp. :)

15. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Thanks for all your wonderful comments, guys! :D

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Aww, that's really cute. I really like how you do faces - you have a certain style about them that you can tell right away you did it.

Wonderful job on Luke. He really looks great! :)

17. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Thanks, HS29! I always feel like I don't have a set style, but I guess to people other than myself, I do and I just don't see it as well. :D

18. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hey, Amiry! My first browse thru your thread and what great pieces you have here! Your style is very distinctive, as HS29 says: the way you render a likeness/face is unique, and easily identifies your work--wonderful! I love the Vader pics--very good details and movement. And I think I like the Han and Luke pieces the most: excellent facial expressions and poses. Love your work and can't wait to see some more! ;)

FF

19. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Thanks, FalconFan! Drawing Vader is a time-consuming task indeed, but fun. It forces me to pay attention to details I might not normally pay attention to. It's challenge, I guess, and that's why I like do it. :)

20. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Well, here I am with a ghetto SW-related comic.
    It's probably only really amusing to myself, but I'm sharing it anyway. :)

Concerning Spoilers

This idea occurred to me whilst chatting with someone over AIM about Episode III spoilers and how I cannot resist them. I have always read the novelization before seeing the movie. It's been my little tradition starting with Episode I.

The girl is me, the "devil" is Darth Vader and the "angel" is Obi-Wan Kenobi. Vader is trying to convince me it is a good idea to read spoilers whilst Obi-Wan is telling me not to. In the end, I flick ze Obi in favour of ze spoilers and the Dark Side. :D

I apologise for the craptastical word bubbles and such. I was too lazy to find a better way of doing it and the actual thing was far too messy. ^-^; This was drawn in about 20 minutes just this morning. Heh.

21. Duke_Chase

Duke_Chase Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005
    I love the way you depicted it I have the same fight with myself every time another movie comes out. and i usualy lose. your sketches and comics really display the idea you go for and have good character and balance to them i look forward to seeing more of your work.

22. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Thank you Duke_Chase! I'm glad I'm not the only one fighting this crazy mental batttle. Hehe. :D

23. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Haha! Really good :D

24. DkSavior02

DkSavior02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    Your work is fantastic, I agree with the others, the faces you draw are very unique and well conceved. And for the record, there has never been a better sub-title for any picture than "An insane ghetto comic."

25. DarthMaul431

DarthMaul431 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2003
    Really funny Amiry! Nice interpretation on a problem that probably faces a lot of us SW Fans (Except for me. At the first mention of any spoilers I instantly go over to the Dark Side! Haha!) I liked the part where Obi-Wan gets flicked off (even though it's clearly the Episode III Obi-Wan, I'm imagining him screaming "Nooo!" in a chipmunk Alec Guiness voice!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.