1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!

Art Archive Amiry's Fan Art. [updated 02.21.06]

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Amiry, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    academygrad88, thanks so much for the wonderful compliments. You're totally right, who wouldn't want to be cuddling up to a Farmboy?! (or his father for that matter, LOL)

FalconFan, I know, I know! I've been slacking off! >_< I get into art slumps once in a while, but right now I'm trying to work myself out of it. Doing Star Wars art helps a lot. Anywho, I was worried about the foreshortnening because sometimes I just can't get it right; I'm glad it worked out, though!

Marmida, thanks! I rather like that Amidala piece myself. I'm afraid to finish it for fear of ruining it, but I may try to later on. ^-^
  2. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. Drawn for the October Fan Art Challenge.
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/amiry/Art/masterskywalker.jpg]

Instead of doing all the billions of ideas I keep wanting to draw, I ended up doing this. Everyone's favourite farm boy, all grown up and Jedi Master-like. *tear*

I place this depiction somewhere around the New Jedi Order series, although I've not read far into that (just Vector Prime). I referenced a Mace Windu promo pic for the pose (but it's not exactly the same), as well as the Japanese cover to one of the NJO books that I quite like (which is why his hair looks that way). I don't remember which cover that is though.

I did not intend to do the picture in all pencil, but that's how it came out. And it took me forever to do. I was up all night and well into the morning (it's just after 9am now). It's good thing I'm off today. I may dig out some tracing paper and do an inked version to colour in Photoshop. I'm pretty pleased with how this came out.
  3. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    I commented on the Challenge thread, but I want to say again how much I like this drawing of Luke. =D= [face_love]

Did you see my submission for the challenge? [face_mischief] [face_blush]

AG88
  4. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    AG88, yes! I saw it! And I like it. XD And as always, thank you for the awesome comments. ^-^
  5. Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ah, yes, I've seen the promo pic before. Nice work on that. I like how you mixed bolder lines with soft ones when detailing his hair, and just the idea of 'piecing' him together (using Mace's pose to go along with Luke's face from the cover) . I'm happy that you filled it in with pencil, as it looks great and you can really tell a lot of time was put into it (time well spent), however I would like to suggest that perhaps when shading next time, to try to give it a more gradual blend (like you did in the lighter tones of his outfit) so as not to make the overlapping pencil markings so apparent (the darker toned robe). His face is perfect - you were able to properly duplicate it as there is no mistaking who this character is.

I'd also be very interested to see a coloured version of this. ;)

Great submission. :)

- Suz ^_~
  6. Bamboleo Jedi Padawan

I really admire your style. There's so much confidence in the lines and the characters just come through so strong! ALSO, its nice to see another Vader fangirl artist :) I would have LOVED to have seen vader with Padme as well, so I loved that piece especially. ALL the vaders, and the Lukes, and the Anakins...and and everything.

ehhee! IN SUMMARY, great work :)
  7. Moonshadow Jedi Master

star 4
    I haven't seen your stuff for a long time, so I'll do a little update:

Spoiler comic: Excellent! [face_laugh] You did a great job with the facial expressions. :)

Padme and Vader: Very cool idea. That would have made an interesting scene indeed.

Luke with your friend: Cute! :D [and Luke looks kinda girly now that I look back] Last time I checked, he tends to do that.... :p

Jedi Master Luke: The hair! [face_laugh] Great for an older Luke. :)

Excellent work. :) I know you just updated, but I can't wait for more.
  8. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    That's such a good picture. The face is my favourite part, it's an excellent likeness rendered in comic book style, which I think must be very tricky.
  9. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    Your_Worshipfulness, thanks so much for the comment. The lines in the shading bother me in retrospect. At the time of finishing the piece I was too tired to care and I only had one pencil handy. I'm probably goign to dig out a nice dark soft leade pencil and darken in the cloak and tabbards. I see Luke as wearing black and grey as a master. I'm also definitely going to try doing a colour version. :D

Thanks, Bamboleo! Vader fangirls UNITE! Hehe.

Moonshadow, re: Luke tending to look girly - LMAO. XD Thanks for the comments and I'm sure I'll have more up soon! :)

soitscometothis, I'm glad you like the style! I find my style changes a lot and I hardly notice until I look at it later. Your thoughts on comic book style=my thoughts on realism. Every time I attempt a realistic look, it still comes out a bit cartoony.
  10. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, here's the colour version:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/amiry/Art/masterskywalker2.jpg]

I got out some tracing paper, traced the original and inked it. I have some minor issues with how the inking came out, as I was unable to find my favourite inking pen, but I'm sure no one else will care about that; they probably won't notice. :/ Cleaned up a little of the drawing in photoshop, where I also coloured it and added effects to create a background. I'm not entirely happy with it, but whatever. It's okay.

I'm going to probably go get some new pencils since I was unable to find my old ones and do some additional work on the pencil version, which I think I prefer. I wanted to get an idea for what colour Jedi robes Luke would have, though, which is my main reason for doing this. I see him in dark coloured robes. Probably because of RotJ. :p

[edit]
    I was able to do some additional work to the pencil version. I'm probably going to go back and darken some lines next. But here it is with some improvements.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/amiry/Art/masterskywalker_v2.jpg]
  11. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Amiry, I'm sorry I didn't get to leave a comment earlier on your most recent Luke piece--loving the Jedi Master!! I'm especially fond of the pencil version (of course--pencil-freak that I am...): the way you've done the linework and then shaded it in is just beautiful! His pose is perfect--as though he's just opened his robe and taken his lightsaber hilt into his hand, ready for action--and the likeness is just wonderful! I don't really think he looks "girly"--the set to his jaw and the intensity in the expression look quite "manly" to me! ;) The colored version is great too (sympathies on not having your "favorite tools" to work with!), and I rather like the dark-colored robes--it suits him, I think!

Beautiful pieces, both--great work! :D

FF
  12. ThrawnRocks Force Ghost

star 6
    Luke looks great! I love everything about that picture. He actualy kind of looks like Anakin Skywalker as well.
  13. Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Knight

star 2
    The coloured version turned out wonderful! Nice soft shading and highlights applied and the colours do suit him (I guess it's partly due to RotJ, as you mentioned). Also like that you added the outer space looking background with a graph-grid overlay. ThrawnRocks is right - he does look a little like Anakin. Like Father, like Son, I guess. ;)

- Suz ^_~
  14. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    FalconFan, I always love what you ahve to say. ^-^ I'm glad you like both of them. I've just uploaded a second version of the pencil drawing. I'm quite fond of the colour one in some ways, annoyed in others. And teh pencil one I just can't seem to leave alone at the moment! Heh.

TrawnRocks, thank you so much! I was actually trying to make him resemble Anakin a bit. They are a lot alike in some respects. Luke is what Anakin could have been if he'd taken a different path. I'm sure I could ramble on for ages about the Skywalkers, so I'll just shut up now. :D

Your_Worshipfulness, like father like son is exactly right! ;) I'm very glad people are getting that vibe from it, because that's what I was going for. And I'm quite fond of the background, too. For once, I don't feel too lazy. XD
  15. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey! :D I am not dead, but I have been uninspired. Here's some Ben Skywalker art done for the February Challenge, and reposted here in my thread. :)

Ben is probably around 18 here. Yes, that is supposed to be Luke's [Anakin's] old lightsaber that he's holding. His hand is a bit wonky, but I'm ignoring it for now. I haven't read much of the NJO (I'm slowly working on it), but I do have an issue of Star Wars Tales in which Ben was featured.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/amiry/Art/benskywalker01.jpg]
  16. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    I finally drew myself as a Jedi (or my OC, whichever you want). I shanged her last name cause I didn't like the original (Pucha), so I made up something else (Riday). I started this in order to plan out the type of Jedi costume I'd like to make and get the coloursheme picked out. The hair style was inspired by Mulan. I also tried out some new colouring techniques. The boots, as you may be able to tell, are inspired by the design of Anakin's glove in Episode III. She has two lightsabers (only one is ignited here) and the other is sticking up on her left side, attached to her belt behind her. Both are purple in colour. I put a few stats up there for fun. Drawn in pencil, scanned and coloured in Photoshop with my Wacom which I am still getting accustomed to. I'm not entirely thrilled with how the hair came out, but couldn't get it to look right, so I gave up. May attack it again later. Anywho, I am trying to be more patient and spend more time on my work. Do let me know what you think. :D

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/amiry/Art/amirysheet.jpg]
  17. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Gah!! I missed commenting on Ben's portrait! Sorry Amiry! :oops:

And what a great portrait it is: there's really an echo of both his parents in his features, Luke in particular, in the chin/jawline area. I like his expression too--sort of cocky, but not too cocky (again, a blend of both Mom & Dad there!). The detailing on the clothing is wonderful, and so is the lightsaber--very identifiable as Luke's old weapon. A great representation!

And yourself as a Jedi--kewl!! Did this get up in the Art Challenge too, for that particular segment (yourself as a SW character)? Great costuming--and you say that you'll be creating this costume as well? Cool again! And truly, if you're "just getting used to" your Wacom, it's not showing up in your work--everything looks great to me (of course, I'm quite the "digital idiot," I'm afraid, so may not be a good judge of such things! :p ). I think the hair looks very good, although another line of highlighting closer to the part might "shape" it a bit more. Other than that, the coloring and the styling look wonderful to me. And yeah on the boots--very nice! ;) This will be a great Jedi costume--any plans on where you'll wear it?

Again, apologies on being tardy with my comments on Ben--this is great work in a great style! And keep us aprised of your progress with the costume--I'll bet it'll look fabulous!

FF
  18. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    It's okay, FF! :D I appreciate your comments no matter when you make them! I'm glad you liked my representation of Ben; I tried to make him look somewhere between Luke and Anakin with a dash of Mara. LOL. I might go back to it and apply the new stuff I've been trying out. It still just feels a little awkward using the Wacom, but I'm getting better. It is so much easier to control, hehe.

I missed the January Art Challenge cause I was having a bit of a dry spell, but I must say that's generally where the idea came from. I've been wanting to do this a while so that I could visually sort out the colours I want to use when I make my costume. I'm going to attempt to make it in time for Dragon*Con and if they do a Celebration IV and I get to go, I'd definitely wear it there as well. :) I'd wear it to Star Wars Weekends at MGM if it was done in time and it wasn't so damn hot here!
  19. Basement24 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great stuff! I really like your Jedi self-portrait. Really nice colour work there. I recently went through a dry-spell too, so no worries. It happens. Just keep up the good work! :)
  20. Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Knight

star 2
    Benny! Saw this over at Fan Art Challenge thread, but like so often, I forgot to comment on it.

I like how Deb describes him - cocky but not too cocky, and with a good likeness of both his parents. By his expression, he comes off to me as enjoying a good fight every now and then - probably being just as prone to danger as the rest of the clan Solo/Skywalker. The idea of having his grandfather's lightsaber is really interesting to me too (one that I never thought of). Great Job.

Oh wow! I love your 'Jedi-self'. The outfit is awesome. Not only was it a neat idea to incorporate a similar type of appearance of Anakin's glove on the boots, but it also adds more to the costume to make it more complete. I also very much like the colour-scheme (something which I usually have difficulty deciding on), and the overall shading on the character. I don't know if I've said this before, but I really like your drawing style. Adding the stats up in the corner makes it more fun. ^_^

- Suz ^_~
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.