main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Amithyst Sey Blade's FanArt Site

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Amithyst_Blade, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amithyst_Blade

Amithyst_Blade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Behind the Brush

I figured it's easier to post the site than the each individual picture.
    Enjoy! Tell me what you think!

2. Nefarious_21

Nefarious_21 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2006
    Hey, welcome to fan art! I visited your site...good job Blade, although I didn't find any star wars stuff, still I can tell you're highly creative, and I enjoyed the color schemes you chose for certain pieces. Maybe we can expect some star wars art from you soon?

c ya round.

-NeF

3. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Welcome! I took a look at your site, you've got some interesting pieces. I'm interested to see what kind of Star Wars work you might develop. Keep up the good work!

4. Excalibur14

Excalibur14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2006
    Hello and welcome!

I checked out your site as well, and I must say that you have some awesome raw talent, especially with the color schemes and layout. And your design for the site is equally impressive.

Well Done and hope to some more from you soon!

Excalibur14

5. Amithyst_Blade

Nov 14, 2001
    thanks you three :D

Actually I do have one piece up there... which can be found here: It's called "Blind Date"... ew actually it is kinda fuzzy... I think I moved when I took the picture. I'm going to have to correct that.

Also, I noticed my General Grievous picture and my Star Wars series post isn't up yet... sorry about that. I thought I had taken care of that before. I'll get to it tomorrow if I can. I'll let ya know when I get the pieces up of course.

Thank you for your comments and patience

You know what... I have my Grievous one up at Deviantart... the link for The General

I have some more to post later... so I'll get to updating my site :p Sorry for the inconvience. Enjoy

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello Amithyst_Blade, and I'll add my welcome to Fan Art! I, too, went to browse through some of your other work, and I agree that you have quite a talent for color and composition--some lovely abstracts as well as more realistic pieces--all very nice!

Of the SW work, I just love "Blind Date!" It really had me giggling, with the look on Padme's (?) face as she beholds her "date!" Just great! The Grievous piece is very nice, with a sort of ethereal look to the good general--the light-colored cloak and soft reflective lighting create this (for me, anyway). Excellent!

It's always great to see new artists coming in, and it's also wonderful to see someone working in the traditional media like paint (I can't paint to save my soul, lol!). We'll be looking forward with great interest to more SW pieces here--again, welcome!

FF

7. Amithyst_Blade

Nov 14, 2001
    Well thank you so much for the welcome FalconFan! :D I really appreciate your comments. Definatly helps the ego a bit ;) hehe.

You know the Blind Date, I laugh every time I see it. I created it for myself and my boyfriend; I call him Ewok and I like to think I'm the badass chick :p Actually I like Jaina Solo more, but she's not in a movie... and it's easier to capture Portman's facial expressions. I absolutely love this piece, which is why it is sticking with me forever.

sincerely,
    Amithyst Sey Blade

8. Amithyst_Blade

Nov 14, 2001
    Alrightie, this post is relevant, just please read and you'll understand
    If you can, please donate to Relay for Life. My team and I are running in memory of our friend, Kevan, who passed away from colon cancer this year. It is a 24 hour event, starting on Saturday, May 6th, 2006.

We are also raising money by selling body art we created on eBay. All money received for the auctions will go directly to Relay for Life. Local KRAB radio's Meathead, Desi & Rocky Nash are helping us out as well and have created some pieces too.

View the pieces here and bid away!

I have two pieces I've created...
    This one is not Star Wars...

This one is... I recreated the Death Star at Endor scene using body parts to paint with... pretty genius if I say so myself

Now the quality is different because body parts were used to paint instead of actual paint brushes. It is alot harder to get something to look this way without a brush, I'm telling you.

Enjoy.

9. Nefarious_21

Nefarious_21 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2006
    Blind Date is funny- and i love the color on the Ewok!
    General Grievous- has great shading- and the likeness is great too!

The planets might look cooler in one of your color schemes from your other pieces.

Anyway- Keep up the great job _Blade!

-NeF

10. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Your Endor / Death Star scene is simplistic, but effective, especially considering the 'tools' you used to create it! Definitely a good cause as well. Well done.

11. Amithyst_Blade

Nov 14, 2001
    alrightie! I got up my paintings (3) and a jumble of sketches and concept pieces of my Star Wars stuff.. please check out my site and tell me what you think

12. mMathab

mMathab Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2001
    Wrong picture link on the Mara Jade one...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.