main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

amLOOPS blacklight artist/jedi knight

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by amLOOPS, Oct 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amLOOPS

amLOOPS Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2002
    Greetings and salutations fellow members. Although new to the fan force, I have been honing my skills since Master Lucas first began to tell the story of the power of the force. While training on my own, in the depths of the desert, I discovered an intriguing variation to the Jedi weapon of choice. As yet unnamed, I have combined two shortened range lightsabers in nun chuk style to create a never before seen Jedi weapon. It's widely known that Master Lucas does accept unsolicited ideas and so I look to the Jedi Council for assistance with getting my weapon known. If a visual demonstration is something you'd be interested in please email me at amLOOPS@fanforce.net and I will send a two minute video of my weapon's capabilities.
    Thank you for your time, may the Force be with you.
    amLOOPS
    P.S. Please make no mistake, I seek no monetary compensation for the idea or the implementation of it by me as a Jedi. I desire only to expose my weapon to expand the minds of the Jedi council and possibly with the help of the force perform my skills for Master Lucas.

2. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    just curious: wouldn't that be deadly to the user? When using a nun chuk, you would ususally bounce each end off your own body when twirling it around... I would think a light saber on either end would tend to run you through while doing this.

3. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Sounds pretty cool. But how DOES one use that w/o cutting an arm off? i DO likethe idea. :D

jauhzmynn

4. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Visually I imagine that's quit a sight.. but like the others have said, in practicality (according to the SW universe) that weapon would never work.. Nunchuk are bounced off various points of the body to give the weapon momentum, and to confuse the opponent with a dizzying display.. doing that with a lightsaber like energy weapon is usually fatal..

5. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Tell us about the black light. Are your light-nunchucks painted with flourescent paint?

6. Rhen-Mcdohl

Rhen-Mcdohl Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2002
    I have to agree with Tengu on this matter.. I do agree they would be a sight to behold, But very difficult to wield..
    But who knows..

7. Various

Various Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    Someone on the fanfilms board did a 20 second FX test clip with 'saber-chucks.' Looked neat but not really useful.

8. amLOOPS

amLOOPS Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2002
    Fellow Jedi,
    My sincere apologies for the delayed reply. I appreciate your questions, and hope my verbal attempt will not only explain but entice you to want to see more. While unconventional, my use of nun chuk style lightsabers is completly possible. A shortened chain allows the chuks to use the momentum of each other and the handles rather then bouncing off the body. They hit only each other. While I agree it is dangerous, I suspect it is no more dangerous then wielding a light saber itself. As with all things practice makes perfect. As for the blacklight, I am a blacklight artist and stumbled upon this idea by using 2 10 inch glowsticks bound together in nun chuk style to create a new light show, so I could keep the momentum w/ out bouncing them off my body or behind my back. Everything I make is what I call "blacklight friendly", so while I have in the past made chuks that glow in the dark or are black light friendly, as of late my favorite pairs are multi colored LED flashlights I've bound together, and my pride and joy are two titanium LED floodlights bound in the same style. Any further inquiries please email me amloops@fanforce.net
    Thank You and may the force be w/ you.

9. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Mmmm.
    Here's my clip from May. :D

Have fun.

[EDIT:
    Just some additional background info.
    This weapon was written into the Hidden Phantom story line in May 2001.
    The Sith starts fighting with two sabers, then later activates pod racer style energy binders to use them as chucks.
    The prop was built from practice chucks with 34" PVC extensions and saber hilts, then rotoscoped.
    Even with three years of martial arts training, including chucks, the actor smacked his head, and a few studio lights, several times during filming. ;)
    It was still lots of fun.
    /EDIT]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.