main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Among the Stars -- Original Character vignette set during the Jedi Purges - reposted

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mar17swgirl, Mar 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Hey all!

I posted this vignette (or a short story, to be precise) in the old Fanfic forum, but I thought I might repost it here, too. :)

So, read it, enjoy, and please give me feedback! :)

Among the Stars

Soft moonlight passed through the partially closed windows, painting the small room in a silver-blue shade.

It was risky, in Sareth Ay'rinn's opinion, to leave the windows unlocked, but he knew that his young padawan savored the fresh night air more than anything else. Besides, to stay in this place for so long was risky enough as it was. Denying his little girl at least this pleasure was not worth it.

He sat on a chair near a small bed. There lay Gaëlle, her gracile chest rising and falling with each inhale and exhale in regular intervals. She was so peaceful in her sleep, so fragile. In the dim light he could see her round face, half-opened mouth, and the closed eyelids, behind which were the bluest eyes Sareth had ever seen.

Those eyes of her had always reminded him of the bright stars on the night sky. And for that, he had named her Shi'yanna, which meant "Brilliant star" in the ancient language of his home planet he had almost forgotten.

She had been his padawan for a mere year, but he already loved her like his own daughter. She was bright, always joyous, and wise far beyond her twelve years of age. Her aura in the Force was strong and, for some reason, it always seemed shiny blue to Sareth - just like the two orbs in her face.

Often he recalled the day when he first met her. She was only an initiate, but even then she struck him as a very exceptional child.

Sareth walked slowly through the Temple's gardens, barefoot as he always did when he was relaxing. Here, among the hundreds of trees and flowers from all the corners of the Galaxy, he felt in peace, drawing in the energy of the Living Force as if he were drinking from the cup of the sweetest drink. The lush green gardens, with many pools and waterfalls were, in his eyes, physically embodying the Force and its beauty. Sareth praised the ancient Jedi for creating them.

He loved this place, ever since he was a child.

There were several Jedi children running around. Sareth watched them play, listening to their laughter which sounded like music to his ears. He admired their spirits, so pure and untouched, like the snow-white clouds on the sky.

He stopped and closed his eyes, releasing his mind into the flow of the Force, melting his conscious self away, only feeling the ultimate Power and Peace. The time seemed to stop, and each second stretched into years.

To his surprise, he felt another mind touch his, subtly, as if it were afraid of a closer contact. He opened his eyes and saw a five-year-old girl standing in front of him. She had long blonde hair and blue eyes, which were studying him intently.

Sareth knelt down to look at her closer. "Hello," he said and smiled at her.

Slowly a smile spread on her face, like a flower coming into blossom. "Hello," she replied. "Who are you?"

"My name is Sareth. What's your name?"

"Gaëlle Riyan."

"Gaëlle," he repeated. "That's a nice name. Do you like the gardens?"

She nodded. "I come here with my friends. But I like to stay alone."

He smiled in understanding. "I know. It's a special place."

She tilted her head to the side slightly and gazed into his eyes, as if trying to read his soul. Her mind's touch was gentle, as were all the children's, but Sareth was amazed how much her soul resembled his own. And he knew that she felt that familiarity as well.

"Come," she said finally, taking his hand. "I'll show you my favorite place."

He stood up and followed her to the far end of the gardens. There stood a small wooden bench, isolated from the rest of the gardens by a circle of Yriss trees, which gave privacy to those inside. Gaëlle motioned for Sareth to sit down and climbed up on the bench next to him. She looked up and gazed at the night sky through the t

2. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
  3. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    That is very powerful. I had the lotr playing when i read it and...wow. :)

4. JediHunterCommand

JediHunterCommand Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    Pretty darn good.

I like this time period; I had a very similar idea to this one, once, and I may have to develop it now that I see how it's done.

5. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    That brought tears to my eyes. It was beautifully written, and very poweful. Well done.

6. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Thank you all so much for the replies! :) I'm really glad that you liked it.

SpeldoriontheBlended: Hm, I can imagine. I love the LOTR soundtracks, both of them! :D

JediHunterCommand: Thank you! Yes, I like this period, too - mainly because it gives you opportunity to play with your original characters. I like writing original characters. One of the reasons is that I can write them as I please and noone can tell me they're written out of character! :p ;)

crystalrain: Aww, really? Well, that's a real compliment. ;) :D Thanks so much for response.

7. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
  8. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Up for the new day! ;)

9. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Rise, my friend.

10. Darth_Pixel

Darth_Pixel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Wow. That was really good. *sniffs* So i'm guess the majority of jedi don't know who vader is, or rather who he used to be?

11. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. :)

No, I don't think many Jedi knew who Vader really was (though, in my other Jedi Purge vignette, "Another", I had the Jedi know who Vader was). Not that it makes any difference - they'd be wiped out anyway... ;) :p

12. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Hmm, up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.