main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Amongst the Stars (Pre ANH Luke's reflections)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jackyyy17, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackyyy17

jackyyy17 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2006

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Lovely exploration of Luke's thoughts! =D=

And the promises? Next season, next season. Well, next season is always out of reach. It is always just one season away. They give me just enough hope to keep me going. But it is always just a vague promise of more that just might never come.

Brought to my mind that scene from ANH very vividly! :D

3. jackyyy17

Jan 12, 2006

4. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Really nice Jackyyy17- Makes me think of Lee Holridges theme from "East of Eden."

5. DarthTanos

DarthTanos Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2006
    that was excellent. it really shows how much of a sense of responsibility luke has, and how people use it to rope him into things all of the time. there's never been a better example of it than with this. lukes aunt and uncle roped him with responsibility, and that can be the worst type of bond there is because breaking it means letting people who count on and care about you down. hard.

loved the emotions that came forth from him, the obvious desire to be amongst the stars. that likely comes straight from his father.

loved it sis. loved it.

oh, btw, this is trim.

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    That was very touching jacky!

A great look into Luke's mind!

They are so tiny, so beautiful, so far away. Like diamonds in the heavens. They are free. Only refined to the blackness of space.
    This was such a beautiful description, and a wonderful opener!!!

nd the promises� Next season, next season. Well, next season is always out of reach. It is always just one season away.
    They was you wrote this part was awesome! I can really feel Luke's pain in this thought!

And the ending was amazing! I loved it!

Awesome job, my cosmic sister! =D=

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    That was really super! I could feel Luke's frustration and desperate desire to leave--and his knowledge that they were giving him just enough hope, but not too much with a promise that's always out of reach. I loved the way you expressed his longing to be out among the stars and that he knew his future was out there. =D= I was touched that he knew he could leave, but didn't want to leave his aunt & uncle and make them worry. :* It's sad that he thinks they think of him "only as a nephew" and as a person to keep a guard on--rather than a son they love. Of course, they are guarding him against a fate like his father's, but he does not know that yet. Being the Luke fan I am, I love exploring his thoughts at any time of his life, but particularly in the crucial periods: right before the Rebelllion, after he learns about his father, the uncertainties around the Jedi Academy times, and of course, surrounding Mara. :) ;)

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was wonderful.

You did a great job of capturing Luke's restless spirit and his frustration at being held back.

Great job on your challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Poor Luke! How tough to long for something so much, that seems unreachable. It's just too bad that when he reached the stars finally it became one more hardship after another.

Great little viggy, gal! :)

10. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    =D= This was lovely! I can imagine that this is exactly how Luke feels. Brilliant job!

11. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Wonderful. Luke will break free soon, but waiting is awful.

12. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Very interesting and potent, reflecting Luke's Anakinish nature.

13. jackyyy17

Jan 12, 2006

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.