amp;quot;No Leia, I am your father" A pass-around Vader/Leia AU **Mulitple Updates 6/22**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Merkurian, Jul 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    In answer to your question Sci fi, I'm not sure. Given GL's re-use of OT stuff (Anakin building Threepio, Jabba, etc.) It wouldn't be a big stretch to say that Anakin & Obi-Wan flew the Falcon. After all, Owen's cover story was that Luke's father "was a navigator on a spice freighter..."
  2. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    I'm not above "upping" my own stuff....

Seriously though, let me ask again:

Any plot ideas/characters you wanna see explored in this AU? I've been trying to come up with a way to include one of my favorite "overlooked" EU characters, Kam Solusar....
  3. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    where was I? Oh yeah...

"Evacuate? In our moment of triumph?" Tarkin snapped at the officer, "I think you overestimate their chances!" That was all Lord Vader needed to hear. His plan was unfolding perfectly.

The Dark Lord had allowed his daughter to be "rescued" by Obi-Wan and his minions, and she directed them straight to the hidden Rebel base with a tracing beacon secured aboard the Millenium Falcon. The Death Star needed only to follow the trail. All that remained was for Obi-Wan to formulate a plan to defeat the Death Star, which evidently he had done; Lord Vader had great faith in his former master.

Darth Vader's faith in Obi-Wan's abilities was the true risk to the plan he'd devised. It was possible that Obi-Wan could crush the seed of darkness the Dark Lord had planted in his daughter's spirit. In that case he'd have to deal with them both himself. For reasons that he couldn't quite explain, the Dark Lord of the Sith did not relish the thought of meeting his old master again. Was that why he allowed Obi-Wan to escape the Death Star? Was that why he risked losing his daughter to the pitiful, weak side of the Force? Because Obi-Wan would have a plan her her as well? He doubted his old master could prepare Leia to successfully resist the Emperor.

The Dark Lord arrived at an intersection with two of the station's best pilots, "Mauler" Mithel and another TIE pilot he didn't recognize. "You two with me," Vader commanded, "We will be facing the Rebels ship to ship." It was a simple matter for Vader to "persuade" Admiral Motti that only a token force from the battle station's vast TIE fighter compliment was needed to deal with the Rebel threat. "Sorcerer's ways" indeed! By going out himself in his custom TIE fighter, Vader would be safely away from the Death Star when its time of destruction was at hand.

"Trust your feelings, Luke, let go." Obi-Wan was instructing Luke in the use of the Force during the course of the battle. The plan that he had devised with General Dodonna called for the Rebel pilots to hit a small thermal exhaust port. While the other pilots groaned at the improbability of making such a shot, to young Luke it was a challenge to be overcome, and a simple challenge at that. The old Jedi smiled at the similarities Luke shared with his father: a casual confidence that some mistook for cockiness, a natural aptitude with machines & piloting, and of course a tremendous strength in the Force.

That gift in the Force he shared with his twin sister who stood nearby, nervously surveying the tactical readout. Obi-Wan could feel her anxiety, but he attributed it to the stresses that everyone was feeling, the notion that the death of a revolution could be at hand. Still, he wasn't absolutely certain that this was the source of Leia's feelings...

"The Force is strong in that one," Vader remarked aloud. Certainly the Rebel was a remarkable pilot. He was even bold enough to engage the Dark Lord directly. He had sensed anxiety from the pilot when he nearly shot down another x-wing fighter. Doubtless there was a bond of some sort, a friend perhaps. He allowed that pilot to escape, a gambit which allowed the Force-sensitive pilot to evade Lord Vader long enough to make a reckless dash for a specific trench along the Death Star's equator; apparently Obi-Wan had found a weakness of some sort.

As the Dark Lord chased down the Rebel, the breakneck speeds and constant twisting and turning reminded him of other times, like the Boonta Race on Tatooine, or his escape from the Trade Federation battleship, that resourceful astromech in tow. He could almost hear himself shout with glee, "Now this is Podracing!" but that was the voice of the dead.

He was amazed at the skill at which this other pilot flew. So far Lord Vader had only succeeded in damaging the ship's astromech. For reasons that Vader couldn't be clear on, he fe
  4. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    Yeah, I thought it'd be interesting to throw in a "What if Biggs had lived?" twist....
  5. Anakin's Angel Jedi Master

star 4

Wow, this is totally cool...

Cringe...I did sound like a dolt there, didn't I?

Still, I LOVE this!! It's a very clever way of looking at what might have happened. The thought of Anakin and Obi-Wan manning the Falcon is interesting indeed. MORE!!!! I am excited to read this!

aa :D
  6. Darth Padme Jedi Master

star 2
    I really like this story. There just aren't enough Vader+Leia fics out there. Keep up the good work!
  7. I love Sci Fi Force Ghost

star 4
  8. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    Thanks again guys! Your support is appreciated. I have a question to throw out at you:

Between all the characters, we will soon have 4 different Force-sensitives roaming around Yavin Four. What say you to a guest appearance by the spirit of Exar Kun?
  9. Luke'sryb Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oooh....will old Darth probe Leia's mind to learn the identity of the Force strong Rebel pilot and what happens then. Will he go after both? Will he entice Leia to bring Luke along with her and whenthey meet what then? What of Kenobi? Will he probe Leia's mind and see the danger in time?
  10. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    What indeed? Tune in next time for another exciting episode of "What If?"
  11. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    C'mon...How do you think Obi-Wan might've dealt with the spirit of a 4000 year old Dark Lord of the Sith?

Do you think Lord Vader would be inspired by such a meeting? Or horrified?

Or perhaps, Obi-Wan might get an idea from seeing the ghost of an ancient Force-user....
  12. Sith Vegeta Jedi Knight

star 1
    That is so good, you have to post more as soon as you can. I can't wait for more!!!
  13. Queen Amidala Jedi Knight

star 1
  14. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    Sorry, guys! I doubt I'll be able to get in any more for at least a couple o' days....Tonight's the Thursday RPG with The Guys (either Marvel Heroes, D&D, or Allternity...I can't wait 'till the new SW RPG comes out!)

Tomorrow my best friend has an art show opening

Saturday is my Mother's B-day

Sunday maybe?

What say you to the Exar Kun cameo?

BTW, how do you get a signature?
  15. empress of justice Jedi Master

star 4
    Just read this. Looks good. I'll be keeping an eye on this. I'd comment more, but I gotta get to work.

-Empress
  16. empress of justice Jedi Master

star 4
    Up!

Post PLEASE! (w/ a YT-1300 on top! :)

-Empress
  17. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    I'd love to add something, but it's been a really long day with the family; my brain is all bantha poodoo right now.

Thanks for all the support posts!
  18. Anakin's Angel Jedi Master

star 4

Totally understand about the family/poodoo thing! Just as long as you don't leave us hanging too long!!!

aa :D
  19. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    In the meantime, if you haven't already, feast your mind on "A Parallel SW Universe" it's REAL good!
  20. empress of justice Jedi Master

star 4
  21. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    Page 10!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
  22. Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod

star 6
  23. empress of justice Jedi Master

star 4
    C'mon...post PLEASE!!!