main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Amphitheatres' Metaltropolis (Trial Version 1.0)

Discussion in 'Community' started by spooky-kid, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Welcome all ! A new social thread for metal heads. (Including but not limited to : black/death/speed/medieval-folk/german/thrash metal'ers, punks, hardcore fiends, industial heads, goths and plain ole rockin' rollers

Follow me....

Here we are Castle Metaltropolis. Watch your step if you come back stumbling drunk. There are vicious alligators in the mote if you fall off the draw bridge.

Let's continue... Alot is still being remodeled, so excuse the mess.

First we have the gathering room. To the right is the stage for performing bands. Still waiting on Cobra to get the Sound system in here. To the left is a fully stocked bar. Please don't hesitate to order yourself a drink from the sexy twi-lek girl in the black latex outfit. But no jedi are welcome, she doesn't serve their kind here.

Ahhh hem! Shall we. To the left of the stage is the door to the right wing of the castle. 10 master bedrooms upstairs and 10 downstairs. 1, 2 story bedroom at the end occupied by yours truly. Please sign up for a room at the end of the tour. Since remodeling is still in progress , you may have your bedrooms arranged according to your design.

OK, back to the gathering room. ok, to the left of the bar is the kitchen and dining room. Meals will be served 3 times a day by our rented Death Star droids.

Above the meeting room, we follow this spiral staircase up to the second floor to a Personal Home Theater and a library of books and magazines. Star Wars Insider and Terrorizer magazines are delivered once a month and are left on the meeting room coffee table .

So, that about wraps up the tour. Feel free to make yourself at home. We are expecting some bands to perform in the coming weeks. Enjoy! But before we disperse lets head back down to the bar for a toast.

Let's open a Bottle of Jedi Blood from just after the end of the Clone Wars. That was a great year.

A TOAST..... TO METAL !!!

And one more thing. Let us give respect to the Cradle of Filth thread started by Cobranaconda. With out him we may have not gathered together to conquer this forum.

To Cobra

Arch angel, Dark angel. Lend us thy light. Through Deaths' Veil till we have heaven in sight.

Now brothers and sisters. Let us exhalt our thrones above the stars of god. [face_devil]

2. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Awesome, first reply!

May I request a couple of rooms for myself equipped with all sorts of fireworks paraphernalia? Those will be my Industrial/German Music Headquarters.

*takes a goblet of blood to join the toast*

3. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Ahhh yesssss. Queen Tyranny.

//bows and kisses hand. ;)

So I'm obsessed with acquiring all the Carpathian Forest stuff I can get my hands on now.

4. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Thanks for the note Spooky, but remember:

Arch angel, Dark angel. Give us thy light. Through Deaths' Veil till we have heaven in sight.

Is wrong.

Its actually:

Arch angel, dark angel, lend me thy light.

Anyway! We are here! So, I suppose, brand new thread, we need a topic to discuss!

Oh, by the way, I've been lobbying for this thread, as the Cradle thread ended up discussing all metal, instead of just Cradle. So now the Cradle place can sink into just Cradle stuff, and here can take the super post count.

Cheers Spooky! *Raises Goblet*

Oh, the sound equipment will be:

100 tonnes of Amps, 5 Les Paul Guitars, 2 11 piece drum kits, 4 Ibanez Basses, 3 Korg Triton Keyboards, and 7 top of the range micrphones, with extra special pickup.

5. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    // blood pours down Spookys' chin, neck and chest

Cheers Cobra !

Now we need something in our sigs to show we belong here. All 3 of us [face_laugh]

"others will come a mysterious voice calls out."

whoa, freaky.

6. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    It feels good to be called Queen, I think I will enjoy my new royal status.

Cobra: that means I won't post again in the CoF. Sorry but I didn't get to like them after listening a couple dozens of their songs.

Edit: what shall we put in our sigs now? I won't be easy to get rid of this Ich will chorus bit :(

7. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Yeah. Shall we keep our names that we decided in the CoF?

If so, then I'll go for either Prince of Winter or Master of Disharmony.

8. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    ...... and we still like you? :eek:

:p

Prince of Winter Throned ??? like it.

9. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    My new sigs done. I went for both.

I knew that when this was up you'd leave us anyway Morella.

So, topic.

Uh, for Black Metal: Which is your favourite Black Metal album of all time and why?

Death: See above, with Black replaced with Death.

Uh, do it for all the genres Spooky said, or whatever you want to do.

10. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    Nice new sig. What do you think of mine?

I am soo biased towards German bands that I cannot think objectively about the best Industrial album I've heard. I have yet to listen to Skinny Puppy and maybe, Powerman 5000.

I still think Sehnsucht is one of the best :p

11. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    My knowlege of Black Metal isn't that extensive just quite yet. First response would be.....

Maybe the Carpathian Forest record I just got, "Defending the Throne of Evil"

Runners up thus far.
    COF- Principle of Evil Made Flesh
    Old Man's Child- In Defiance of Existence

edit: I love Skinny Puppys' To Dark Park release

12. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    spooky-kid....I knew that you wouldn't be able to help yourself..... :p long live metal! Not my favorite genre of music but one I tend to enjoy for the most part as long as I don't have to listen to Rage Against the Machine.....or any other band who doesn't know how to vocalize proporly.

13. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    *offers virgin sacrifice*

14. Loso_Fett

Loso_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    sweet thread

Well, since we're choosing titles, may I call myself... Duke of Discordia? I also play guitar so I can give killer live performances every night. All I need is the rest of the band and we gotta gig! Who wants to join me in my quest for some headbangin, ******* awesome good times!??!

15. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    I can do the Rhythm Guitar and a few vocals.

Ah, for my fave Black Metal, I'd definately say: Emperor - In the Nightside Eclpise.

It made Black Metal what it is today. And the guitars and drumming are brilliant. The only things I'd moan about are the bass (too low in the mix), and the vocals (Ihsahn's a great vocalist, but on Nightside he stays on the same note for more than half the album).

Death Metal, I'd go for Akercocke's Goat of Mendes. It combines Gore and Death really well, and it has some killer riffs. Also, there are some weird trombones and trumpets in it, which adds to the variety.

16. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    John, your gifts are greatly appreciated.
    Loso, I can scream and Hollar when ya need it. [face_devil] \m/ ...and feel free to give yourself that title. Maybe even include
    " Metaltropolis" in it
    Typho, We welcome all kinds of metal even though we may not enjoy all of it.

**** You, I won't do what you tell me!

" classic. Even though I'm into the more brutal stuff myself."

Morning metal heads.

// Tells the Twi-Lek at the bar to put on a pot of [face_coffee] .

17. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Bonjer!

*Installs 100 tonnes of amps*

Damn, this is going to be Manowar scale!

*Shoves on some Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger, turns it up to 11*

18. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    awesome dude!

Well my favorite Death Metal Band would be ..... ummmm, well some of my favorites are.

Morbid Angel & Dying Fetus

Favorite speed metal would be none other than SLAYER [insert pentagram]

Heard there's even Slayer tennis shoes now. Vans. I'm gonna google 'em. Haven't seen 'em yet, only heard about 'em.

19. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    lol, yeah.

Slayer are great. I almost went to see them on the Unholy Alliance, but they sold out.

20. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    they look pretty cool, now I gotta find a pair.

here's a place to find some cool t-shirts.
    t-shirt hell

21. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Yeah, that one, the Homeless one, is hilarious!

22. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Where is our Queen this morning ?

23. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Shopping?

24. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Perhaps she'll pick up some new cd's and a nice little corset to strut around in. [face_mischief]

25. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    *enters the room*

Good morning.
    Did somebody request my presence?

*hides shopping bags*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.