Amph Amphitheatres' Metaltropolis (Trial Version 1.0)

Discussion in 'Community' started by spooky-kid, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    SW.com were supposed to interview Anchorhead after they won CE (they said the winner of the Battle would get a feature on SW Rocks), but they never did.

They did CoF instead, which was entertaining, but it was NOT ANCHORHEAD!

:p
  2. Darth Morella Force Ghost

star 6
    Hi all, trying to revive the Trop :p

Ok, so I know it's two months late but still. Apocalyptica released a new album:

From apocalyptica.com

APOCALYPTICA - "Worlds Collide"!

The long-awaited, highly anticipated new Apocalyptica album, "Worlds Collide", hits the stores on September 14th, 2007.

In addition to the instrumental style that Apocalyptica fans find so enticing, "Worlds Collide" also features a long and illustrious guest list of vocalists and other collaborators! Along with Corey Taylor, other highly respected artists such as Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil) and Three Days Grace frontman Adam Gontier are included in the Finnish quartet's "Who's Who" list this time. And long-time friend and Slayer drummer Dave Lombardo as well as Japanese guitarist and composer Hotei add their own magic to the exciting formations featured with the cellists on this album.

The album will be available in its standard version as well as a Deluxe Version. A portion of the interviews contained on the Deluxe Version are also featured today and tomorrow HERE.

You can already order the Deluxe Edition here at Amazon.de.

And it is not mentioned in the newsletter, but Till Lindemann collaborated on a song ("Helden") with Apo.
    I couldn't ask for more. [face_love]
  3. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
  4. Darth Morella Force Ghost

star 6
    I honestly have no idea, I was hoping you'd know. :p

But seriously, Worlds Collide pwns, and not just because Till is in it.
  5. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    I haven't really liked much of their newer stuff. It just sounds like run-of-the-mill rock with cellos instead of guitars. It doesn't help that the cellos sound like guitars now, either.
  6. Darth Morella Force Ghost

star 6
    I like them anyways, and their original stuff is better than their Metallica covers IMO :p
  7. -deeperfasterharder- Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Best band I've been listening to lately: Portal, from Brisbane, Australia. Imagine listening to Morbid Angel whilst being shot out of a cannon, only every second of the experience is being stretched out to limitlessness. Oh yes.

Also:

Reverend Bizarre - Finnish doom metal with a sense of humor (Cob, did you know about these guys? And if so, why didn't you tell me about them before?)

Baroness - Great "rock-y" metal. Unique and creative.
  8. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    SW.com interviewed Cradle of Filth?!?!?!? OMG! [face_laugh] LOL; I have to see that. :p
    Hopefully, it will be out in one of the upcoming issues of the UK Insider!
    Too bad about Ancorhead, though. They >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CoF.

Also, I know I'm 4 days late, but Happy Yule everyone! ;)
  9. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    I've not heard Reverend Bizarre, but I may have heard of them. Can't be sure though.

Heda: CoF

Also, for Morella, Skinny Puppy :p
  10. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    [face_laugh]
    LOL at the interview, especially at Danni: "Nowadays, I'd like a real suit to dress in, but really what I'd like to do would be to dress up as Jar Jar Binks and then spend the rest of the day violently beating myself up as some kind of penance for my actions."
  11. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Just upping this to ask if anyone else can been getting into post-metal, i.e. Jesu, ISIS, Pelican, Cult of Luna, Intronaut, etc?

ES
  12. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Cult of Luna are pretty good :p
  13. Darth Mulacki Force Ghost

star 5
    Arise my pretty...born once again!!!

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange æons even death may die.
  14. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    Been getting into Symphony X lately. w00t!
    Canadian band....they're okay-ish.
  15. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Wow, Trop necrophilia :p

Symph X are cool, though to be honest I think Russell did better in Star One than he did in Symph X, and Romeo's solo stuff > most Symph X I've heard.
  16. Darth Mulacki Force Ghost

star 5
    I get to see some old school metal this summer.

Got tickets for Iron Maiden and At The Gates.
  17. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Cool. I'll probably go and see Turisas and Alestorm in a few weeks, but that'll be the only gig this year, unless I want to see a band in Japan when I'm over there.
  18. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6

I love Lovecraft. :D :p

Iron Maiden are performing in Croatia this summer. Everyone is talking about it all the time. i might go, but first I have to calculate if it would be cheaper for me to go and see them in London or Split. [face_thinking]
    I might go to Blind Guardian again, in September. If that gig isn't just a rumor.

Metal Camp looks very promising this year. Iced Earth, In Flames, Apocalyptica, In Extremo, Helloween, Korpiklaani, Eluveitie, etc. I just have to see whether I'll be working in July or not.
  19. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    heh. I saw a Pink Floyd tribute band on friday night, and all I could think of is what Shine on You crazy Diamond would sound like if metalled up :p
  20. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
  21. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Don't we all? :p

Er... proggy? [face_thinking] :p
    Still, I would listen to it and I think I would even like it. I do listen to Pink Floyd occasionally. It would be amusing to hear some of their stuff being metamorphosed into the more headbanging material. :p
  22. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Headbang to Bike!

I've got a bike
    You can ride it if you like
    It's got a basket
    A bell that rings
    And things to make it look good
    I'd give it to you if I could
    But I borrowed it.

:p
  23. SionsBrother Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Wow, just saw the album art for Opeth's upcoming album Watershed. I'm always impressed by their art.
  24. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    I didn't think it was that good, actually. I'll reserve judgement on the whole thing until it comes out though. Opeth's always a good listen, if you don't get bored in the middle :p
  25. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Opeth are good, but a little too proggy for my taste.
    Their covers are always nice, though.