Amph Amphitheatres' Metaltropolis (Trial Version 1.0)

Discussion in 'Community' started by spooky-kid, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    I take it you didn't like Ayreon then... :p
  2. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Well of course. I told you that already. I said it I'd give it a go with the new stuff you gave me, but most of it was just too boring for my taste and I skipped it. :p The rest was relatively listenable and ok, although nothing special.

I'm currently listening to Falconer, another Power Metal band I came across. And they are awesome! :D
  3. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Gah, I will turn you to the prog side eventually :p
  4. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Never!
    I'll never turn to the prog side. You have failed your highness. I'm a power metalhead, like my fathe- actually my dad listens to rock only. :p

Edit: Can't type.
  5. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Maybe I should lure you with Power/Prog, like Symph X! :p
  6. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Symphony X have one good stuff - Star Wars theme which is really nicely played by guitar (nearly as good as Ancorhead). I'm not a fan of rest of their stuff (at leat what I've heard).

Tyr is proggiest I would go, I think. And they are more folk than prog. :p
  7. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    How about Hardingrock? That's Folk/Prog/Electronica :p
  8. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    They are not among my fav bands, but I still listen to them occasionally. They're not too bad.

Hehe, Flogging Molly are awesome! :p
    Kilburn High Road, hehe.

Thanks for all the music today :)
  9. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    No problem :p

Flogging Molly are fun. I need more of their stuff :p
  10. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
  11. Darth Morella Force Ghost

star 6
    lol, Prog

I was recently introduced to Avant-Garde Metal with Stolen Babies (at least that's what the last.fm tag says). I might've mentioned them before, but they're pretty awesome so you guys might wanna check them out :p

Anyway, what I really wanted to say here is: I'm seeing Apocalyptica this Sunday, so I shall come back sometime next week to tell you all how it went. I can't wait to see them live :D
  12. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    They are awesome!!! :D
    Thanks for the link. I listened to the songs they've put up on the site and I really like them.
    One thing (Faith in Steel, I think) sounded a bit like Hammerfall only the vocals were better. ;)
    But yeah, they are good. I'll try and get their album.

:eek:
    Apocalyptica! *is jealous*
    Have a great time! :)

*crosses fingers that the Ancorhead do a gig somewhere is centralish London soon* [face_praying] And NOT while I'm away, like in July. [face_frustrated]
  13. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    Haha yeah, you can definitely tell who their influences are. I'm thinking about getting the album too.
  14. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    They did a pretty good cover of Iron Maiden too.
  15. REVANLORD Jedi Master

star 4
    Meh, it's been at least 3 months since I last posted, but what else do you do at 1:00 AM on a Saturday morning? :p

At any rate, how many people here listen to a band called As I Lay Dying? Thier lyrics in my opinion are kind of stupid, but then again so are Dragonforce's. :D As I Lay Dying is metalcore/speed metal I would say, definately worth a look.
  16. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh][face_laugh]

I'll avoid it. I don't think I've ever heard Metalcore I liked.
  17. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    There's some good Metalcore but there is a lot of crap too. As I Lay Dying's latest stuff has been going in a more Thrash direction.
  18. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    I've been given some As I Lay Dying recently, but I haven't had any time to listen to it.

I've never been a huge fan of metalcore, but there is this crazy moshcore band I've seen in Rojc last summer. [face_laugh] They were amazing! :p Quite amateur with horrible vocals, but the music was great. I've only managed to see half of their performance, though.
  19. Darth Morella Force Ghost

star 6
    w00t, I'm back from my first Apocalyptica concert (well I was back like 12 hours ago) and my it was great. Perhaps the drums were loud and at times they'd overpower the cellos, which annoyed me a little bit. But it was a great experience as a whole; I'll come back with pics of the band later.

Also, I caught Eicca walking around the building 2 hours before the concert and luckily enough I had a Sharpie with me so he signed my copy of Worlds Collide. :D
  20. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Which one's Eicca? The hot one, the hot one with short hair, the not-so-hot one, or the "blind" one? :p
  21. Darth Morella Force Ghost

star 6
    Eicca is the blond with the long hair so I suppose that'd make him the hot one :p

I personally like Perrtu (the short-haired one) more.
  22. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Nah, I always thought the guy who used to have blond hair but now has black hair and a beard was hot :p
  23. Darth Morella Force Ghost

star 6
    He's skinny, I don't know how the hell he keeps his pants from falling down to his ankles.

Edit: Anyway, I'll come back a few hours later with pics. I can't post them right now cuz I'm at school :p
  24. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Wait... Wiki says the one I'm talking about is Perttu. The short-haired one is Paavo :p
  25. Darth Morella Force Ghost

star 6
    lol, I always thought the short-haired guy was Perttu. *shrug*

Clicky here for pics. I'n not in any of them, btw :p