main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Amphitheatres' Metaltropolis (Trial Version 1.0)

Discussion in 'Community' started by spooky-kid, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SionsBrother

SionsBrother Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 26, 2006
    I forgot to mention my recent endeavor to the Summer Slaughter Tour in Louisville.

Most of the bands weren't too bad. Kataklysm, TBDM, and Aborted being my top 3. Whitechapel was atrocius. The worst band I've ever seen live. Vader only got to play 2 songs and that sucked.

2. sithian_goddess_69

sithian_goddess_69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    this has been the longest thread i somewhat skipped because im partially tired and the fact there's alot of words going on..... so the band is Apocalyptica we are talking about?? because i love metal, i also like any other forms of music thats good on the ears and soul but mostly metal. hi, my name is sithian goddess, how can i be of service? lol

3. pass_the_scarab

pass_the_scarab Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2008
    I want you to tell me how Boris is able to rock so hard.

4. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Because they're Japanese. I find most awesomely rocking bands these days come from East Asia :p

5. Darth Mulacki

Darth Mulacki Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 4, 1999
    I, for one, is looking foreward to Death Magnetic. Any new Metallica is good news.

Plus, Slipknot is comming out with a new one, around the same time called All Hope Is Gone, which by the two singles I've heard is going to be pretty damn interesting.

6. sithian_goddess_69

Jan 21, 2004
    oh sweet, i like slipknot... metallica with a new album ooooh sounds like a gooder!!!

7. SionsBrother

SionsBrother Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 26, 2006
    I for one can't wait Amon Amarth's Twilght of the Thunder God in September.

If you order the special edition boxset or whatever, you get Amon Amarth bobbleheads!

8. sithian_goddess_69

Jan 21, 2004
    WHAT? amon amarth bobbleheads?? awesome, i want one!!!!

9. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Kinniku Shoujo-tai are killing me...

10. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005

Haha! That's so awesome! :D

11. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Just got back from an Opeth gig in Tokyo. Awesome. Didn't play much from the new album (only 2 songs).

What I can remember of the setlist (they blew my head off :p )

Lotus Eater ("It's a song about eating flowers..." - Mikael)
    Master's Apprentices (/,,/)
    Deliverence
    Baying of the Hounds
    Serenity Painted Death (Orgasm)
    Bleak
    Demon of the Fall
    Night and the Silent Water
    The Drapery Falls
    Heir Apparent

Nothing from Orchid though :(

Mikael was a legend as always. Cracking jokes about needing a new guitar (he had to spent about 3 minutes retuning between songs) :p

12. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I'm not a huge Opeth fan, but I like most of the songs from that list. The gig was truly awesome. Lucky you! :p

13. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    I forgot. They also played "To Rid The Disease" from Damnation. The non-metal album :p

14. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I've decided to start posting in here.

So, I guess I'll introduce my tastes.

I like mainly Symphonic, Progressive, Folk and Power Metal, although I like Death Metal if it also could be classified as Symphonic, Progressive, Folk and Power Metal as well, and/or Death Metal of the Viking Metal variety.

The bands I like are as follows: Symphony X, Dragonforce, Dragonland, Evergrey, Therion, Nightwish, Rhapsody/Rhapsody of Fire, Blind Guardian, Kamelot, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Edguy, Angra, Turisas, Amon Amarth, Elvenking, Ensiferum, Star One, Falconer, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Haggard, Hollenthon, Fairyland, Dark Moor, Nocturnal Rites, Gamma Ray, Ecstatic Fear, Freedom Call, At Vance, Firewind, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Ayreon, Hammerfall, Demons & Wizards, and more.

15. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Has anyone heard of Pirate Metal? Bands such as Running Wild (the original), Alestorm, Swashbuckle, and Verbal Deception are examples. Here's the tag page on last.fm, for anyone interested. Its a sub genre of Folk/Power Metal.

16. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Alestorm are good. And these "new genres" are quite silly. They're not really Pirate Metal, they're just Folk/Power with lyrics about pirates. I don't hear people calling Cradle of Filth "Vampire Metal" or Metallica as "old boring men metal" :p Pirate Metal and Battle Metal are both just silly genre tags.

17. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Yeah, I guess that's true. But the music is good nonetheless.

18. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Would Cattle Decapitation be called vegetarian metal? LOL

They got a new album comin out in a few months. lookin fwd to it.

19. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Wow, Spooky's back :p

Maybe the Trop won't die as much now :p

20. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Yeah been on Myspace mostly. If I'm online at all.

I'm excited to finally get the new Cradle album when I get paid this week. They're still my favorite band even though you've bored of them awhile back probably

21. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    I still enjoy their earlier stuff. The new album isn't as bad as I thought it'd be, actually. Quite similar to Midian, stylistically.

22. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Haven't heard it completely. Reckon I'll dig it since in my opinion Midian is still the best album ever put out by any band.

23. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Hey, I had a spooky-kid encounter on YJCC and I remembered this thread.

How's everyone?

24. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    really f'n good now that I know Cradle is playing in Asheville on their next US tour and I don't have to drive 4+ hours to Atlanta to see them.

We're startin to get some good shows here finally. Dimmu Borgir played a few weeks ago.

So what's everyone listenin to lately? Shockingly enough. I've been diggin some country-ish type stuff. I love Hank Williams III now and this guy called Unknown Hinson. Seen Unknown Hinson Halloween night at a sold out show. He played the most amazing cover of Hendrixs' Voodoo Child.

25. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    I went to Japan and sort of got hooked on Japanese music, so a lot of what I've been listening to is either J-pop (yay for Aya Hirano and Morning Musume), Visual Kei, or J-metal (everything from Power Metal like Galneryus to weird as hell Black Metal like Sigh).

Also started getting very hooked on prog, so Ayreon are now my most-listened band on Last.fm :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.