main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amy Henning going to EA/Visceral for Star Wars game

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by D-Ludicrous, Apr 3, 2014.

1. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
  2. Erevador

Erevador Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 10, 2013
    This is incredibly great news. She's a huge talent, and one with a major love for George Lucas style storytelling. Uncharted is full of classic Lucas wipe transitions.

This bodes extremely well, and shows that EA are taking these new Star Wars games very seriously.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Just cause they brought in one actress doesn't mean they are taking it very seriously :p

4. astropaz

astropaz Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    She is a creative director not an actress and has been heralded one of the best in the business for her work on the Uncharted games. So yes it does mean Visceral are taking things as seriously as they come.

Just entirely what it means we have no idea because there is next to no info about this game, if Visceral are involved with the "EA Canada, open world" game then that's what she'll be working on but if Visceral are working on a separate title then that's great news too as Visceral were working on 1313 before it was canned and they could be developing another game in that genre which is a perfect fit for Hennig, it would also mean there will be 3 new SW games in the near future which is also great news.

It's all IFs though at this point. Hopefully more news will follow.

5. CptSteam

CptSteam Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 14, 2014
    I'm actually looking forward to see what comes from this. The Uncharted series is great fun.

When Lucasarts got absorbed in the acquisition I was pretty worried, but we're already getting more decent content out than we have in the past few years, with even more in the pipeline.

6. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Yes I was quite pleased by this news, she's obviously well versed in the high adventure genre. Doesn't mean it will translate into space but I'm hopeful.

7. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Uncharted?

Gimme Sith Reaver. :p:cool:

[​IMG]

darthcaedus1138 and DarthBrian like this.
  8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  9. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Quick correction to title, her name is 'Hennig', not 'Henning'. I accidentally spell it wrong sometimes too.

10. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    I was so happy to hear about Hennig being brought in. The writing in the Uncharted games are so good. I hope we see something about this game at E3.

I don't know anything about his writing ability, but I really enjoy him as an actor in the few times I have seen him pop up.

11. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I'm really interested about this game... I hope its something like 1313. I've always wanted to play a video game in the seedy underworld of the Star Wars universe.

12. Fleetlordtrench

Fleetlordtrench Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2014
    She was the writer and creative director of the Uncharted series!

13. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    yes. i love those games. cinematic and action packed.