main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

An Accidental Trip to Earth

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ObWanKenobeee, Mar 31, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObWanKenobeee

ObWanKenobeee Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2000
    Title: A Vacation to Earth
    Author: ObWanKenobeee
    E-mail Address: ObWanKenobeee@aol.com
    Summary: Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi take a vacation but Obi-Wan
    ends up at Earth, unable to use the Force.
    Time Period: Obi-Wan is 14.
    Rating: PG or G
    Spoilers: None I think
    Disclaimer: I don't own any recognizable Star Wars characters such as
    Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, and others. Nor do I own any planets
    such as Coruscant and others. All of these recognizable Star Wars
    things belong to George Lucas and Lucasfilm. I am making no money
    (not even a penny) for this story. No
    infringement is intended this is for fun, and not money.

Note: This is my first attempt at writing a Star Wars fan fiction
    exept this one about Chewbacca getting a haircut... But I wrote that
    one for school and didn't do to well because the teacher said
    something about copyright laws and stuff. (O; Also this might of
    changed from past tense to present tense or something like that, if
    it does sorry every time I write a story it ends up like that. Also
    things between * are thoughts to themselves and // is through their
    minds. I am only in 5th grade.

An Accidental Vacation to Earth
    By: Rachel C.
    PART ONE
    Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn were on a vacation Yoda sent them
    on. They were on a planet named Rycolicks where not to many people
    lived. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were setting up a camp and unpacking. Then Obi-Wan heard something when he was done unpacking and they were walking through the woods. He heard it coming from a cave. He asked Qui-Gon if he could go see what the noise was. Qui-Gon let him go. Then when Obi-Wan went in he saw a glowing crystal. He picked it up. Then it started shaking. He started to back away but tripped over a rock and fell very hard with a thump and he knocked himself out. Qui-Gon heard something but time he got inside the cave Obi-Wan was gone.
    "Obi-Wan! Obi-Wan!" Qui-Gon searched for his padawan for a while with not to much luck.
    | || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || |
    Obi-Wan woke up and looked around. He was laying in an alley, but in
    a crowded place. It looked nothing like the planet he just had been
    on. He got up and walked out of the alley. He saw some strange
    things. People were dressed strangely, the buildings were short, and
    not one single speeder or ship in sight. Some people were looking at
    him like he were dressed strangely or something. He walked up to a
    man and said, "Excuse me sir, could you tell me where I am?"
    "Your in Massillon Ohio!"
    "Thank You."
    Obi-Wan had no idea where Massillon Ohio was but he had never been
    there! He saw another man up ahead and went to ask what year it is.
    "It's the year 2000 you dummy!"
    "No, it isn't! It is the year 5430!"
    "No, it isn't. If you're looking for the movies, Star Boy, they're
    right down there it's the Lion's Lincoln Theater."
    "Um. Thanks."
    Obi-Wan was confused. It was the year 5430 he was sure but that guy
    said it was only the year 2000. What happened. Then he thought a
    minute. The cave! *Maybe the cave had a magic crystal in it or
    something, the planet is known for powerful crystals.* Then he remembered his master. He tried to reach out to the Force to locate Qui-Gon but he couldn't. "What's going on?!" hewondered aloud. People were saying the it was the year 2000 and he
    couldn't reach the Force or find his master. He was in big trouble.
    | || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || ||

2. Queen_of_Naboo

Queen_of_Naboo Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2000
    Hi,
    This is a very good story idea. Hmm...wish I had thought of it, oh well. You might want to work a little more on the dialog making it more accurate to the characters in the movie, but other than that I see a great story developing. Keep up the incredible writing!

3. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    The funny thing about this is that I was thinking of doing a thread like this, except it was going to be set WAY in the SW future. If it's okay with you, can I start my own version when I finish my other threads?

Please????

4. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    Good work ObWanKenobeee! (Don't worry about only being in the fifth grade. You have a good plot and realistic character reactions.) Looking forward to more. --AWK

5. ObWanKenobeee

Mar 22, 2000
    Hi I can't post another part yet because I think I lost it. I think you had a good idea about your story, Amidolee and I don't care if you do one. I didn't think this story was very good before but if anyone wants me too, I'll post more. I got it finished, I just have to find it.
    tongue.gif

6. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I like it!

7. Force Quake

Force Quake Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2000
    Fan films are wonderful because it allows dedicated Star Wars fans a chance to show their appreciation for the greatest space opera ever written. It's remarkable to see fan films that display cut rate special effects and awesome camera work, however, those qualities are not the most important elements to a really outstanding film. Perhaps the defining features that best represents a truly great fan film is its originality and unique spin to a particular idea. It's because of these reasons that the fan film PA WARS really shines.
    No doubt continuing in the grand tradition of Troops, PA WARS successfully pulls off a refreshing and humorous take to the timeless Star Wars saga. The story is short and the plot is simple but this only adds to its charm. The actors are genuinely funny and do a good job of not forcing their humor onto the audience. It's a film you would expect from four great guys who love to cause havoc at the office after the boss goes home.
    I can only hope there are others out there who see the same marvelous quality of this film as I do. If there's one thing I know for sure it's that these guys are honestly great individuals. If you doubt this, then contact them with a thought, question or problem you have and see the kind of response you get. Then you shall see what I have seen.
    This is a very clever and sincere fan film. I highly recommend it to anyone who has a tremendous affinity for Star Wars and wants to laugh. The sequel can't come soon enough.

DB

8. C3-Pete-O

C3-Pete-O Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2000
    I couldn't agree with you more. Somehow, this film really stuck out in my mind after I saw it. To be honest, I avoided it at first as it looked a bit goofy. Well it is goofy, but in the best kind of ways.

I was impressed by the consistent, non-pretentious style of it. Right from the beginning, when Stayin? Alive started playing, I knew that this was going to be interesting. It has this amazing quality of being both amateurish and professional at the same time. How can you have any pretense if your Yoda is a taco bell cup and you are using toy sabers (not rotoscoping them works very well). It had the feel of a bunch of guys having a lot of fun. It really comes through and makes it fun to watch. The fight scene is so great. Don?t get me wrong, I love the flowing artistic choreography that some of the film makers have been using, but your scene seemed very genuine. well like two guys bashing at each other with toy swords with reckless abandon (I?m not surprised that you broke so many swords). Great work. I also really appreciate that you made the world YOURS rather than completely rehashing the dialogue and characterizations from the movies. I mean, we all know the movies well enough. We don?t need to be continuously given clones of what has been done already. The bits of the movies that that you do satirize are clever.

This all combines with great acting (great timing and delivery), camera work, editing and such to make this more than just an amusing look at how crazy fans can be. It actually comes through as well put together story. Heaven forbid, I am a bit eager to find out what happens to our disheveled PA.

Okay, these are all things that others have have already said, so I'll shut up. I guess I feel bad for dismissing it right away before watching it, and I don't want others to make the same mistake!

Having droned on about its virtues, I was wondering, if any of the creators read this, what aspects would you have liked to have done differently looking back at it? It seems to me if others wanted to make quality work, they might benefit from your after-the-fact wisdom.

Keep up the good work, I look forward to the sequel.

P

(I found the boy and the dog, but I haven?t yet found the name of the show.. I?ll have to keep looking)

9. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Unless the PA guys tell us otherwise, I have to say IM THE ONLY ONE WHO FOUND THE SHOWS NAME!!!!!!
    The best thing is: Its not even shown in Australia, and i STILL got it! Damn Im so good.
    On the flipside of that, someone had to show m where the man and the dog were, so Im not THAT smart! But i know where the name is!
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    hey Spone, Qwi: can I give em a clue???

10. Short Round McFly

Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling star 6

Nov 13, 1999
    So did I

[This message has been edited by Short Round McFly (edited 05-14-2000).]

11. Qui-Stay-Gon

Qui-Stay-Gon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    Hey, looks like Shorty just joined the club Scream Man. I don't know if anyone else has found the name of the show yet. A few have discovered the infamous "Boy humping dog" shot, though. For anyone who's curious, there's a couple of things in PA WARS that have become kind of like Easter Eggs or hidden bonuses. Both were completely unintentional, but have become curiosities for fans of the short--especially one of them--take a guess which one that might be. So, if you like a good scavenger hunt. Here's the subjects in question (and a couple clues).

1) the name of the television show we all worked for, which were the offices where we actually shot the thing. (Hint: the name is not on any of the posters you might see)

2) the "Boy humping dog in the background" shot. Oh yes, it's there, but only a few frames. (Hint: check out the fight)

If you give it a shot, let us know what you find. Good hunting, guys and gals!

12. Sponewalker

Sponewalker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2000
    Wow, thanks for those positive words punks. It makes having to shoot additional footage, for Duel Of The Fakes this weekend, worth it.

Just so you all know, due to popular demand, a certain character will be coming back.

Thanks again everyone. We're glad you have enjoyed our short.

13. Master Lurker

Master Lurker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2000
  14. ObWanKenobeee

Mar 22, 2000
    I haven't been posting for a while becuase I know this story isn't that good, becasue it's the first story I ever tried writing like this. I got another one that's a little bit better called Rebirth of the Sith, but i have writers block and can't think of anything for that one. Since people actually asked for more of this story, I'll post the rest of it here. I'm gonna go back through it sometime and put more detail in and better sentences since I have the whole summer break. Also this is gonna be very hard to read I'm sure, because I didn't skip a line between paragraphs, I'm very sorry about this, but to see it in better format on my webpage, go to

http://www.geocities.com/obwankenobeee/earth.html http://www.geocities.com/obwankenobeee/earth.html
    Okay, I'm done talking now.
    ---------------------------------

PART THREE

Obi-Wan woke up in the morning and got out of his uncomfortable bed.
    *Why am I getting up even? There isn't nothing to do exept plan an escape, and I can do that laying down.*
    But he got up anyway, mostly because breakfast was being served. The guard led Obi-Wan into the cafietiera to eat. When he got his tray Obi-Wan looked at it. It had some yellow lumps like eggs and some other strange looking dead animal.
    *Oh well, I'm hungry*
    Obi-Wan ate the food. Or swallowed the food with his water actually. then he was lead back to his cell. When the guard wasn't looking, Obi-Wan took off running down the hall. Then about five cops came running after him.
    *Maybe this wasn't a good idea!*
    The cops tackled him and handcuffed him. Then he was lead to the main office. The officer called the Stark County jail and asked if Obi-Wan could be transferred to the Stark County Jail. The person on the other line of the phone said he could be transferred after court, and being today was his court day then he could be transferred today. So after that the cop lead him to the Massillon Municipal Court which was right across from the police station.
    | || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || |
    Qui-Gon had been searching for hours, but still no luck on finding the trasporting crystal. Then he saw something sparkle out of the corner of his eye. Could it be? He went over and looked. It was the transporting crystal!
    Judge Eddy Elum said Obi-Wan was guilty and he sentenced him for FIVE years, mostly from trying to pass off counterfiet money as real money. The judge was about to send him to a nut house after hearing his story. But they sent him to the Stark County Jail.
    *The nut house would've been better.*
    The police took him in their car to the Stark County Jail.
    *This is the strangest thing, I mean, they can't even get these things off the ground!*
    Then when they arrived at the jail the cops forced him out of the car and up the steps to the jail. This time, so he wouldn't run away they held him by the arms until he was all the way in the cell and then they locked the door. Obi-Wan turned around and saw that there was someone else already here who must be sharing a room. Obi-Wan looked at the man, he was big and looked really strong.
    *They can't put me with him! He could kill me!*
    Obi-Wan sat down on the chair in th

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.