main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga An affair to remember Palo/Padme, Obi-wan/Sabe post-ROTS AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by powerfulforce, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powerfulforce

powerfulforce Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 16, 2005
    Title: An affair to remember:
    Characters: Padme, Palo,Obi-wan, Sabe
    Timeline: Four years post-ROTS
    Summary: This is a companion piece to another story which I will post shortly, a cross-over with an animated show called Avatar. In this Padme survived the force choke and has been in a coma for the past four years, but she awakens with amnesia, must reclaim her life as well as a love that was lost long ago

Theed, Naboo
    It was a cold dark night as healers and medical assistants alike drudged through their night shifts at the most prestigious hosital on the planet. However there was one incredibly special patient in their care. Padme Amidala Naberrie Skywalker. Four years ago she had given birth to twins, a boy and a girl, who could have asked for a greater blessing? However as soon as they were born she slipped into slumber and it may have been a befitting toll on this once graceful senator. How did one like her slip so far, making all Nubians feel animosity towards their own planet. She was only a human and they hero-worshipped her, making her a god. That wasn't what turned them against her, it was when all of her own disgraceful actions had been displayed. She lied to her own family, married a Jedi even knowing that it was against his code and that he was a murderer of children, her worst crime also had given rise to a Sith Lord who had been the perpetrator of a massive war costing billions their lives. The horror that was Palpatine and The Hero with no Fear now known as the Villain with no Heart had passed, Palpatine was slain and his protege was sealed away, hopefully forever. Where did this leave the prominent former Senator? She was alone on a hospital bed, kept alive by machines and what was most tragic was that the only ones who ever visited her were those who checked on her daily to make sure the machines were working properly. However on the fourth anniversary of her horrible predicament she would at long last receive a visitor.

"What room is she in?" a tall man with dark curly hair and smoky colored eyes asked the receptionist behind the desk.

Without even looking up the stout receptionist curtly replied, "Sir you are going to have to be more specific, we have many women in this hospital, so if you're looking for someone, just tell me."

"I am looking for the one who will not wake and I am sure you know exactly who I am speaking about." The receptionist was now intrigued by whoever this man could be. She herself had never been one for politics, but she knew enough about the woman who was once heralded as a god send, a heroine and now she was nothing more but a sliver of her former self, wasting away and with nearly no chance of ever recovering. However even this sad predicament could not rouse the emotions of the people of Naboo, feeling that she had disgraced them all by her actions. Some even said it would have been best if she died, then at least they would spared the shame of her mere existence. Though while there were those in the hospital who felt this way, not even they could deny to treat a patient, regardless of their own beliefs.

"She has never had a visitor, even her own family has practically disowned her. Those who were in her employ have fled the planet, I know there have been those who want to take her off life support though we have made sure none have disrupted her care. So I am going to ask you, exactly what is your connection to the patient?"

For many years he questioned exactly where he stood with Padme and even though it had been over nine years since their tumultuos break-up, he vowed he could love no other and when the truth of how she married another man only two years since they had separated dealt him a terrible blow. He had no idea how to answer the questions that tormented him night after night. They were together for eight years and it was all in secret to protect her career, though was it even worth it? Did she even love him? Was he really that bad?

"I....I'm, he had no idea how to answer the question.

"Wait a minute, you look familiar, don't tell me it's

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'll turn down Jamilla's offer of representing Naboo in the Senate. I'd rather be your wife.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Not that I blame Padme for blocking out the last nine years but

WOW

Please PM me when you update

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. powerfulforce

Mar 16, 2005
    The next post probably won't be up until thursday or later :( but thanks for the comment and I'll add anyone who wants to be on a pm list.

4. Leia_Ka

Leia_Ka Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2008
    "What?" was all that Palo could even answer. Padme's eyes were still closed, though she continued.

:eek: My response is the same as Palo's. Whut. I'd never thought Padme would give up politics for her...er..former childhood sweetheart. Wow. This shall be interesting.

5. powerfulforce

Mar 16, 2005
    Thanks for the reply, I promise I'll have a new post up by Friday at the earliest. I noticed that whenever we get Palo in a fic he is always depicted as being a jerk or even worse. So we're going to get a sympathetic side that has not been shown, especially how devastated he was when finding out about her marriage. By the way what does everyone think of the new nickname I gave Anakin? I know it sounded cheesy even as I wrote it, but I think it fits.

6. bobafett15

bobafett15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2008
    COMMA ATROCITY!!!! *old ladies sitting around a pc* Where's the comma's?!
    but good, anyway

7. powerfulforce

Mar 16, 2005
    You're not my old middle school english teacher are you? She always said I wrote well, but that I always had problems with punctuation. Thanks for reading and yeah it looks like I missed my deadline on updating, but I will get it up as soon as possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.