main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends An alternate ending to my KotOR storyline - Love's Final Redemption Wow, an update! 02/01

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SabyneAmberle, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    I know it seems strange to post the ending before I post the beginning, but I had this idea for an ending to the KotOR fic I'm (slowly) writing, and I wanted to share it with everyone. There's a few spoilers to it, so read at your own risk if you haven't played the game. It's based off an alternate ending for the female DS Revan, in which Carth redeems her. In place of a female Revan, I have my OC, Sabyne, whom you'll meet in more depth as my story goes up. It starts up just as Revan (male in my stories) falls to the Dark Side.

Enjoy, everyone! Thank you for reading!!

Revan strode purposefully toward Bastila, his voice commanding in both tone and volume. ?I am Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith, once more. Bow before me Bastila, my apprentice, my love.? He said.

Bastila obediently sank to one knee, lowering her head. ?My Lord Revan.? She whispered reverently. ?I am your most humble servant. I am yours to command as you see fit??

Revan cut her off gently as he knelt to lift her chin, using his free hand to take hers. ?Rise, my love.? He kissed her hand lovingly as he helped her to her feet. ?We shall not rule the galaxy as Master and Apprentice, but as equals. My sole demand of you is that you rule at my side, as my love and my Dark Lady.?

Bastila?s eyes widened slightly upon hearing his words. She felt tears threaten to overflow as she lovingly entwined her arms around his neck. ?I can think of nothing else that would make me happier.? She whispered brokenly.

Revan smiled. ?Nor I.? he replied, lowering his head to kiss her, his arms holding her close.

From a short distance away, Sabyne watched the exchange unfold before her with a mixture of horror and sadness. She never imagined that Revan would return to the dark side, not even during the lengthy fight to reach the summit of the ancient Rakatan temple. Even as they learned Bastila now served Darth Malak, she never thought Revan would fall again. They had been friends through the course of their adventures, and even once he learned of his true identity, he swore he would not fall. She could not believe that all it took was Bastila uttering a few token words to Revan about ?destiny? and her ?love? to turn him against them. Neither Jolee nor Juhani evidently imagined it either, for they each appeared as horrified as Sabyne felt.

Yet as she watched them, Sabyne felt a sad pain surround her heart. She saw how affectionate they were with each other, how free they appeared to be, and blinked back her own tears. She recalled the last conversation she had had with Bastila, back before her capture and subsequent falling to the dark side. During their talk, Bastila had lectured her regarding her feelings for Carth, taking great pains to remind her that she was a Jedi, and therefore forbidden to love under the Jedi Code.

Thinking about those words, Sabyne felt a wave of sadness fill her soul. She had always felt torn regarding her feelings for Carth, yet she knew Bastila spoke the truth. If she confessed her feelings, she would once again fall afoul of the Jedi Council, this time of her own doing rather than because of another?s accusations. Yet the thought of living her life without loving him made her feel desolate.

Is it worth being a Jedi if I cannot follow my heart? She asked herself silently. Or will it lead me to more heartbreak than it will peace?

2. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

Very nice start

3. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    That was an excellent start. I cant wait for more. :D
    There arent very many Dark Revan/Dark Bastila stories and they are my favorite. :D

4. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    I don't really understand it, because I don't know the universe, but it seems promising. I'll follow it and will hopefully catch on. :D

5. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    Thank you to everyone who read this! I've had fun writing it! Now, for the next part of the story. Enjoy!!

As though sensing her pain, Jolee placed a comforting hand on her arm. ?Steady there, lass.? He cautioned gently. ?Not everything is what it appears.?

How would you know, Jolee? Sabyne asked him silently. At least you got to marry the one you loved. I may never get the chance to be with Carth.

Bastila laughed coldly, taking a few steps toward Sabyne. ?My, my. Doubting the Jedi yourself, Sabyne?? She asked, her tone cruelly mocking.

Sabyne struggled to keep her temper, resisting the urge to attack as Bastila continued. ?Think about it. You could make a name for yourself as a powerful Sith, rather than as the ?failing daughter?, condemned to live in the shadow of her famous sister as you are now.? She said, watching with dark glee as Sabyne clenched her fists. She had hit a sensitive spot, as Sabyne had always felt overshadowed by Tierslae?s accomplishments as a diplomat.

?And what about how you were treated on Dantooine?? Bastila taunted as she took a few steps to her left. ?After all, no Jedi is expected to take expulsion from the Order very well. Especially when it requires over five years to prove your innocence.?

Sabyne gritted her teeth. ?I?I remember.? She growled softly, her long-buried anger rising to the surface in spite of her efforts to stifle it. The memory of her expulsion over someone?s false accusations continued to anger her, even after she was reinstated after they had escaped Taris.

Bastila walked around her in a slow circle, her expression remaining icily implacable. ?Yes, Sabyne.? She purred. ?Remember how it felt to be cast out of the Order, deemed a disgrace by your fellow Jedi because you were thought to be a Sith in secret.? She touched Sabyne?s shoulder, her touch feeling strangely cold to the other Jedi. ?Remember that it took them five long years to admit to their mistake, yet not once did they apologize. They expected you to bury your anger and take up your saber again, as though nothing had ever happened. They used you, Sabyne, just as they have used every other Jedi in that pathetically obsolete Order.?

Sabyne tensed further at the memory, closing her eyes tightly, trying in vain to block out Bastila?s cruel words. She was right. They had never apologized for expelling her without proof; they had simply given her back her lightsaber and expected her to resume being a Jedi as though she had been on an extended vacation, rather than having been dismissed from the Order.

Bastila stopped just behind Sabyne?s left shoulder, lowering her voice until it was barely audible, her lips near the other Jedi?s ear as she continued to whisper her temptations. ?I know what you?re thinking, what you?re wondering. The Sith can give it all to you. You?ll be legendary beyond anything your sister might hope to accomplish. You can take revenge for the so-called ?justice? the Jedi imposed upon you. You can even love him, without fear or hesitation.?

Sabyne caught her breath, her resolve weakening. I?I could love Carth? Without fearing what would happen if we were discovered? She asked herself. Oh, if it were only possible?

Juhani?s eyes never left Sabyne as she sensed her friend?s internal struggle. She had experienced the same turmoil when she was confronted with Xor, the man who had tried to purchase her as a girl on Taris; the man who had held an inhuman hatred for all Cathar. Even when he attacked them on Manaan, because of the encouragement given by Revan and Sabyne, she had refrained from striking the fatal blow, despite his attempts to provoke her.

?Stay strong, Sabyne.? She whispered. ?The Sith cannot give you all you desire. You could have everything you ever wanted, yet you would still not be happy.?

Finally, Sabyne ceased her mental struggles, hanging her head as she struggled to catch her breath, her shoulders heaving as though she had just fought a thousand enemies. Juhani gaspe

6. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

Nice

7. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    Sweet! I love these Dark Jedi stories :D I hope that she and Carth can still be together. Maybe Revan and Bastila will be able to turn him like Saul.

8. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    Again, thanks for reading everyone! I've had a great time writing this! Here's the next part. Enjoy!

Sabyne brandished her sabers menacingly toward the two paralyzed figures, her cold smile broadening as she sensed their fear. ?Shall I finish these two insects off for you, My Lord?? she asked, an icy amusement lilting her voice. ?It would give me nothing but pleasure to kill them for you.?

Revan shook his head almost regretfully. ?While it would be a pleasure to have you eliminate two of our enemies, we have much to do, and little time to accomplish it.? He replied evenly. Nodding her acquiescence, Sabyne deactivated her sabers, though she continued to watch the two frozen Jedi before her.

Bastila nodded her agreement. ?I sense that the Star Forge increases Malak?s power with every passing minute.? She stated, moving to stand beside Revan. ?It is time you challenged him, my love. Time that you reclaimed the mantle of Dark Lord, the mantle you rightfully deserve.?

He smiled down at her, lowering his head for a brief kiss before withdrawing. ?You are right, My Lady.? He replied, turning to the ship waiting behind them. ?Let us be off. The Star Forge awaits us, as does Malak.? He strode to the boarding ramp of the ship, his every step emanating the power he possessed, followed shortly by Bastila. Sabyne turned to leave, but hesitated briefly, casting a regretful glance behind her toward her two former comrades. She then walked to the ship, boarding it as well.

Upon boarding the ship, she was accosted by Bastila. ?Sabyne, are you sure you?re all right?? she asked suspiciously. ?I sense a great deal of regret in you. Don?t tell me you?re reconsidering serving Lord Revan.?

Sabyne shook her head. ?I?ll be fine.? She replied, her voice calm. ?It?it?s just difficult to acclimate to. After all, we went through so much with them, so many adventures.?

Bastila nodded understandingly. ?For now, it is normal as you adjust to following the dark rather than the light. In time, your power will make you forget even those base regrets.? She walked toward the cockpit of the ship. ?There are clothes in the crew quarters should you need to change. Make yourself comfortable, as we will be leaving momentarily.?

The paralysis over Jolee and Juhani terminated as the ship began to take off. Able to move freely again, the pair ran toward the ship, trying in vain to stop it from leaving. In the end, all they could do was watch helplessly as it blasted off, heading for the Star Forge.

Jolee sighed. ?This situation has now gone from bad to horribly worse.? He observed. ?Having Bastila fall was difficult enough without Revan joining her so easily.?

?And Sabyne as well.? Juhani said sadly. ?Watching her struggle was almost unbearable, yet knowing she fell is heartbreaking.? She paused, fighting back her tears. ?How?how could she?? she stammered. ?She?she always seemed so strong! How could she have fallen so easily??

?Yes, she was strong.? Jolee replied, his voice deep with sadness. ?But in the end, strength was simply not enough. She was plagued with many vices, some real, and some imaginary. Bastila touched on some of them. The worst, however, was the injustice carried out by the Jedi council.? Seeing Juhani?s confused expression, he continued. ?Yes, the Jedi committed a grave injustice against her, expelling her from the Order over unproven accusations. Yet they committed one far worse by not encouraging her to work through her frustrations.?

Juhani nodded her understanding. ?She?she was told to bury her feelings, and not allow them to interfere with either her training or our mission. She was told it would be for the good of the Order.? She said, her voice deceptively even. ?It seems no one among the council knew how those feelings, particularly her anger, would fester within her heart.?

Jolee was sadly thoughtful. ?Indeed.? He replied with a sigh. ?I can imagine Carth will be heartbroken when he learns of their fall, particularly Sabyne?s.?

?

9. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

Nice

10. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    I wanted to thank everyone who has been reading this. I know I might not have said it before, but I appreciate it!

I know I haven't updated in the past couple days. I had a busy weekend and I'm just getting back into my writings. I'll have another update up for everyone either this afternoon or tomorrow!

Thanks again!

SabyneAmberle

11. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    Again, thank you to everyone who follows this story! Now, as promised, here's the next part! Enjoy!

The ship glided slowly into one of the Star Forge?s massive docking bays, landing almost soundlessly once fully inside. Its boarding ramp lowered slowly, allowing its occupants to emerge. Revan and Bastila descended first, walking side by side, each dressed in flowing black robes. They stopped at the bottom of the ramp, each alert to any sign of trouble. Bastila in particular was prepared, her hand on her belt, ready to wield her saber if any threat materialized.

After a brief delay, Sabyne appeared next, clad in identical robes of red, the color so intense the fabric appeared to have been woven from fresh blood. A mask or identical red fabric obscured the lower half of her face, while her eyes remained uncovered, taking in the alien surroundings like shards of blue ice. Her hair, woven into an elaborately braided style, was covered by a red hood.

?My Lord?? she said quietly. ?This place is incredible. Its dark side power is almost overwhelming.? She paused halfway down the boarding ramp, allowing its power to course through her, aware of a distant low hum that seemed to linger throughout the station. ?The dark power on the planet pales in comparison to this!?

Revan nodded. ?Indeed, it is powerful. Yet, we must remain vigilant.? He cautioned. ?Once my former apprentice learns we are here, he will be less than pleased. Undoubtedly, he will dispatch a welcoming committee to ?greet? us.?

Sabyne folded her arms. ?What about Bastila?? she asked. ?After all, she betrayed her oath to Malak by joining with you, Revan. I highly doubt he will be merciful toward a traitorous apprentice.?

Revan took Bastila?s hand in his own, seeming to draw strength from their entwined fingers. ?I don?t know, Sabyne.? He admitted. ?I don?t know if I?ll be the victor, or if Malak will. But I know that I will destroy myself before I allow anyone to harm Bastila.?

?Just as I would kill anyone who attempts to harm you, my love.? Bastila brushed her fingertips against his cheek tenderly before kissing softly where her fingers had been.

Sabyne felt a hint of grief pinch her heart as she watched. She felt alone and adrift for the first time since the encounter at the temple summit, only this time the pain cut deeper. She realized how she ached for Carth, how much she wished they could be together as Revan and Bastila were. She had allowed herself to join them in order to experience the kind of freedom she had rarely known, only now she felt like even more of a prisoner than she had while she was a Jedi.

He might hate me for my decision. She thought to herself. If he ever loved me, my becoming an enemy would cause him to hate me, as he hates all Sith.

Upon noticing a questioning look from Bastila, Sabyne shook her head. ?I?m fine. Just a brief memory of my past weakness. I won?t let it affect me again.? Slowly she finished descending the ramp, keeping her feelings safely hidden away.

Revan and Bastila shared a concerned look. Could she be regretting? Revan asked through their bond. Could she be having second thoughts about joining us?

If she does, her life is forfeit. I will ensure it. Bastila replied.

Malak stood in the Star Forge?s command center, his eyes closed in a deep, silent meditation. He felt a thrill of satisfaction at the thought of the Republic lying in ruins before him. With each passing day, the Star Forge added thousands of ships to the Sith fleet, seamlessly augmenting their forces against the ever-dwindling Republic fleet.

Soon, the galaxy would be his for the taking. Victory was so close he could almost grasp it.

A Sith apprentice entered the room, striding toward him. Malak kept his eyes closed and back turned even as the apprentice bowed before him. ?Lord Malak. A ship has just landed on the Star Forge.? The apprentice stated uneasily.

Malak did not physically respond, as his voice indicated that h

12. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    Nice. Revan and Bastila should have no problem with the droids. :D I cant wait to see what happens. How far are you going ot bring this story? Are you going to continue post KOTOR?

13. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    I'm not sure if I will with this story, since it's an alternate ending I've been playing around with. (Though it's been fun writing it!) I do have a series of fanfics in mind that I'll be starting soon that go from well before KotOR until well after.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to make this a more bittersweet ending or a happy one. (I'd say what happens in each, but that'd give away the story!)

14. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

YAY droids....lol

nice

keep it up

15. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    Thank you, thank you...and thank you again. As I keep saying, I'm having fun writing this. :D

16. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

i'm having fun reading this..now hurry up....lol

17. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003

Very cool and well written. I really like how you got Jolee and Juhani into the story, and the bit of past about Juhani.

?For now, it is normal as you adjust to following the dark rather than the light. In time, your power will make you forget even those base regrets.?..... I liked this sentence alot.

18. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    OK, next part is now going up. And no worries, everyone, the droid fight is still in. I'm working on it as we speak.

A slight forewarning, this is a bit of a sad part. You'll find out who the culprit is when I update again.

As always, thank you for reading!!

There, that should do it. Carth thought to himself as he finished making the last of the repairs on the Ebon Hawk?s landing gear. The rough landing on the surface of the Unknown World had caused minor damage to the ship, and he knew all too well that those ?minor issues? could translate into ?major problems? if not taken care of rapidly. The hyperdrive having been fixed some time earlier, the rest of the crew was lounging about outside; some, like Mission, were resting on the sand. Others, like Canderous, were more alert; preparing their weapons ?and themselves- for what was likely to come.

He tensed as he heard footsteps on the sand. Fearing it was more of the hostile natives, he rested his hand on his pistol holster, turning to face the sound. As he caught sight of Jolee and Juhani, his hand fell away from his gun.

?You?you?re back!? he shouted as he sprinted up the beach. ?Canderous already made the repairs to the ship?s hyperdrive, we can leave?? He trailed off, knowing immediately that something was wrong; the two Jedi had returned from the temple alone. Revan and Sabyne were not accompanying them. ?What happened in that temple? Where?s Bastila? Where are the others??

Juhani tried to speak, but was unable to. Carth placed a gentle, reassuring hand on her shoulder. ?Please tell me, Juhani?? he pleaded softly. ?I?I have to know what happened.?

She took a deep breath. ?Bastila?she f-fell to the dark side.? This was all the young Cathar could say before she dissolved into tears. ?She became Malak?s apprentice.?

?Making matters far worse, she was able to sway Revan and Sabyne into joining her.? Jolee added gravely. ?Revan is seeking to reclaim his title of Dark Lord, with Bastila at his side and Sabyne as his apprentice.?

Deeply shocked, Carth released Juhani, taking a small step back. ?No?? he said softly, his eyes widened slightly in his shock. ?No, damn it! How could this have happened?!? he shouted, his voice echoing throughout the beach.

His shouts brought the rest of the group running to join them. Mission was the first to make it, still rubbing sleep from her eyes after her nap. ?Carth! What happened?? She asked, feeling a bit breathless.

Canderous walked slowly up the beach to join them, followed closely by Zaalbar and HK-47. ?You?re making enough racket to wake Mandalore himself.? He stated bluntly. ?Is it really necessary??

?Oh, believe me, Canderous, it is.? Carth replied stiffly. ?Bastila, Revan, and Sabyne have all turned against us and fallen to the dark side.?

?What? How?? Mission asked in disbelief. ?They seemed almost invincible to me. How could they fall??

?Yes, they were strong.? Jolee explained gravely. ?Yet they were not strong enough to resist the dark side?s lure. Revan and Bastila were willful and headstrong, while Sabyne struggled with anger over issues in her past. Through those weaknesses, they were twisted into servants of the Sith.? He turned his back on the group for a moment. ?This planet is a tainted place. The dark side, amplified by the Star Forge, has twisted the Force into an instrument of evil, just as our friends have been twisted into serving our enemies.?

?But there?s still hope for them, right?? Carth asked. ?I refuse to believe they?re lost forever. We?we can still save them, can?t we??

?Yes, I believe?? Juhani began. Suddenly, a blaster shot was heard, followed closely by a gasp from Mission.

Carth turned to the young Twi?lek, prepared to lecture her about properly handling a blaster. His irritation quickly turned to horror as his gaze fell upon her. ?No?how?? he asked hoarsely.

Mission?s blue-tinged skin was deathly pale as she struggled to remain conscious. Her eyes were blurrily unfocuse

19. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

Oh you killed mission, nice story devolment thiingy...lol

20. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
  21. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    I think HK did it! Kill the droid!

22. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    Well, here's the next part of my prior posting. And yes, the Star Forge fight is still in the works. Enjoy!

The group stood silently for several minutes, before a mechanical voice broke the stillness.

?Statement: One less meatbag for the Master to deal with.? HK chimed in almost cheerfully. ?I am certain we will be most pleased.?

Carth?s shock evaporated and was rapidly replaced by anger. He had never trusted the droid since Revan purchased it on Tatooine, and he grew to trust it even less once he learned the truth about Revan. Even as he grudgingly accepted his comrade?s past, he knew that just as Revan might turn on them, so too might his droid. Now, hearing the droid happily boast about terminating another ?meatbag? ?who happened to be a friend, no less! - was too much to take.

He faced HK angrily. ?I thought your assassination protocol could no longer function. How could you terminate someone without it?? he asked incredulously.

?Explanation: It doesn?t function, meatbag. However, my Master no longer considers your group as his allies. Therefore, he has no further need of you.?

Carth clenched his fists as HK continued, struggling to resist the urge to draw his pistols and attack the droid. ?Commentary: Killing you all will give me great pleasure. Plus, the Master will surely reward me for making his job easier.?

Unable to take any more, Carth pulled out his weapons. Before he could fire off a shot, HK raised his left arm, unleashing a massive jet of flame at him. Carth narrowly dodged, allowing the droid the chance to open fire on the group. Laughing mechanically, HK sprayed the beach with rifle fire, leaving the others with no alternative but to take cover.

Zaalbar was the last to move. Reluctantly leaving Mission?s body, the wookiee charged HK, roaring angrily. The droid merely held out his left arm again, sending out another large flame jet. The wookiee dodged, feeling a shot of pain in his right arm and smelling burned hair as flames enveloped it. Howling in a mixture of rage and pain, he quickly closed the gap between the droid and himself. Before HK could dodge or react, Zaalbar struck him with his left paw. While it was a weak blow by wookiee standards, it was still strong enough to knock the droid back several feet, until he finally came to a stop in a metallic heap a short distance from the Ebon Hawk?s boarding ramp.

Having just finished making minor adjustments to the ship?s now-repaired systems, T3 had just begun to exit the ship when HK landed a few feet away. The assassin droid lay there stunned for several moments before laboriously standing, his menacing gaze locked on Zaalbar.

?Objection: That is cruel and unnecessarily rough handling of a droid, you hair meatbag.? He stated, his voice metallically calm.

Just try and shoot me, you scrap bucket. Zaalbar growled back. I?ll make sure there aren?t enough parts of you left to try again.

?Statement: Ah. A meatbag with a fighting spirit. I like that.? HK raised his rifle to point at the wookiee. ?It will only add to the pleasure I will receive from terminating you.?

His sensors picking up that this was an urgent situation, T3 descended the boarding ramp and headed across the sand to HK.

From their hiding place, the rest of the group watched the little droid anxiously. ?What is he doing?? Carth asked. ?That little droid?s nuts, going up against HK like that!?

Canderous shook his head. ?That little droid knows what he?s doing. With luck, maybe he?ll distract that rampage on legs so we can destroy it.?

The assassin droid never took his gaze off the wookiee, even as T3 approached. ?Observation: I am glad to see you are taking my side in this, T3. It appears I will need all the assistance I can get.? T3 didn?t respond as he stopped behind the other droid, activating one of his repair appendages.

HK didn?t seem to notice, as he adjusted his hold on his rifle. ?Statement: Say goodbye, meatbag.? He taunted as he began to squeeze th

23. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003

Good HK characterization

24. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

yeah i gotta agree with that you got him down right, nice work

25. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    That was a perfect HK. And T3 out smarted him! HA! Man I wish Carth would go bad or something. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.